Confirmed: Bills to start rookie QB Josh Allen vs. Chargers

East TX Dan

1 minute ago, Best Player Available said:

If Bosa sits this one out. And Allen starts there might be a chance to win.

Although the Chargers need this game and playing against such an inferior opponent.

Is probably what the doctor ordered. 

DT Corey Liuget is already out due to a 4 game PED suspension, so it may be a good time.

13 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

It's clear the Bills were hoping they didn't have to do this this soon but they risk the chance of losing the locker room if they put Peterman back out there. The boys clearly like Allen and play hard when he's in there. It'll force everyone to elevate their game.

He's gonna take so many needless sacks because his internal clock is jacked and he'll throw a bunch of picks but throw him out there and let him sink or swim.

I'm not sure I get why McCarron was traded.  He was the veteran to protect the rookie.  You trade him and you are stuck with a rookie and a second year player that had the worst first year of anything in the modern era, what could go wrong?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

If Peterman can survive behind that line, the big guy can too. 

Lol. Normally id agree...but Josh is one of those guys that has no problem taking a hit and usually is around contact. Hes gonna get beat up way more than Peterman would. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No because giving Peterman any more meaningful snaps is a colossal  waste of time.  Allen will have his ups and downs as any Rookie QB will, but it's time to get things moving with his on field development and experience. 

What most Bills fans should know by now is that the opposing defense usually lets up somewhat when a different QB enters the game as they didn't game plan for him. 

Which is why I think the Bills should start Peterman for at least the Chargers and Vikings. Peterman is expendable and it won't matter to kill his confidence by pulling him.

OTOH, you don't want to start Allen and then EJ him by pulling him for Peterman if things go horribly wrong like they did against Cincy. 

If this FO isn't going to fix that offensive line by finding a real NFL center and right guard then I suppose it won't matter who they start. 

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

What most Bills fans should know by now is that the opposing defense usually lets up somewhat when a different QB enters the game as they didn't game plan for him. 

Which is why I think the Bills should start Peterman for at least the Chargers and Vikings. Peterman is expendable and it won't matter to kill his confidence by pulling him.

OTOH, you don't want to start Allen and then EJ him by pulling him for Peterman if things go horribly wrong like they did against Cincy. 

If this FO isn't going to fix that offensive line by finding a real NFL center and right guard then I suppose it won't matter who they start. 

Allen is clearly the more talented QB.  Peterman is no more ready to play than Allen and he certainly does not represent the best chance to win.   You play the best QB plain and simple. The coaches can't be scared to put him out there.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

There is no justifiable reason to start Nathan Peterman at QB ever.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I keep seeing that "The plan was to sit him the whole season" being posted here. If that truly was the plan, that they didnt want Josh to see the field for 10-16 weeks then why would they have traded McCarron. Even if you thought Peterman would be competent, you always have the risk of serious injury. They MUST have felt comfortable enough with Josh being a back-up role. I doubt they anticipated that he would be forced to start by NP being a disaster but they nonetheless the knew him seeing significant time was a very real possibility the second they traded away AJ.

Unless they planned to bring in a vet if NP went down, and in that case they would be doing that now.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

No. Petermans awful performance did. That is all.

Now can we bring in someone else to backup Allen and cut Peterman please? 

Or do we need to keep him around because he is a devout Christian? 

Any player who says "Trust the process" automatically is kept on the team. 

31 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

OMG  could you imagine the mind job it would have been to start Peterson against the team he threw 5 picks against last time ? Jesus he may have set a new record . The team is going nowhere this season. Give the kid his baptism ??

• Thank you (+1) 1