Confirmed: Bills to start rookie QB Josh Allen vs. Chargers

East TX Dan

Just now, Nihilarian said:

Ahh, how soon we all forget that Cincy game in which Allen was under such heavy pressure he went 6 of 12 for only 34 yards and was sacked 5 times. 

I hope Allen sits until Pickerman throws his picks and then Allen comes n.

This doesn't make any sense at all after last Sunday.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Why, because Allen didn't look so bad in relief of Peterman just like Peterman didn't look so bad in relief for the Browns, Bengals? 

No because giving Peterman any more meaningful snaps is a colossal waste of time.  Allen will have his ups and downs as any Rookie QB will, but it's time to get things moving with his on field development and experience. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hope he’s alive by the time The Lambeau trip comes around week 4.  It would really

tarnsih the trip if Sweet nate Pete or davante nuggets were the starting QB that game.  Playing in Minnesota the game before, I expect the Vikings to punish him and probably get called for illegal hits which which keep him from playing the following week ?

I know it was garbage time, but he seemed to maneuver in the pocket WAY better than peterman could. Made the o line not look as bad.

Just now, youngjebrey said:

I know it was garbage time, but he seemed to maneuver in the pocket WAY better than peterman could. Made the o line not look as bad.

He maneuvered well....but he got sacked 5 times.  Some vs backups 

This is smart for many reasons. No matter how bad the team is, fans will continue to watch because they want to see Allen develop.

If he plays well? Win. If he struggles? He's a rookie developing.

Just now, Nihilarian said:

But he has proven that he isn't ready to run that quick strike, fast-paced offense. He proved it against the Bengals.

He might be okay if the Bills went to a run first offense.

No, that is only true if you take preseason for face value. You can't do that. The coaches asked Allen to do what they wanted, which was long developing routes without his LT and while rotating interior linemen. All Allen has proven at this point is that he is a quick learner and already significantly better than Nathan Peterman.

• Like (+1) 1

Hallelujah! I'm not expecting this to solve our woes for the season but let the kid develop. Not that I'm expecting Allen to be the next Peyton Manning but a season like the 1998 Colts where he learned and improved each week en route to a 3-13 record wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Edited by 416BillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2