Redskins' 50-year sellout streak will end this Sunday

18 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Kind of weird after a new QB and a win. 

On a home opener nontheless

Also, I'm not entirely sure I believe it since their PR and FO is poorly run (Bruce Allen vs McCloughan, spilling Cousins' contract details to the public to save face, horribly treating their cheerleaders, etc.)

Edited by JimKellyTryouts

It was only a matter of time. The stadium is in an awkward location.. far from many fans ** and difficult to get to as a Metro rider.

** I don't know about most most people, but when I lived in DC trips between MD and VA were equivalent to trips between Buffalo and Ontario--to be avoided.

PS: MD drivers are nuts

• Like (+1) 1

It's a totally different era now compared to the old days with a packed RFK, eternal sellouts, the hogs sitting in the front row wearing their jewelry, etc.

The new stadium is out in the middle of nowhere in MD and surrounded by huge parking lots, much like our stadium, and the atmosphere in terms of drunken !@#$s is among the worst in the league.

Also a bigger stadium capacity...

It's just different now.

They haven't sold out for several years. Often the stadium has a huge percentage of opponents fans, especially when Eagles, Giants, Cowboys, Packers, Steelers and a few others are in town.  It's only recently that the Skins are lifting the cover on the big myth that every game is a sellout.  They've had season ticket availability and individual games for several years.

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

They haven't sold out for several years. Often the stadium has a huge percentage of opponents fans, especially when Eagles, Giants, Cowboys, Packers, Steelers and a few others are in town.  It's only recently that the Skins are lifting the cover on the big myth that every game is a sellout.  They've had season ticket availability and individual games for several years.

The season ticket thing has gotten bad for them since a story a few years back where they sued an old couple who could not pay that had agreed to I think a 20 year commitment. At that point they had a waiting list but at that point many people decided that season tickets was not worth the risk, along with several other reasons.