Our initial fears of Brian Daboll’s incompetence were not quelled after Week 1

Wayne Arnold

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

That was the point: Not sure even a genius could have done much with the talent and execution on the field last Sunday. Awful comprehension.

The point is Daboll has never proven to be a genius, or successful. Michealangelo pretty much over came the exact same thing you said he couldn't. 

It's nothing about comprehension. Then you saying my post made your point when I said no one will remember Daboll in 20 years, then why are you attempting to poorly make your poor point?

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

The point is Daboll has never proven to be a genius, or successful. Michealangelo pretty much over came the exact same thing you said he couldn't. 

It's nothing about comprehension. Then you saying my post made your point when I said no one will remember Daboll in 20 years, then why are you attempting to poorly make your poor point?

The post was not about Daboll. Why are you always so angry and aggressive in your posts?

On 9/13/2018 at 8:47 AM, ColdFront_USAF said:

That's a fair assessment. For me personally, I'm just reserving judgement for next year. I expect them to put together a competitive roster with all the cap space and draft picks available to them next year. If they can't do that, we'll get to enjoy the head coach/ gm hunt by the end of 2020. This season, I'm just looking for the development of Allen and Edmunds, maybe a few others. I guess we'll see. 

My rational take too. The eagle's view approach. And I agree. But of course, come Sunday, it'll be all about winning NOW, great plays, seeing Allen crush it, foaming at the mouth and all that LOL

1 minute ago, Jerome007 said:

My rational take too. The eagle's view approach. And I agree. But of course, come Sunday, it'll be all about winning NOW, great plays, seeing Allen crush it, foaming at the mouth and all that LOL

Yeah some people just can't turn that gameday guy off.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Yeah that's exactly how I feel. Of course I'm disappointed when we lose, and it's hard to separate my hopes and dreams for this team from the reality that rebuilding tends to suck. I hope Allen progresses this season, learns from the mistakes he will inevitably make, and comes in ready to roll next year with a handful of new lineman and some shiny new weapons for him to play with. 

23 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

23 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Yeah some people just can't turn that gameday guy off.

Very true.

I don't actively root to lose, but if we do lose, I am okay with it and see the upside to it this season.

I also feel that some people can't turn that game day guy off ever, and think that people with me mentality of "if we lose it's actually a positive as long as we lose a lot this season" as being negative.

It's not negative, it's just being realistic and accepting that a team that has been inept for so long isn't a prime destination for free agents, even if they gaveea decent season or two in a row, and the best way to get top flight talent currently is through high draft picks.

Daboll has a lot to prove, and can’t exactly rest on his past successes. He hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt. Josh Allen will make or break his career. Other teams, namely the Eagles, have given a blueprint of how to develop a talent like Allen. While there are differences with Wentz and Allen , the skill set is similar. The passing concepts used with Wentz and even Foles ( especially in the SB) are exactly the sort of thing Daboll should do with Allen. The limitations of Peterman are more than obvious at this point. Fans will have to see what sort of game plan Daboll comes up with for Allen before his skills as an OC can be assessed.

Outside of that one great wr end around the play calling is not very innovative and it looked very predictable.  Also can we get some slants or short outs? Maybe a WR screen? A RB draw?  Why are the wr all run in straight down the field on every passing play?

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DJB said:

Outside of that one great wr end around the play calling is not very innovative and it looked very predictable.  Also can we get some slants or short outs? Maybe a WR screen? A RB draw?  Why are the wr all run in straight down the field on every passing play?

The route tree looks like a telephone pole....

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:39 AM, Wayne Arnold said:

We all wanted to believe that Daboll’s putrid tenure as NFL OC was due to poor personnel.

While watching the game on Sunday I was disappointed by the lack of imagination/creativity and struck by how seldom the receivers were able to get open - which is a strong indication of scheme issues as much as it is (or perhaps more than) wide receiver talent limitation.

Kurt Warner and Doug Farrar have confirmed my fears that Daboll might in fact stink.

Frazier will get corn-holed first, but the rest won't be able to hide their ineptitude... These idiots had one throw-away year (their first year) to tank without any judgement... We would have all happily blamed Whaley and Rex... Now, It's all on McBeandip, an they've got nowhere to go...

On 9/12/2018 at 9:07 AM, BillsRdue said:

or a ladder. 

Well at least he has a high ceiling......

On 9/14/2018 at 8:36 AM, billsfan1959 said:

The post was not about Daboll. Why are you always so angry and aggressive in your posts?

Seems to be rampant here.....it's loss derangement syndrome.??

• Haha (+1) 1

...Daboll incompetence is way over the top IMO this early on......but some of the more astute posters here have identified the complexities of his schemes....similar posts about Castillo's schemes.......on the flip side, Leslie does NOT know how to scheme, draw up a formidable game plan or adjust to counter punch.....may not have the greatest personnel in the world, but Schwartz came in with a scheme in mind and quickly adjusted with positive results.....where the hell is McD on all of this?.....isn't he the Big Dawg in charge?......with plenty of player newness (Shady being the exception), how can complexity be beneficial?...and please do NOT use that dreaded, effin' "P" word......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Daboll incompetence is way over the top IMO this early on......but some of the more astute posters here have identified the complexities of his schemes....similar posts about Castillo's schemes.......on the flip side, Leslie does NOT know how to scheme, draw up a formidable game plan or adjust to counter punch.....may not have the greatest personnel in the world, but Schwartz came in with a scheme in mind and quickly adjusted with positive results.....where the hell is McD on all of this?.....isn't he the Big Dawg in charge?......with plenty of player newness (Shady being the exception), how can complexity be beneficial?...and please do NOT use that dreaded, effin' "P" word......

Yeah I started this thread but I though Daboll called a much better game against the Chargers. Saw far more open receivers and gave Allen opportunities to move the ball and score touchdowns. Unfortunately, having a raw rookie at QB is going to result in frustrating growing pains.

On 9/15/2018 at 10:23 AM, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Kind of quick to jump down Daboll's throat don't yah think. This will be another tough test and without a working run game we were dead ducks against a top defense.

Well Hey Y'all.  No working run game, Watch This

5 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Yeah I started this thread but I though Daboll called a much better game against the Chargers. Saw far more open receivers and gave Allen opportunities to move the ball and score touchdowns. Unfortunately, having a raw rookie at QB is going to result in frustrating growing pains.

He actually did call a good passing game.  There were open receivers Allen didn't see on several plays.

Here's hoping he fixes the run game and Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1