DT Du’Vonta Lampkin Visits

I didn't want to believe it when the national pundits were saying the Bills had the worst QB situation in the league going into the season, but one half of poor Nate Peterman proved that so. I feel bad for him. It's not his fault his coach and GM can't evaluate QBs. 

So, now, with NP having a Three Mile Island-like meltdown, the Bills management, which has demonstrated it cannot evaluate or manage a professional football QB situation . . .

• Exhibit A - Tyrod Taylor last year;
  • Exhibit B - Prematurely trading McCarron this year; and
  • Exhibit C - What we were subjected to on Sunday)

.... is left with no option but to start Josh Allen, ready or not.

As I said, this management group has shown they have no clue how to develop and/or manage a professional football QB room. And that scares me, I fear for Josh Allen. Yes, I do think he is a great candidate for long-term success, but is he ready? If not, this coach and GM may ruin him before he ever has a chance.

That is my fear .... I hope I'm wrong ... but, again, there is nothing they have done with their QBs that past two years that gives me confidence.

Edited by CSBill

7 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

That's great.  Now they need to schedule an OT to visit.

How about an OG or two or even 3?

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

That's the question I'm shocked more people aren't discussing.  Nate may be the nicest guy in the world but he has no business on an NFL field. Not even as a backup. Have any FA QB vets been contacted by Beane? Can Sean still be obsessed with Peterman?  

Do you call "Paxton Lynch" a vet?  He's been in for a workout.

I think McD can still be Peterman obsessed.  At this point, having traded off AJM and having put his judgement on display by naming Peterman the starter, it's going to be hard for him to back away immediately, even after last Sunday's debacle. 

It would be interesting to know if the Ravens had figured out our signals as had been reported the Jets did for the Lions, or if there is some terrific "tell" at the C position that is letting opponents DL get the jump on our snaps.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think McD can still be Peterman obsessed.  At this point, having traded off AJM and having put his judgement on display by naming Peterman the starter, it's going to be hard for him to back away immediately, even after last Sunday's debacle. 

That's exactly what's taking him so long.  I have no doubt McD huddled with Beane and probably the Pegulas on the eve of the season, before trading McCarron and naming Peterman the starter, and convinced them that it was a good move for a variety of reason - Peterman had a solid preseason, Allen wasn't ready, the line was still gelling, the opening schedule is brutal and it would be damaging to Allen's career to put him in so quickly.  Now if he goes back to them to wave the white flag so quickly, he loses face big time.  He needs to pretend he's attending to some kind of deliberative process so that he doesn't look like a total flake.

It's that simple.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Now if he goes back to them to wave the white flag so quickly, he loses face big time.  He needs to pretend he's attending to some kind of deliberative process so that he doesn't look like a total flake.

It's that simple.

I agree with you 100%. However, he screwed up trading AJ McCarron, or not trying to sign a vet like Matt Moore. He had to have known that there was a good chance that Peterman would flop. And now he has no wiggle room and has the potential of losing the locker room, which would likely end his career.  

He almost lost them last year. He cannot take that chance again. 

14 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Tiberius Taptheratrix was my personal favorite of those. 

someone explain the lamp thing to the new guy.

LAMP = Look At My Post

However in this case - at least I assume, I hate to do that but in this case I digress, it is a play on the name - however initially it wasn't taken that way.....

Edited by Kwai San
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

LAMP = Look At My Post

However in this case - at least I assume, I hate to do that but in this case I digress, it is a play on the name - however initially it wasn't taken that way.....

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How is it not? It's his name.

Okay... got it.  I really read it in context as the traditional forum LAMP meaning.

• Like (+1) 1