Unless They Are 110% Sold on Allen, Bills Should Draft Another QB in 2019

BuffaloRush

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So if he plays badly like he did at Wyoming where he lead a crappy team to an 8-6, and 8-5 record?

This thread reminds me of the one you did the other day about Jerry Sullivan not being terrible.

It's almost as if you specifically create threads that are bound to annoy a large chunk of the forum.

There are like 5 guys from his Junior year that play in the NFL. As far as that conference goes, that's a stacked team. It's a fallacy that he had a bad team in college the whole time. Even his senior year they had one of the best drop rates in the NCAA. 

9 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

But if he struggles this year and they have a chance to land the top QB in the draft, I’d say....do it.  2 good young QB’s on any team is a dream.

If Allen's that good, why would you need another good one?

This is silly.

9 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Just because a thought enters your mind, it doesn't necessarily mean it should become a thread...

Fais statement, especially after one game. Let’s just see where we are after the season.  It’s not a stretch to think we will have a lot of needs. QB may indeed be one, but let’s wait a bit on that discussion. 

This is the main reason I feel Josh should be starting.  We're bad as a team.  I get that, but it would be nice to have a year of film to study Allens progression and growth. 

If we feel that he did not progress enough, then draft another. 

We will never be competitive without a QB.

10 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I think that the Bills need to play Josh Allen ASAP because we need to see whether he’s the man or not.  

At the end of 2019, the team really need to evaluate him.  Because if he’s not the man, then the Bills should draft another QB - perhaps even at #1.  

Think about it, the QB makes everyone around them better, especially the OL and WR’s.  A good QB can overcome a bad defense by putting points on the boards - especially when they have the ball last.  

Unless the Bills are 110% that Allen is that guy, they should draft another QB.  Each week, the team basically plays the hot hand.  Then if the 2019 QB is the man and if Allen develops, you have two quality starting QB’s on rookie deals and Allen becomes a very valueable trading piece.  

I think they are sold on Allen and he hasn't given any indications of being an inept QB, quite the opposite actually, that said I highly doubt they are drafting a QB in 2019.

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

It kinda sucks that we could pick top 5 and so far there isn’t a game changing talent.  People keep saying Bosa or Oliver, but I would hate to see us keep spending picks on defense when we have so many holes on offense.  

I hope Allen shows enough to be the guy and there’s a RB or WR that just blows everyone away.  

The bust rate for top 10 WRs is way too high.

Smart_Select_20180912_095714_Chrome.jpg

And we're likely to have the #1 overall pick. Next year's class has elite pass rushing talent so that's what we should draft.

If Allen get hit by a Bus, we should draft another QB. If Allen is Abducted by aliens and never seen again then we should draft a QB. If Allen Plays worse than Jimmy Clausen we should draft another QB. Short of that We shouldnt/

For the record I think the bus scenario is the most likely of those 3. 

13 hours ago, QB Bills said:

They absolutely should. But they won't. The irony of possibly drafting first overall and passing on a QB because you sold the farm to take the third one off the board the year before..

Having said that, Allen could pan out and be better than any qb in 2019. Then again, it's the Bills. 

If we sold the farm for Josh how did we manage to get Edmunds? 

I don't agree with everything in the OP, but I do agree that the Bills should draft another QB next offseason. Best case scenario, Allen is legit and Buffalo now has a starter and no backup. They should take a QB on Day 3 to be the backup at the very least.

13 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They invested heavily to acquire Allen and they are sold on him.

/thread

That's just stupid.  They did the same with EJ, then came along a guy like Wentz.

It's simply idiotic to not try to get the best QB possible even if that means drafting one in the first round in consecutive drafts.  Doug Pederson won the SB with the help of red/yellow/green light real time analytics, something almost all other coaches would not do due to ego.  The ego/coach knows best **** needs to stop IMO.  If you suck this season and you get a chance to draft the best QB in the draft, unless Allen didn't shock the NFL world, you draft that damn QB.

Just now, PeterDude said:

That's just stupid.  They did the same with EJ, then came along a guy like Wentz.

It's simply idiotic to not try to get the best QB possible even if that means drafting one in the first round in consecutive drafts.  Doug Pederson won the SB with the help of red/yellow/green light real time analytics, something almost all other coaches would not do due to ego.  The ego/coach knows best **** needs to stop IMO.  If you suck this season and you get a chance to draft the best QB in the draft, unless Allen didn't shock the NFL world, you draft that damn QB.

Stupid would be drafting another QB with a premium pick in 2019. 

/thread