Jon Gruden says He'll "Look at the Reasons Why" the Raiders Had No Pass Rush ?

26CornerBlitz

9 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

They purged a defensive tackle who was making 13 million dollars a year to not produce on the field and be a complete numb nuts off of it.  He hasn't made the pro bowl since he signed his huge contract, and has less sacks in the last three years combined than he did in his one monster year alone.

They purged a wideout who has averaged 2 catches for 32 yards a game since he left despite everyone in the world lining up to tell me how elite his talent level is.  The chiefs can go ahead and pay 14 million a year for that elite talent.

They purged a cornerback who has twice now been involved in covering up for a guy who can't seem to keep his unwanted hands off women.  I'll take the pick.

People want to look backwards like the Bills were loaded with talent.  Where did it get them? The answer is no where.  The Bills needed a QB and they did everything they could to get in line to bring one in.

Cannot believe we are still bemoaning the loss of defensive tackles, right cornerbacks and wideouts who don't produce.   You don't win super bowls with defensive tackles.  

Taking the pick was stupid, and should not be excused. 

Dareus all of a sudden produced under Marrone...

I did not mention Sammy, although you felt the need to. That says a lot. 

Lastly, I was not arguing it the move was correct or not. I was merely saying that McBeane also purged some of our best (Darbs and Dareus). Is that what you're arguing against? 

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Dareus hadn't looked good in YEARS.

Except for when he played for Marrone... Which he does now. There is an arguement that coaching hadn't looked good in years either, and I firmly beleive he was one of our best players. Let his contract evidence that. Silly.

5 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Taking the pick was stupid, and should not be excused. 

Dareus all of a sudden produced under Marrone...

I did not mention Sammy, although you felt the need to. That says a lot. 

Lastly, I was not arguing it the move was correct or not. I was merely saying that McBeane also purged some of our best (Darbs and Dareus). Is that what you're arguing against? 

Except for when he played for Marrone... Which he does now. There is an arguement that coaching hadn't looked good in years either, and I firmly beleive he was one of our best players. Let his contract evidence that. Silly.

You made a blanket statement about them purging talent, it isnt a stretch to say that narrative would include Sammy.  Although any who uses "the purging talent" narrative is basing their opinion on conjecture and not reality.

I'll agree with you Dareus has all the talent in the world.  But, what I dont agree with is your assertion he has all the sudden played well because he is back with Marrone.  He has 21 tackles and 1, count them 1 sack in the last ten games with Marrone.   For your reference, Adolphus Washington had 22 tackles and a sack in the same time span.  And he is currently looking for a job.    But please go on about how silly I am.     When Dareus is a full time starter is Jacksonville please let me know.  But for now, I think getting a draft pick for a guy with the production of Adolphus Washington and the contract of Geno Atkins was actually a pretty solid move.  Especially considering said guy is a complete mess of a human being. 

Dareus didn't look good because he was playing under Marrone, an offensive-minded HC.  He looked good because he was in a contract year.  And as thenorth has said, he's playing no better than he did in Buffalo and basically just a run-stopper at this point.

7 hours ago, Doc said:

Dareus didn't look good because he was playing under Marrone, an offensive-minded HC.  He looked good because he was in a contract year.  And as thenorth has said, he's playing no better than he did in Buffalo and basically just a run-stopper at this point.

Dareus had 5 tackles in the opener.  That’s an 80 tackle pace for a DT which is pretty good.  The Jags basically shut down Barkley except for one 70 yard run.  You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Dareus is helping the Jags.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dareus had 5 tackles in the opener.  That’s an 80 tackle pace for a DT which is pretty good.  The Jags basically shut down Barkley except for one 70 yard run.  You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Dareus is helping the Jags.

Never said he wasn't helping them.  He's just not on Mack's level because he stopped trying to be great a long time ago.

57 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

You  dont really get the point. Mack is great.  Having a great 20 million plus player means having holes elsewhere. 

No it doesn't. Not when you have a QB on a rookie contract. It subs the money most teams are payong QBs and gives it to him. They are at worst on an even playing field with the other teams

On 9/12/2018 at 2:12 PM, Doc said:

Dareus could have been as good as Mack if he kept playing like he did in 2014.  He didn't come close, after getting the huge contract.  That's why he hasn't even made a Pro Bowl and they shipped him out when they had a chance.

Dareus was a 2x pro bowler for us and 1x all pro 

On 9/13/2018 at 6:05 PM, matter2003 said:

No it doesn't. Not when you have a QB on a rookie contract. It subs the money most teams are payong QBs and gives it to him. They are at worst on an even playing field with the other teams

Yes, and Oakland does not have a QB under a rookie contract the next several years.  That is why the determined Mack does not make sense to them. 

On 9/12/2018 at 10:25 AM, Skins Malone said:

Never been a fan of Gruden anyway.  I remember when Bills fans were screaming for him to come here.  Dont get me wrong i like him as a person...you can tell he loves the game...but eventually its time to hang it up for good.  Idk why i guy like him would want to even do it.  He had a cushy job making tons of money with no pressure and no stress.  

I think Gruden will just mail it in and steal Mark Davis’s money, kinda like Rex did with the Bills.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/12/2018 at 7:56 AM, JPP said:

Exactly!  The guy is that good that he can easily do this.....its a shame the bears let this game go off the rails after an excellent 1st half......

On 9/12/2018 at 7:49 AM, JPP said:

Mack is a beast and proved that in his 1st game in a Bears uni in under 48 hrs to prepare??  Yeah stopping Aaron flippin Rogers is as difficult as you get for any defensive player especially when he came back out on the field in this game.....superman himself probably couldnt stop him.....

Mack is the only player that has ever reminded me of LT in the way he just dominates. It's fun to watch him play.

• Like (+1) 1