Tennis Officials Get No Love.

Keukasmallies

57 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The problem with that cartoon is that it depicts the other player as a blonde white woman, when she was actually Asian.

?

I guess the artist just couldn't help himself.

The caricature is suppose to center around her.  Caricatures aren't usually pretty, especially when somebody is showing lack of character.  The focus is suppose to exaggerate Serena and sugar coat the other side.

She is a beast of a female, very manly... Not much You can do here... That's what she looks like exaggerated.

54 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The caricature is suppose to center around her.  Caricatures aren't usually pretty, especially when somebody is showing lack of character.  The focus is suppose to exaggerate Serena and sugar coat the other side.

She is a beast of a female, very manly... Not much You can do here... That's what she looks like exaggerated.

I totally agree.

I just don't get why the other player is a blonde white chick. 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I totally agree.

Because it's a commentary on Williams' career long lack of class and sportsmanship, not just about this one event.   The color, gender, etc. of the background characters is completely immaterial to the point of the cartoon.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Because it's a commentary on Williams' career long lack of class and sportsmanship, not just about this one event.   The color, gender, etc. of the background characters is completely immaterial to the point of the cartoon.

He put the cartoon out to specifically portray this event. He drew Serena in the exact same outfit and hair style.

Seems weird that he would do that, but disregard the other participants in the event, creating his own image of them instead.

Could be a subconscious thing, but the artist apparently has a history...

John McEnroe and Andre Agassi were celebrated by berating tennis officials.  Andy Roddick said he's said worse to an official and wasn't given a penalty.  I think she has a point that she wouldn't have been penalized if she was a guy.

There is an art form to complaining to the refs in sports. The best know how to effectively use it, and know that there is a line that they may cross for which they will be ejected.

Serena simply lost it when it was obvious she was outmatched, and went into a coarse means of conflict and whining. 

The winner had her moment stolen by a self-aggrandizing temper tantrum which went on for hours.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

John McEnroe and Andre Agassi were celebrated by berating tennis officials.  Andy Roddick said he's said worse to an official and wasn't given a penalty.  I think she has a point that she wouldn't have been penalized if she was a guy.

Thst is such a load of crap. Men are warned and penalized all the time in tennis, wouldn’t be a match without Kyrgios going through the cycle of warnings. And so what if Nastase was a jerk, does that mean someone else should ruin the match when they are getting their ass kicked ?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I totally agree.

I heard, that it was a cartoon related to Serena's freak was against a Australian lady who looked like that. I heard that in the internet and decided I didn't care enough to verify it.

It’s fair to say she took on a lot entering the tournament, all things considered, and blew  up when she realized she was going to lose the match.

And a bunch of self-important people really wanted her to win and she didn’t and they can’t take it and won’t let it go

this happens in other areas of life as well....

• Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

He put the cartoon out to specifically portray this event. He drew Serena in the exact same outfit and hair style.

Seems weird that he would do that, but disregard the other participants in the event, creating his own image of them instead.

Could be a subconscious thing, but the artist apparently has a history...

Because tennis is a white elitist game?  It exaggerates the other side too... Which is what a cariacture is suppose to do.

See what I am saying.  He's NOT flattering the judge, the opponent.  He's mocking that too. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Do you watch much tennis?

42 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Do you watch much tennis?

You don’t have to WATCH it to give opinions... that’s the beauty of the internet.... 

djokovic got into it with the ump over serve timing in the semis and finals and took warning and a point to make his point

15 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I cant stand Serena Williams.

She is nothing but a huge baby and a sore loser.

She knew she was going to lose and began to have a melt down and throw a fit like a toddler.

The opinion of 95 percent of fans and common sense people

Thank goodness for those women who step up and beat her bad. Nothing better than one half her size with a bazzoka of a one handed backhand for her only major.

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 3

I'm amazed at how much support she has gotten even though any time they show the clips, it's nothing but her yelling.  The problem is that most people were biased by hearing the word "sexist" before the story itself was actually presented.  Just about every story is presented that way now.  We get the opinion piece before we get the story itself.

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I cant stand Serena Williams.

She is nothing but a huge baby and a sore loser.

She knew she was going to lose and began to have a melt down and throw a fit like a toddler.

Tennis is full of great players with the exact same temperament.   What the Internet buzz has been about is that women who yell and scream are treated differently than men who do the same.    It's a fair point.    The problem is, the men shouldn't be allowed to get away with it, either...

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Tennis is full of great players with the exact same temperament.   What the Internet buzz has been about is that women who yell and scream are treated differently than men who do the same.    It's a fair point.    The problem is, the men shouldn't be allowed to get away with it, either...

Then men should compete against women in singles games.

Everything is a give and take.  Can't make it all equal.

If you want to make it all equal, eliminate double standards... Then make it ALL equal.

You'd see Serena with all guys in the top 50.

Can't have your cake and eat it to.  So what, women are held to higher standard.  It makes up for it in other areas.

Put Serena in with the men!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

26 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'm amazed at how much support she has gotten even though any time they show the clips, it's nothing but her yelling.  The problem is that most people were biased by hearing the word "sexist" before the story itself was actually presented.  Just about every story is presented that way now.  We get the opinion piece before we get the story itself.

smashing your racket is a very high sign of contempt and losing your marbles out there, a Cantona-like karate-kick on a fan would be a higher form of losing your marbles

you are watching how life and viewpoints operate in 2018 North America and are surprised at the "usual suspects" knee-jerk jumping to her side?

21 minutes ago, Lurker said:

What other Women's champion ever came within a million miles of this kind of childish behaviour?

I can't think of any, one's point is made with a glare or a few outbursts that get you a second level warning, then you grow up and play or you quit and take your lumps

sorry sweetie, you have to finish off your opponent in tennis to win, you weren't the best that day, suck it up buttercup

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I can't find the link I saw the stat at, but I believe it said the total tally of penalties for men at the US Open was around double the amount received by the women.

I also don't know one person who thinks Kyrgios isn't an ass.

10 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I can't find the link I saw the stat at, but I believe it said the total tally of penalties for men at the US Open was around double the amount received by the women.

I also don't know one person who thinks Kyrgios isn't an ass.

men get triple the "yellow cards and techincals" of women, they are more aggressive and take it out UP TO A POINT and then go back to play

Kyrgios sure is and he's my favourite to watch

it was better back in the day when Connors and McEnroe would square off and when one was having a fit the other would go up to the net and goad the hothead with fun curses

when you are told WARNING!!  then POINT!!!!! you better get your **** together because GAME !!! is next...

9 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

After seeing her handle that racket there is no way on earth I'd want a happy ending from her.     

it's hard to smash a racket that effectively with a single blow

• Haha (+1) 1