Nobody should be doubting Beane or McDermott

SoCoBills

Just watched the press conferences  of Fraz and Debol, I can believe the were at the same game I watched Sunday. But with that said This Sundays game at home should be a marked improvement from last week . If not, then I might have to  join the negative part of these post. Home game, west coast team, we should rock. 

Anytime you get multiple blowouts over 17 games, you better worry and it's only natural to have a few doubts. Sunday's loss wasn't just a loss, it was a complete and utter disaster on every front. The worst ever opening day in out 59 year history and second worst loss ever is not a hill I want to die on stating nobody should have doubts. So for now, I'm staying the course, but several more of these and you're going to have more doubts than you know what to do with. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoCoBills said:

It’s eye opening to discover exactly how important the big guys along the inside of your OL are when you don’t have any good ones isn’t it?

Agree! Yet they cut deBeer today.

Granted deBeer was a project, but he was a project at a highly sought position. deBeer's agent tweeted that there is allot of interest in OL developmental prospects and that deBeer will land on his feet. 

lolz.. he'll be the next Jason Peters.

3 hours ago, DougFlutie7 said:

Wrong, everyone should be doubting them. Stop pretending their God’s gift to football. Stop for one second and realize this roster is a dumpster fire. 

Williams had a plan

Mularkey had a plan

Buddy Nix had a plan

Dick Jaruron had a plan

Chan Gailey had a plan

Tom Donahoe had a plan

Doug Marrone had a plan

Doug Whaley had a plan

Rex had a plan

And now these guys have a plan.

I started out with these guys off the band wagon until I saw reason to get on.  I did last year.  Another start by Nasty Nate and I'm back off til I see reason to get back on.

I thought we had found guys that didn't need to gut the team in order to get all new guys in order to get close to .500 when they get fired in 2 to 3 years.

It's a results business.  Show me some results this year.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Williams had a plan

Mularkey had a plan

Buddy Nix had a plan

Dick Jaruron had a plan

Chan Gailey had a plan

Tom Donahoe had a plan

Doug Marrone had a plan

Doug Whaley had a plan

Rex had a plan

And now these guys have a plan.

I started out with these guys off the band wagon until I saw reason to get on.  I did last year.  Another start by Nasty Nate and I'm back off til I see reason to get back on.

I thought we had found guys that didn't need to gut the team in order to get all new guys in order to get close to .500 when they get fired in 2 to 3 years.

It's a results business.  Show me some results this year.

Disgusting list of guys with plans in this response. I for the record didn’t hold much belief in any of them.

18 minutes ago, yungmack said:

A dead cap situation they contributed to mightly.

Better dead cap clearing soon than dead weight with the team for years to come. 

12 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

While I'm not to the point to demand to "stick my fingers in both their palms nail holes",

I must admit some of the luster has worn off. 

Same. I agree we are seeing some guys learning and making mistakes but the overall plan I do understand. Get younger, draft elite talent where you can get it. Build a culture. Don’t overpay for low effort players. That said some mistakes have been made and signees aren’t working out how we’d have hoped. Sometimes though that’s what you get when you bargain shop. 

Edited by SoCoBills

they entered the season with the worst o line in the league and the worst receiving crew in the league.  They spent 25 million in cap on Free agents and didn't address either.  They drafted what they hope is the qb of the future and gave him zero to work with.   Yeah i trust them.  I trust them will both be out of the league in two years

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

they entered the season with the worst o line in the league and the worst receiving crew in the league.  They spent 25 million in cap on Free agents and didn't address either.  They drafted what they hope is the qb of the future and gave him zero to work with.   Yeah i trust them.  I trust them will both be out of the league in two years

That is simply untrue.  They brought in a C and T in free agency and a WR in Kerley.  Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they did not address the issue.  

1 minute ago, fridge said:

We’ve been blown out in 4 games under McDermott. Nearly a quarter of the time his team gets just demolished right off the field. 24% of his games. I am rooting for them as much as anyone, but let’s not pretend this game was a one-off.

It is concerning

Just now, baskingridgebillsfan said:

If they do waste this season to get even better draft capital next year, then they better either make the playoffs in 2019 or get VERY close or their seats will be getting very hot if they still have seats that is.

5 hours ago, SoCoBills said:

These guys have a plan.

Was the plan to get a franchise QB, trade away the seasoned, accomplished veteran who could have mentored him and have his reps split three ways in practice with two guys who have no future in this league? If so, McD nailed it, stuck the landing, 10.0 from the Russian judge. 

I want to trust the process but I can't pretend that this is looking good or build an argument subtle enough to delude me in to thinking this is all good.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DougFlutie7 said:

Wrong, everyone should be doubting them. Stop pretending their God’s gift to football. Stop for one second and realize this roster is a dumpster fire. 

It’s a dumpster fire for a reason. Everybody thought we were tanking last year and when it finally happens people act all surprised. If Brandon Beane ends up picking the qb mlb, and defense tackle for the next 15 years it could be the best draft in bills history and you are ready to already fire him. Also add in the fact that he may have been giving us help last year on the dl to get white and Dawkins two players Carolina supposedly liked you could have a QB, left tackle, shut down corner, MLB, and DT in two years. That would be a huge success. Give this guy until the end of 2019 where he gets a chance to add more veteran talent and a bunch of top tier draft talent. Or you could just keep whining all year up to you. 

31 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Was the plan to get a franchise QB, trade away the seasoned, accomplished veteran who could have mentored him and have his reps split three ways in practice with two guys who have no future in this league? If so, McD nailed it, stuck the landing, 10.0 from the Russian judge. 

I want to trust the process but I can't pretend that this is looking good or build an argument subtle enough to delude me in to thinking this is all good.

Having try hard tailor or paying a boat load of money for Sam Bradford to mentor Allen would have been just as big of a waste IMO. Let the kid play for !@#$s sake. We are married to Allen for better or worse for the next 3 to 4 years.