Patriots Sign and Cut WR Corey Coleman - Now Signed to NYG 53 Man Roster

26CornerBlitz

Corey Coleman is definitely NOT a Bill B. kind of WR.

Don't see that working out well, but what do they have to lose?

Why not give him a shot, even if it's a long one.

4 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

When do Patriots play Cleavland?

You really don't know how to spell Cleveland?

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Corey Coleman is definitely NOT a Bill B. kind of WR.

Don't see that working out well, but what do they have to lose?

Why not give him a shot, even if it's a long one.

You really don't know how to spell Cleveland?

Haha. Oops

53 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Then why did the Bills trade for him?   I mean, really, what did they do to vet this kid?? 

All they had to do is watch Hard Knocks to know he was likely to get cut!  Everyone who saw that show could see this coming.  Couldn't Chris Brown reach out to his media contacts in Cleveland to ask what was up with this kid in camp?  How hard would that have been? 

Anyway, AJ Green got a 10 on the wonderlic.  Moulds an 11.  Kelvin Benjamin got a &!!  (paging Dr. Brown!) So what?

Reggie Ragland got a 10 on the wonderlic...did Brown tweet out about how dumb Reggie is after the Bills let him go?

This is unprecedented behavior by a team's PR department regarding a player cut simply because he wasn't good enough.  Brown was told to tweet that to make the Coleman debacle seem like a totally unpredictable F-up.  It would never had been tweeted had Coleman not been picked up by another team in the division.

The best part is that Brown concludes that COleman won't do well in  that "demanding environment"....as though he has done better in low demand places like Cleveland and Buffalo...

They said he wasn't just mentally impaired, but also a dick.  That would explain things.

And why do you care?  Because the Cheaters picked him up?

12 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

they are devoid of talent and the position they cut a player with upside and kept a bunch of average dine a dozen wide outs .   

Maybe he doesn't have upside?  Sure he's got potential, but as Parcells used to say...

9 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Well he wasn't able to learn our playbook, so at least he can't tell them that inside info ?

Notes on Bills plays from Corey Coleman, smuggled out of OBD:

- "I don't know what they call it, but it seems to be some kind of Sack-INT Option. The QB is in the shotgun, he gets the ball, he stumbles around a little, then he decides whether to step up right into the rush to take the sack or to wing it wildly downfield to take the INT."

- "The KB 13 Jog/Stand Post-Up"  Kelvin Benjamin listlessly jogs about 12 yards downfield and just stops. I thought there was something I should be doing at the same time, but they told me there wasn't."

- "The Vlad the Impaled" - The QB is in shotgun. He hands the ball to McCoy, and the left guard kind of pulls but then falls down in front of McCoy. It think it's supposed to be some kind of block, but I'm not sure.

- "That's really all I saw there."

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Doc said:

They said he wasn't just mentally impaired, but also a dick.  That would explain things.

And why do you care?  Because the Cheaters picked him up?

No one really "cares".  Just pointing out the silliness and pettiness of the tweet.

Benjamin seems like he's both of those too; when do they cut him?

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

No one really "cares".  Just pointing out the silliness and pettiness of the tweet.

Benjamin seems like he's both of those too; when do they cut him?

Yeah and it seemed to you that Shady was involved in his ex's assault.  We all know how that went...

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is very interesting to me.  Chris Brown never gives his real thoughts on anything - this tweet may as well be a press release from the Bills.

I 100% agree with the decision to cut him, but someone at OBD must have felt the need to do some damage control to have Brown go out and say this.  Giving up a seventh round pick for someone that you're paying to play for a divisional opponent is a pretty bad look for Beane both from the perspective of fans as well as his peers in the league.

The question is, who sent Brown out to tweet this?  Beane or McDermott?  Or someone on the Pegula Sports and Entertainment side?  For the sake of the franchise, I hope it's the later... Beane and McDermott have a hell of a lot more important things to worry about than PR damage control at this point.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, GG said:

Brown just outed Coleman as being developmentally disabled or a moron. 

Or a guy trying to protect his employers for making another stupid decision.

That tweet by him was low class. Chris Brown knows how he learns from two weeks of watching 15 minutes of practice. That short, bald, condescending... I'll stop their.

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Maybe he doesn't have upside?  Sure he's got potential, but as Parcells used to say...

And they don't even have potential on the roster. I'm not sure if taking up the side of how this regime has treated the WRs is the right one, unless you're on some samurai or kamikaze ****.

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Did Chris Brown tweet that Gillislee had a learning disability?

It's totally embarrassing. I think it reflects the combination of arrogance and sudden fear they face.

It's really an awful tweet and completely uncalled for. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How would he offer any such take without the benefit of seeing him up close and personal in camp with multiple interactions with the coaching staff on the field?   You are trying way too hard as per your norm. 

I usually agree with you... but the he's not a visual learner and won't work out is an odd thing. He should have just said nothing. Only insecurity would lead someone to point out why it won't work. If you think it won't work out, you have no reason to worry.

This team is a disgrace at this point. Burying guys on their way out for no reason. They're really not likable, I felt this way last year, and now they're doubling down on it. I don't know who'd want to sign or be drafted by these guys. Because if it doesn't work out here, you're not going to get a wish him the best, you'll get a character assassination.