Patriots Sign and Cut WR Corey Coleman - Now Signed to NYG 53 Man Roster

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Bills traded for this guy---after the Browns didn't want him.  Then they cut him.  Then NE picked him up on the Bills dime.  And The Bills are mocking the pickup by NE??  Now they suddenly realize he "is not a visual learner"?  It's pretty lame spin for a series of bad decisions by HC/GM.

The Browns and the Patriots are laughing at the Bills over this.

It's not a mocking, it's an explanation of some of the reasoning why he was waived by the Bills as well as a projection that he won't last in NE given the rigors of what they demand in their offense.  It's a perfectly reasonable take irrespective of your affinity for the Patriots. 

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

It's part of their playbook.  Anyone we cut, no matter the reason, is signed and pumped for any information that they can provide.  They're not the Cheatriots for nothing!

For some strange reason I don't think the pats think they have to sign that guy to get some kind of edge...

...I don't think the pats think about the bills at all.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Gilmore is WORSE? I won’t lie his first four games he SUCKED! But since then he has been lights out and was probably the only bright spot on D during the SB last year for the Patriots. Sorry Gilmore is actually BETTER than he was in Buffalo as is Hogan. The difference for Hogan is he isn’t the top or second choice he is usually 3 or 4th down the list.

No they aren’t. Gilmore was brutal for 4 games and a Pro Bowl CB the year before. He certainly played better as the year went along but he absolutely has been worse.

Hogan is the exact same. He’s playing with Brady now. He was always a guy that was a good athlete and could make some big plays.  The only difference is that he makes more big plays in a better offense. He doesn’t make more plays though.

He has ALWAYS been a 3rd or 4th choice. He was the 4th receiver here too behind Watkins, Woods and Goodwin. You are trying to make a point that just isn’t based on fact. A giant part of the reason his YPR in Buffalo was less than now because both Watkins and Goodwin were better big play receivers. He didn’t see as many deep balls then as he does now.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's not a mocking, it's an explanation of some of the reasoning why he was waived by the Bills as well as a projection that he won't last in NE given the rigors of what they demand in their offense.  It's a perfectly reasonable take irrespective of your affinity for the Patriots. 

Nice try.

What was "Chris Brown"s take when the Bills traded for him only a few weeks ago?  Did he mention what he is now describing as some sort of learning disability?

And how often does the Bills PR department make a public statement bad mouthing a cut player like this?  Give me all of the other examples you can recall...

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Nice try.

What was "Chris Brown"s take when the Bills traded for him only a few weeks ago?  Did he mention what he is now describing as some sort of learning disability?

And how often does the Bills PR department make a public statement bad mouthing a cut player like this?  Give me all of the other examples you can recall...

How would he offer any such take without the benefit of seeing him up close and personal in camp with multiple interactions with the coaching staff on the field?   You are trying way too hard as per your norm. 

I don't think it's crazy to assume that part of this signing is the Putin strategy of sewing (additional) dysfunction in a rival's front office.  BB knows that the Pegulas are relative simpletons who will turn the screws on their inexperienced GM for shelling out $3.5M for a two-week tryout, only to cut bait and let the division rivals pick him up.  BB loves beating the Bills over the head with their own, old shoe.  I'm convinced that the Gilleslee signing was palatable to BB because he knew that, even if TD Mike didn't work out for the Pats' offense, he was thwarting the Bills' plans.

The Coleman experiment is an embarrassment for Beane who is in over his head and has not shown that he has any real strategy or understanding of how to build a roster or manage his bosses' money.  Those bosses surely have noticed by now.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Patriots Signing WRs Corey Coleman and Bennie Fowler
7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How would he offer any such take without the benefit of seeing him up close and personal in camp with multiple interactions with the coaching staff on the field?   You are trying way too hard as per your norm. 

So your saying the Bills didn't vet him at all.. Didn't wonder why the Browns, of all teams, would want to get rid of a former 1st round pick?  Didn't watch film of his previous games?  They were totally surprised by what they saw in camp...

Anyway, I'm still wating for another list of former Bills the the teeam went out of their way to throw shade at after letting them go.

This isn't hard to figure out why they would say these things. They are embarrassed.  It's a worst case scenario for this decision:  they gave up a pick and cut the guy and are paying him to play for another team in the division.

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Essentially yes.  Will be interesting to see how well he can absorb the intricacies of the Patriots' offense that has befuddled many a WR . 

How is that so?  My understanding is that when a team trades a player who received a signing bonus on their last contract (as Cleveland traded Coleman to Buffalo) the originating team is still liable for the bonus.  The new team is only liable for the salary portion, which was not guaranteed.  When he was waived, that would have wiped the slate clean for Buffalo.  Coleman gets a new contract with New England.

12 hours ago, TigerJ said:

How is that so?  My understanding is that when a team trades a player who received a signing bonus on their last contract (as Cleveland traded Coleman to Buffalo) the originating team is still liable for the bonus.  The new team is only liable for the salary portion, which was not guaranteed.  When he was waived, that would have wiped the slate clean for Buffalo.  Coleman gets a new contract with New England.

Incorrect.  The Bills traded for his contract that came with guaranteed salary from his rookie deal and the Bills are still on the hook since no team claimed him from waivers. 

Contract Information from Spotrac: Corey Coleman

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

42 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Gilmore is WORSE? I won’t lie his first four games he SUCKED! But since then he has been lights out and was probably the only bright spot on D during the SB last year for the Patriots. Sorry Gilmore is actually BETTER than he was in Buffalo as is Hogan. The difference for Hogan is he isn’t the top or second choice he is usually 3 or 4th down the list.

Hogan is the same as he was in Buffalo.  With a far better QB, mind you. 

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Bills traded for this guy---after the Browns didn't want him.  Then they cut him.  Then NE picked him up on the Bills dime.  And The Bills are mocking the pickup by NE??  Now they suddenly realize he "is not a visual learner"?  It's pretty lame spin for a series of bad decisions by HC/GM.

The Browns and the Patriots are laughing at the Bills over this.

We felt bad about Gillislee.