Bills vs. Ravens All-22 Coaches Film Reviews

26CornerBlitz

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well they still weren't good.  I only saw about 10-12 plays in the All 22 but there were plays to be made that we missed.  It was execution.

You have to capitalize when you have the opportunities....especially when you don't have many.

This game was mostly on Peterman IMO.

Which is why so much is derived from the QB on how a game goes. Lesser QB's have outperformed talent because of moving the offense and capitalizing in some fashion on those opportunities. This game was a team effort in collapsing but the majority of the blame starts with NP.

What has become a theme is that any time with the Bills McD's offense is non-existent, if the defense is not perfect the game is over fast and typically a blow out. That is the sole reason why Taylor leaving hurts, he didn't turn the ball over. He didn't do a lot of other things but at least things were safe. The Bills as currently constructed cannot lose the TO battle and have any hope of winning the game. They just don't have enough right now.

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 1

The all 22 was not as bad as the game looked in live action, still the Oline is a mess and we shot ourselves in the foot plenty of times. I really hope they will get rid of Castillo and bring in some new OLINE 2 Guards and a Center or a Guard and Center.  This team needs to play with a nasty attitude, to hell with that good boy Superman image. We need that grimmey do what it takes to win games Batman menatlity.

Edited by BBills88

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Peterman left plays on the field.  The offensive line wasn't very good but they gave him time to throw more than we thought.

Bad decisions with the football.

Jeremy White stated he saw that separation stat for week 1 and our WR's actually got pretty good separation in this game.  

Sal stated and I agree after watching that Peterman predetermined where he is throwing the ball before the snap based on what he sees and then does it regardless of what the coverage ends up being.

That might work well in the preseason whee what you see is what you get when they are being vanilla, but that doesn't work so well when coverages are being disguised and players are moving around right before the snap of the ball to different spots on the field.

Just now, matter2003 said:

Sal stated and I agree after watching that Peterman predetermined where he is throwing the ball before the snap based on what he sees and then does it regardless of what the coverage ends up being.

That might work well in the preseason whee what you see is what you get when they are being vanilla, but that doesn't work so well when coverages are being disguised and players are moving around right before the snap of the ball to different spots on the field.

Yep...I absolutely agree with this too.  If things don't play out how he thought it would, he is lost.  It's disappointing because going through progressions was supposed to be his strength, especially since he came from a pro style offense.  The concerns were he get too aggressive fitting balls in (we've seen that) and his lack of arm strength.  But now, everything is a concern.

Peterman's development is no further along than Allen's.  Allen's natural gifts will result in a handful of big plays.  With Allen's arm and athletic ability Buffalo needs to use Dimarco and go to 1 and 2 Wr sets.  Kahri Lee I would activate and use on first and second down to assist the run game.  They have the ability to spread out Clay, Croom and Thomas.  Try to get the defense to over commit and to the run, use tempo and spread them out.  If they go small pack it in and run the ball.  I believe they have the personal, it would play into a young QBs favor.  Easy reads max pass pro.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Peterman's development is no further along than Allen's.  Allen's natural gifts will result in a handful of big plays.  With Allen's arm and athletic ability Buffalo needs to use Dimarco and go to 1 and 2 Wr sets.  Kahri Lee I would activate and use on first and second down to assist the run game.  They have the ability to spread out Clay, Croom and Thomas.  Try to get the defense to over commit and to the run, use tempo and spread them out.  If they go small pack it in and run the ball.  I believe they have the personal, it would play into a young QBs favor.  Easy reads max pass pro.

You are sort of describing Big Ben's first year offense.  Makes sense to me.

18 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Sunday in BAL showed exactly that with still no poise, pocket presence, or ability to manipulate coverage and make accurate throws with timing and anticipation despite the mirage of preseason. 

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Only preseason with no rush.

Game is too big and fast for him. 

His pocket poise is nonexistent.  

Arm isnt good enough.

im sure he’s a great locker room guy though. Maybe he can be the QB coach. 

what pocket ?

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It was a hot LZ for sure but even when clean he was incompetent. Time to kill this experiment of the 5th round trick shot artist. 

Even the last regime was smart enough not to start Alex Tanney 

I agree he was having a rough outing, and as the day went worse he seemed flummoxed. Likely why they pulled him.

But if you are going to drop your guys into a hot LZ you better get up some protection and hunker down, after knocking out the incoming for a couple.

If Bills had made a couple plays early on ?

Ravens would not have teed off.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

The lack of effort there from Benjamin -- just wow.

It remains a concern. or maybe he is that stiff? Or maybe he is not smart enough to protect a ball he cannot pull in. Wrs also have to defend the ball in the air at times.

I have not been a fan of KB is is supposedly healthy this year. This game reinforced my dislike.

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I agree he was having a rough outing, and as the day went worse he seemed flummoxed. Likely why they pulled him.

But if you are going to drop your guys into a hot LZ you better get up some protection and hunker down, after knocking out the incoming for a couple.

If Bills had made a couple plays early on ?

Ravens would not have teed off.

It remains a concern. or maybe he is that stiff? Or maybe he is not smart enough to protect a ball he cannot pull in. Wrs also have to defend the ball in the air at times.

I have not been a fan of KB is is supposedly healthy this year. This game reinforced my dislike.

I've been saying this for a year -- Benjamin runs a 4.8 on a good day and a 4.9 on a regular day. He is not good. Plus he's not bright.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I've been saying this for a year -- Benjamin runs a 4.8 on a good day and a 4.9 on a regular day. He is not good. Plus he's not bright.

I do hate to go there. But does not seem like a mensa candidate.

he would be a great red zone target if he had decent hands and could catch though

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I do hate to go there. But does not seem like a mensa candidate.

he would be a great red zone target if he had decent hands and could catch though

Benjamin got a 7 on the Wonderlic. That is not a misprint. You have to TRY to get a score that poor -- filling in answers randomly will generally get you a better score.

• Like (+1) 1