Bills vs. Ravens All-22 Coaches Film Reviews

26CornerBlitz

19 minutes ago, NextYear'sTheOne said:

Ryan Groy is bad. I thought he was far better than he's playing because I remember him filling in admirably for Eric when he broke his leg. But after watching his performance Sunday and vs the Bengals it is obvious: he is bad. He's on his belly/back far more than one would hope/expect. 

Which means Bodine must be just as bad if not worse if you still start Groy after performances like this. 

While I'm on the subject of bad... K.B. Dear god bud. I don't feel as though I need to elaborate as most of us have watched him "play" recently.  

Groy has been disappointing.  I was seeing him being pushed back in preseason and now in week 1.  I’m not an OLine guru but he was making it look obvious he was overmatched.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Groy has been disappointing.  I was seeing him being pushed back in preseason and now in week 1.  I’m not an OLine guru but he was making it look obvious he was overmatched.

Looks like the OL will catch a break with DT Corey Liuget suspended and Joey Bosa likely out with the foot issue.

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

In the Bengals game, when they moved Groy to right guard and brought in Bodine, we actually had good pass protection for a couple plays. They went away from it after that series in the second quarter. I think the Bills should look at that again. Groy might be more suited to a guard style of play where always he has to worry about is the player he is blocking, not hiking the ball and then locating his target. 

2 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I said it in the other thread and have said it before. NP's problem is post snap reads. He diagnoses the defense pre snap and then is just bad at post snap adjustments. He left plays on the field because he doesn't diagnose the play after the snap. He stares down his 1st reads too, some good examples from Cover 1.

The staring down is something most qb's carry over from college and either lose it quickly in the NFL or they're done playing.   Allen is already pretty good at looking off.     In fact, I can't think of one aspect of Josh's game where he isn't already ahead of Peterman.    Possibly in presnap reads and alignments but that's not translating to post snap stuff/results so the decision on who to start is automatically made for McD.  

2 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I said it in the other thread and have said it before. NP's problem is post snap reads. He diagnoses the defense pre snap and then is just bad at post snap adjustments. He left plays on the field because he doesn't diagnose the play after the snap. He stares down his 1st reads too, some good examples from Cover 1.

Correct.  He doesn't even TRY to diagnose the play post-snap - it's like it doesn't matter to him what the defense is doing AT ALL.  He decides pre-snap where to throw it and throws it, regardless of whatever else is going on.  It's maddening and I don't understand how the coaches still don't see this - some of us noticed it last year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

Hm. So maybe the hysteria over the ol and wr is unwarranted? Interesting!

That's possible. We did see a few examples of our Wide Receivers getting separation.

The O-Line still had a bad game. They could not open holes for the run game. Still, these problems can be fixed.

1 hour ago, NextYear'sTheOne said:

Ryan Groy is bad. I thought he was far better than he's playing because I remember him filling in admirably for Eric when he broke his leg. But after watching his performance Sunday and vs the Bengals it is obvious: he is bad. He's on his belly/back far more than one would hope/expect. 

Which means Bodine must be just as bad if not worse if you still start Groy after performances like this. 

While I'm on the subject of bad... K.B. Dear god bud. I don't feel as though I need to elaborate as most of us have watched him "play" recently.  

Groy was awful. Should we consider moving him to Guard? Because he can't cut it at Center.

I like Kelvin Benjamin, but there were two dropped passes he had that he should have caught. Especially if he wants a big contract.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Correct.  He doesn't even TRY to diagnose the play post-snap - it's like it doesn't matter to him what the defense is doing AT ALL.  He decides pre-snap where to throw it and throws it, regardless of whatever else is going on.  It's maddening and I don't understand how the coaches still don't see this - some of us noticed it last year.

The second INT proved that point.  Our vantage point was behind the play, and we immediately screamed when he let the ball go.  You can make an argument that KB should have shielded better, but the pass should never have been thrown in the first place.  The CB never looked at Benjamin.  His eyes are always on Peterman

• Like (+1) 2