Your phone rings, it's Terry Pegula....

pi2000

5 hours ago, ganesh said:

Hire Beane and McDermott back!!!  There is nothing wrong with them.  They are good GM and HCs that you cannot find out in the market.  The Bills have tried several along the way with poor results.

That was my first thought too. I won't go so far as saying there is nothing wrong with them, but they get at least through this season to prove themselves and unless this season is an abject failure they get next year too.  

Starting over from scratch every time theirs' a bump in the road (sinkhole in this case) will get us nowhere.

This is one of the dumbest threads I've ever seen.  One bad loss on the road in bad conditions after ending a 17-year playoff drought and they're letting the HC and GM go?  That's gold, Jerrry, GOLD!

Edited by Doc

Hello Mr P.  my first official move as GM was to hire Shawn & Bean back because this constant changing of personal in such a short time does no one any good but one change i did make be for hiring them back was to fire the O line coach & told Shawn to hire his replacement !!

Thank you sir but i respectfully have to disagree with your decision at this time !! 

17 hours ago, pi2000 said:

....Beane and McDermott have been let go and you're named GM.  

What's your first move?

ask Terry if I could hire my own coach and do I have more than 2 years to turn things around. And then to send Kim over later.

Find Levi Brown and get him the heck up here!

17 hours ago, pi2000 said:

....Beane and McDermott have been let go and you're named GM.  

What's your first move?

Actually now I think about it, my first move would be to take OJ Simpson down off the wall.

Before I even got my parking space, my employee ID, found out where the bathroom is, anything. I would get the crew going on taking that down.

• Like (+1) 1

Trade Lesean McCoy for maximum value to take into next season, with the second most amount of cap space and 9 draft picks already waiting for us, a third for Shady would get it done. 

22 hours ago, simpleman said:

I would not take the job without a huge 3 year fully guaranteed salary.

The team has been so gutted and devoid of talent that it is a total lost cause this year. There are maybe 5 NFL quality players on the roster who are not in their final years of playing. Kyle, McCoy, Lorax, Clay, Hauschka and Hughes are on the wrong side of 30 and are near the end of their careers.

I only see Hyde and Poyer with a possible couple of prime years left in their tanks. Tre is the only bright young star on the team. Allen, Edmonds, Croom and Teller may develop into NFL starters someday, or they may flame out or fizzle like Miller. Murphy may finally come into his own, but is starting so late he would only shine brightly a year or two, even if he does.

Character does NOT win games in the NFL, talented players with drive do. Quality FAs are expensive and historically hard to motivate once they get their golden payday. Tons of cap won’t last long, and can’t possibly fill all the holes. Draft picks after the 3rd round will not guarantee you success or starters. Of course, even first round picks are almost a 50/50 gamble. There are way too many holes to fill in even 2 good drafts.

McBeane’s gigantic egos and their nebulous “process” have so decimated the team of talent that it will take years to build a firm foundation of a winning team. On a team that already was weakened by trying to satisfy Rex’s super ego. Getting all your “own guys” and using older Carolina castoffs does not win championships. Rather than building a system that fits the talent they had, or getting coaches to motivate the talent they had and building up around the foundation they had, they just drastically bulldozed everything they already had, and built idols in their own images. What a huge mess someone will inherit.

What are any of the guys the cut loose doing??? 

Last time I checked, not one of them were being mentioned anywhere by any sports media outlets if any kind.

This team had no talent outside of a limited few. 

The only way to build a successful long term winner in the NFL is to hit the Jackpot with a franchise Qb, then have a stellar "process" aquiring and developing players through the draft, with FA only bringing in that one or two big time player to push you over the edge. 

That is the only real winning formula in the NFL, and it can be seen by watching the likes of the Steelers, Patriots, Packers, etc.