Why is DiMarco on the team?

Dadonkadonk

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

We knew our OL was going to take a beating after the departure of Incognito, Wood and Glenn.  The problem was that we did not address it in FA (with all that dead cap money) and went with our last years backups as the starters.  The Pre-season showed that those guys (Ducasse, Miller, Groy) are not ready to become starters.  This team cannot fix everything in one season.  They chose to fix the defense this year by drafting Edmunds, Phillip and signing Lotulelei.   Hopefully they will address the OL next year.   The problem is one never gets a good starting OL in FA.  They are simply a rare breed.

"Not ready to become starters?"  Seriously???   Ducasse has been in the league for 9 years and sucked all those years.  Bodine has been in the league for 5 years and sucked all those years, despite being the starter in Cinci.  He couldn't even beat out career backup, Ryan Groy.    Marshall Newhouse has been in the league for 8 years and sucked all those years. 

As for "fixing the defense", I might agree if the defense had bothered to show up on Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well he didn’t play last game because you don’t run the ball much down by 40.

This. And special teams. And like mentioned in the OP, use him plus double TE sets at times! Daboll really left everyone to dry, not just the players IMO. It's only one game but let's just say it was the worst outcome except for injuries.

I also think they should use a lot of double RB sets! Ivory and Murphy do make DiMarco's FB position a little useless... if that ever happens. Does he catch balls well? If so, again, use him. When the Oline and WRs are your weak point, stop using them so much as if there were no other formations than a 3-4 WR set!

Edited by Jerome007
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

This. And special teams. And like mentioned in the OP, use him plus double TE sets at times! Daboll really left everyone to dry, not just the players IMO. It's only one game but let's just say it was the worst outcome except for injuries.

I also think they should use a lot of double RB sets! Ivory and Murphy do make DiMarco's FB position a little useless... if that ever happens. Does he catch balls well? If so, again, use him. When the Oline and WRs are your weak point, stop using them so much as if there were no other formations than a 3-4 WR set!

To the bolded....yes, yes and yes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2018 at 11:47 PM, Dadonkadonk said:

He was rarely used yesterday.  He is not very good.  One would think with this O-line a double TE, two back set with a FB would be a good idea. Instead they ran out of the shotgun three WR most of the time.  I just see no need for a FB in the modern NFL. Lee, Croom, or Murphy can do everything DiMarco can.  Waste of a roster spot that could be better used for a third QB, a 6th WR, or another defender.  

4 plays on Sunday vs GB. 4. Waste of a spot is right.

Could have kept Kerley or O'Leary, among others.

• Like (+1) 1

There are a lot of fans that want to tar and feather him for some reason. I just don't see why.

Pretty much all the players on the team like him and think he is a good player. He's one of the leaders.