How long will it take?

DKBills25

8 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I agree the roster is a disaster.  Money means something.  When you pay less in current player salaries than any other team in NFL, you ought to expect the worst roster.

I wonder why some are calling for a new HC when (1) McD ended the drought, and (2) he's being handicapped with a crap roster this season.  

Honestly the Bills made an enormous mistake by not gutting the roster a year ago. If we'd got rid of all the dead weight then and wound up with a top 5 pick instead of a playoff birth we'd have been able to get Josh Allen (I assume he was their guy even if they had the #1 overall pick), the Chiefs first, and all those other 2nd and 3rd round picks we'd acquired. 

Instead, by making the playoffs, we wound up with two late first rounders and traded away all our picks for two trade ups in the draft and instead of walking away with a sizable draft class of 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders, all we got was Allen, Edmunds and Phillips.

Making the playoffs and ending the drought was nice, but it delayed the rebuild by a year or more by putting us in a spot where we had to ship picks away to move up for the players we want to build around and I think that will prove to be a huge mistake in the grand scheme of things. 

10 hours ago, offyourocker said:

It will take several years.  Don’t see this regime making it through.  The Jets seem way ahed of us and they have a 100 mil in cap space next year.  

Yeah, Beane fell asleep while counting all his draft capital, the Jets move up to #3 will ultimately cost him his job.

10 hours ago, offyourocker said:

It will take several years.  Don’t see this regime making it through.  The Jets seem way ahed of us and they have a 100 mil in cap space next year.  

And how long has their HC been in place ? It has taken them some time to get where they are !!

How long will it take? I'm 57 years old now. I'm hoping to live until I'm 85, so............Hang on, I need to get a piece of paper and a pencil............................................................By my calculations, it's likely going to take 34 years. 

10 hours ago, COTC said:

So many holes. We really need a new coach and gm. 

This looks like another start of a very long playoff drought because of a overzealous gm who need “their” players. 

This is what happens when insecurity replaces judgement in turning over a roster. 

You can't continually change coaches & GM's & expect any thing good to come of it that's exactly what has happened & was the biggest reason for the 17 yr play off drought ! 

What is it that they say ? The explanation of insanity is to continue to do the same thing over & over but expect a different result ? I know that's not exactly the way it is put .

It's the first game of the season we lost 3 starting members of the O line & have maybe 3 average WR's with a bunch of rookies & a new offensive coordinator all good things come with more time than 1 game for goodness sake !!

CHILL !! 

16 hours ago, offyourocker said:

Well no sht, they should be. The jets started their rebuild last season,  we still competed last year, they didnt. The only time i see your point of view is in developing their rookie QB and giving him a competent line to play behind. Darnold is ahead of Allen as of now. Allen has a higher celing so that verdict wont be in for another 2 years when theyve both had time to start in the NFL.

12 hours ago, benderbender said:

Just watch. I have a sinking feeling that’s exactly what will happen.

Peterman, to this coaching staff, is the girlfriend that everyone knows is bad for you, but you just tell people “you just don’t know her like I do.”  

I woukdnt even be mad at that. I really dont need Joey Bosa taking out JA in his 1st nfl start.