McBeane gave Peterman his shot....

realtruelove

11 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

your most consistent QB all through training camp and preseason

and the most inconsistent when put in to a meaningful game.

at this point I don't even have the belief he can be a viable back up. the kid had his chance and the best job for him is as a teller at M&T bank.

why make yourself look foolish? you really can't be that obsessed with him, can you? 

Edited by no name
  • Like (+1) 1

In a time when role models in sports are hard to come by and good character is sometimes forgotten, it’s nice to see an athlete like a Nathan Peterman on our football team.  He is humble, soft spoken, professional and generally very likeable.  He also demonstrated a strong work ethic and dedication to the Bills.

With that being said, I feel very bad about his NFL career.  On paper it seemed like a Hollywood script.  A 5th round draft pick that is an all-around good guy, gets his shot starting thanks in part to his coach’s unwavering confidence.  After a disaterous football debut in San Diego, he uses this bad experience as motivation and tirelessly works hard at improving.  His hard work pays off, and he gets a second chance to redeem himself and..... he failed almost as bad!?!?!?!?!

This just doesn’t seem right.  Call me crazy but this kid deserved better.  From what I have read Nate is one of the first players to arrive at OBD sand one of the last to leave practice.  I personally witnessed him signing autographs for EVERYONE who approached him at St. John Fisher, while about 90% of the coaches and players were already in the locker room.  

I think that starting Josh Allen was the right move by Coach McDermott.  He had no choice.  I only wish that the story was different for Peterman.  He seems like a very good guy and hopefully we’ll get that Hollywood ending....just at a later time.  

10 minutes ago, no name said:

and the most inconsistent when put in to a meaningful game.

at this point I don't even have the belief he can be a viable back up. the kid had his chance and the best job for him is as a teller at M&T bank.

why make yourself look foolish? you really can't be that obsessed with him, can you? 

Some people have legitimate blind spots for people.  

Peterman seems like a good guy who I wish things would have worked out better.  Just like Tim Tebow is a good guy who the Broncos probably wish it would have worked out better than it did.  Supposedly things happen for a reason, so hopefully better times are ahead for Nate...NFL or not.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

In a time when role models in sports are hard to come by and good character is sometimes forgotten, it’s nice to see an athlete like a Nathan Peterman on our football team.  He is humble, soft spoken, professional and generally very likeable.  He also demonstrated a strong work ethic and dedication to the Bills.

With that being said, I feel very bad about his NFL career.  On paper it seemed like a Hollywood script.  A 5th round draft pick that is an all-around good guy, gets his shot starting thanks in part to his coach’s unwavering confidence.  After a disaterous football debut in San Diego, he uses this bad experience as motivation and tirelessly works hard at improving.  His hard work pays off, and he gets a second chance to redeem himself and..... he failed almost as bad!?!?!?!?!

This just doesn’t seem right.  Call me crazy but this kid deserved better.  From what I have read Nate is one of the first players to arrive at OBD sand one of the last to leave practice.  I personally witnessed him signing autographs for EVERYONE who approached him at St. John Fisher, while about 90% of the coaches and players were already in the locker room.  

I think that starting Josh Allen was the right move by Coach McDermott.  He had no choice.  I only wish that the story was different for Peterman.  He seems like a very good guy and hopefully we’ll get that Hollywood ending....just at a later time.  

Yes, I feel bad for him, but many people don't get what they "deserve", both good and bad.

Having a strong work ethic and dedication don't make one a good pro football player. 

Someone said if you're 6'4" you have to prove you can play basketball.  if you're 6'11 you get to prove you can't. 

Similar thing applies to top vs 5th round draft picks.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Who had a better chance, Nasty Nate or Cardale Jones?  And Cardale was even drafted higher.

Nasty Nate had a much better chance than most non first round rookie QBs get.  and he screwed the pooch much worse. 

He should never play another down for the Bills.  I wouldn't even trust him on  kneel down.

Edited by reddogblitz

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

feel bad for a man playing a kids game? seriously? did he lose his big girl panties or something?

role models are everywhere if you look close enough. it is just that asshats are everywhere these days and they obscure the positive. the time for looking for external saviours should have passed long ago, unfortunately it has not.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/10/2018 at 8:16 PM, gr8billsfan said:

im surprised anyone on the starting OL earned their job. Aside from Groy and Dawkins, everyone else must go. ESPECIALLY DucASSe

Miller and Ducasse have zero ability to anchor. Watching them get pushed into Peterman and then Allen was absolutely disgusting.

43 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Now Nathan Peterman didn't light things up obviously and the replacing of Peterman with Josh Allen before game's end was understandable.

That is the understatement of the week

If anything should have been realized this whole off-season, it is that Nathan Peterman is very much a rhythm passer.

Where was the rhythm?

A good QB shouldn't need rely on being in rhythm.  Need to be able to work through frequent disruptions which any good D will throw at you

The offense was dead and Peterman again failed to play well enough before a national audience, who remember him for his debacle against the San Diego Chargers a season ago, still the move to replace him feels like one that didn't have to be made...not this soon. 

I did start a thread where I asked if Peterman got pulled too early .  Most posters though felt that the notion was absurd =)

How about drumming up an NFL-level game plan to go along with NFL-level playcalling, with Peterman under center, Week 2 at home, versus the San Diego Chargers for a potentially different and positive outcome?

And yes...I still believe Peterman can lead an offense with the right supporting cast. ?

So we just need to build the right team for Peterman to become Brees?

14 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

I did start a thread where I asked if Peterman got pulled too early .  Most posters though felt that the notion was absurd ?

Nasty Nate was pulled at the right time.  He was starting to fall in to old habits of ducking and chucking.  If he were allowed to stay in he would have thrown a couple of more of those.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

He glad-handed his way into the lineup. 

Such a sweet boy.

11 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

He's had a tough start to his career. It's not over. Especially considering both starts were on the road vs good defense and the Bills offense lacked weapons. 

Totally agree that his career is still very early. Selfishly I hope he doesn’t get another shot as a starter for the Bills. I’d rather see this Sunday by the first of a long Allen Era. 

On 9/10/2018 at 8:05 PM, realtruelove said:

Because he "earned it"  My guess is McBeane already had Josh's backup on his radar and this game 1 audition was Peterman's last chance to prove he could play under "live" fire.  They intended for Allen to start very early in the season when they traded McCarron.  Watch them sign Paxton Lynch.

...so in your view, where was McD in the decision making process?...just curious.............

20 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Totally agree that his career is still very early. Selfishly I hope he doesn’t get another shot as a starter for the Bills. I’d rather see this Sunday by the first of a long Allen Era. 

I suspect his career is just about over.  In the late stages.