McBeane gave Peterman his shot....

realtruelove

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I suspect his career is just about over.  In the late stages.

If true he doesn’t have anything to be ashamed of. He got a shot to play on the biggest stage. While the outcome has been less than stellar, it’s quite the accomplishment. More than millions of us can ever say. 

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

If true he doesn’t have anything to be ashamed of. He got a shot to play on the biggest stage. While the outcome has been less than stellar, it’s quite the accomplishment. More than millions of us can ever say. 

Agreed. He got more than most of us get.

I've had to give up several dreams in my life that I worked really hard for. But life goes on.  I hope he saved his money.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so in your view, where was McD in the decision making process?...just curious.............

He knew that Allen was his future starter and he needed to find out if Peterman could handle live bullets and be a capable back-up moving forward.  It was a pass/fail test.  

Last year, the Bills gave a rookie quarterback his first career start against the Chargers defense and cornerback Casey Hayward wasn’t happy.

“This week? Really?” he told the Los Angeles Times. “Changing to a rookie quarterback for his first start? Against us? I’m pretty sure we might’ve felt a little disrespected.”

Well, the Bills have done it for the second year in a row. They will trot out No. 7 overall pick Josh Allen on Sunday at 10 a.m. PT. Here’s how the Chargers (0-1) and the Bills (0-1) match up.

THE LAST TIME THEY PLAYED

The Chargers defense intercepted Nathan Peterman five times en route to a 54-24 victory at the StubHub Center. The Chargers scored first on a 58-yard Korey Toomer pick-six and Keenan Allen hauled in 12 passes for 159 yards and two touchdowns.

Hayward collected two of the interceptions and, to the Times, surmised the performance like this: “We took advantage of the disrespect.”

Peterman was their pick and they gave him the opportunities.  Last year in SD, he showed he wasn't a prime time player; but he worked hard during the off season, played well during camp and the pre season and they didn't want to rush out Allen.  Last Sunday Peterman showed off season and pre season do not equate to a real game when you do not have "it" to begin with.  He is a great young man and he hopefully he will make a good back up.  And for those who bemoan Tyrods' departure, look to last Sunday.  Cleveland's' D palyed a solid game, and Tyrod couldn't get the job done, throwing a pick at a critical time.  Allen is a big kid with a big arm.  If he can get through 2018 fairly unscathed then we have something to look forward to in 2019!

Troy Aikman

Drafted: No. 1 overall by the Dallas Cowboysin 1989.

First start: Loss (28-0) to the Saints in Week 1 of 1989; 17 of 35 (48.6 percent) for 180 yards, zero touchdowns, two interceptions, two sacks and a passer rating of 40.2.

John Elway

Drafted: No. 1 overall by the Baltimore Coltsin 1983 (traded to Denver Broncos).

First start: Win (14-10) over the Steelers in Week 1 of 1983; 1 of 8 (12.5 percent) for 14 yards, zero touchdowns, one interception, four sacks and a passer rating of 0.

Alex Smith

Drafted: No. 1 overall by the San Francisco 49ers in 2005.

First start: Loss (28-3) to the Colts in Week 5 of 2005; 9 of 23 (39.1 percent) for 74 yards, zero touchdowns, four interceptions, five sacks and a passer rating of 8.5.

Fran Tarkenton 

Drafted: No. 29 overall (third round) by the Minnesota Vikings in 1961.

First start: Loss (21-7) to the Cowboys in Week 2 of 1961; 8 of 24 (33.3 percent) for 117 yards, zero touchdowns, two interceptions, three sacks and a passer rating of 15.5.

Now in now way am I saying Peterman is on the level of anyone on this list, but the list proves a point.   Young Qbs usually always SUCK, even the ones that turn out great and end up in the hall of fame. 

What bothers me is vicious people are over a dude who plays on our team, who's young an inexperienced as hell, yet after 10 quarters of football you experts have decided he doesn't belong. 

The hypocrisy is ridiculous.  Allen will fail.  He will fail because this team is in full on rebuild mode whether anyone at OBD admits it or not.  There is no talent on the Oline, no real talent at the We positions, and nothing that even resembles a legitimate receiving TE.   On top of it we are on the second OC in two years, and the one we have now is a reject. 

Peterman has definitely made mistakes, but to cast away and demoralize a guy after 1 year and 10 quarters of NFL football, with one of the shittiest supporting casts in the league, and facing the most elite Ds in the NFL ON THE ROAD in his very short time in there, is in one word....retarded.   

It's he the next Joe Montana?   The second coming of Drew Brees?  Most likely not, but that doesn't mean he won't improve and end up as a solid number 2, or a career journeyman starter.

5 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Troy Aikman

First start: Loss (28-0) to the Saints in Week 1 of 1989; 17 of 35 (48.6 percent) for 180 yards, zero touchdowns, two interceptions, two sacks and a passer rating of 40.2.

John Elway

Drafted: No. 1 overall by the Baltimore Coltsin 1983 (traded to Denver Broncos).

First start: Win (14-10) over the Steelers in Week 1 of 1983; 1 of 8 (12.5 percent) for 14 yards, zero touchdowns, one interception, four sacks and a passer rating of 0.

Alex Smith

First start: Loss (28-3) to the Colts in Week 5 of 2005; 9 of 23 (39.1 percent) for 74 yards, zero touchdowns, four interceptions, five sacks and a passer rating of 8.5.

Fran Tarkenton 

First start: Loss (21-7) to the Cowboys in Week 2 of 1961; 8 of 24 (33.3 percent) for 117 yards, zero touchdowns, two interceptions, three sacks and a passer rating of 15.5.

Now in now way am I saying Peterman is on the level of anyone on this list, but the list proves a point.   Young Qbs usually always SUCK, even the ones that turn out great and end up in the hall of fame. 

What bothers me is vicious people are over a dude who plays on our team, who's young an inexperienced as hell, yet after 10 quarters of football you experts have decided he doesn't belong. 

The hypocrisy is ridiculous.  Allen will fail.  He will fail because this team is in full on rebuild mode whether anyone at OBD admits it or not.  There is no talent on the Oline, no real talent at the We positions, and nothing that even resembles a legitimate receiving TE.   On top of it we are on the second OC in two years, and the one we have now is a reject. 

Peterman has definitely made mistakes, but to cast away and demoralize a guy after 1 year and 10 quarters of NFL football, with one of the shittiest supporting casts in the league, and facing the most elite Ds in the NFL ON THE ROAD in his very short time in there, is in one word....retarded.   

It's he the next Joe Montana?   The second coming of Drew Brees?  Most likely not, but that doesn't mean he won't improve and end up as a solid number 2, or a career journeyman starter.

Your mention of all time greats wheo were #1 overall picks in the draft as a way to justify hope in Peterman is what's ridiculous and rather sad. 

6 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Troy Aikman

John Elway

Alex Smith

Fran Tarkenton 

Spoken like a true apologist .  Nice work .

You do realize that the reason those QBs you cited were given a lot of slack was because they were regarded as top talents as evidenced by higher draft positions ?  

Peterman was taken in the 5th round because he had been evaluated to be a limited QB .  Lots of other limited QBs drafted in his position never even get a chance to start before they are cut from a team to never come back to NFL .   So please stop with the words lamenting  how poorly Peterman was treated .

• Like (+1) 2

Lol, and there we have it.   Somehow it's OK for one guy to completely suck the same way another guy does, but we pretend he will get better because of his draft status?   LMAO!   

That is exactly the hypocrisy I'm talking about. 

Draft status is merely an indicator of potential, its not a guarantee of anything. 

First rounders bust all the time.   Go ask Losman, Manuel, or any other first round failure. 

The bottom line is 4 games, 10 quarters, and a little over 1 season is not enough to evaluate anything.  If you believe it is, when Allen completely ***** the bed over the next 10 quarters of football, I'll be sure to return here talking about how he should be cut, and thrown out of the NFL.

3 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Lol, and there we have it.   Somehow it's OK for one guy to completely suck the same way another guy does, but we pretend he will get better because of his draft status?   LMAO!   

Draft status is merely an indicator of potential, its not a guarantee of anything. 

First rounders bust all the time.   Go ask Losman, Manuel, or any other first round failure. 

The bottom line is 4 games, 10 quarters, and a little over 1 season is not enough to evaluate anything.  If you believe it is, when Allen completely ***** the bed over the next 10 quarters of football, I'll be sure to return here talking about how he should be cut, and thrown out of the NFL.

Because of legitimate NFL talent vs. marginal talent. This isn't that hard.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Top draft picks get more leeway because they are talented and have high potential coming into the NFL.

Let's use an opposite example:

Tom Brady.

Brady was a 6th round nobody backup who nobody, including the Pats, thought anything of.

His starter went down, and he had quite a good run of it immediately.

Benefited from great coaching and great front office who built around him.

Maximized his strengths (smart decisions, not making bad throws) minimized his weaknesses.

Let's think though, what if he hadn't??

What if he was all time bad (which Nate is just that, all time bad, the worst first 3 NFL starts in the last like 20+ years)

Bledsoe would have immediately been reinserted into the lineup, and Brady would be out of a job.

Np wasn't given a raw deal.

He sucks, and his strengths don't translate into the NFL.

Unlike Brady, he makes very poor decisions.

He's getting the right treatment, the bench.

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Because of legitimate NFL talent vs. marginal talent. This isn't that hard.

Exactly.

Rarely marginal talent performs, most times it doesn't.

When marginal talent does perform, it almost always does so early on, and you can see the strengths, even during the bad times.

I legit see no cohesive strengths with Peterman after watching.

I've seen enough.

Actually, his biggest strength, quick decision making, hurts him since those decisions are also linked with his biggest negative: poor decision making.

I can make quick decisions too if I throw it to the wrong place every time.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Troy Aikman

John Elway

Alex Smith

Fran Tarkenton 

This would be a great argument if McD bench Josh Allen, a number 1 pick after his first start since he is a first round pick and the future of the franchise. Comparing those QB's to a 5th round pick after not 1 but 2 historically bad starts is crazy. 

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

Hi Mrs. Peterman

• Haha (+1) 2