McBeane gave Peterman his shot....

realtruelove

The only time Peterman looked like a competitive player was the blizzard game against the Colts.

Now, why is that? Well first off no one would confuse the Colts defense with the 85 Bears. Second and more important, with all the snow on the ground it slowed the defenders down which in turn slowed the whole pace of play down. 

I like Peterman as a person. I think the game just moves way too fast at the NFL level for him to process. No shame in that. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

To keep things in perspective, Petermans 4 games in the NFL have been played against the best defenses in the league, (Ravens, Chargers, Jaguars) the other was in Blizzard, (Colts)  with the latest in a monsoon. 

People need to give the kid some slack. 

The only reason Allen is the starter this week is because if it's going to look as bad as it was last week, it might as well be chalked up to learning experience for your rookie franchise Qb. 

Maybe we can drop the Ravens from the best D list, after last night's game?.

3 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

To keep things in perspective, Petermans 4 games in the NFL have been played against the best defenses in the league, (Ravens, Chargers, Jaguars) the other was in Blizzard, (Colts)  with the latest in a monsoon. 

The only reason Allen is the starter this week is because if it's going to look as bad as it was last week, it might as well be chalked up to learning experience for your rookie franchise Qb. 

No slack needs to be given. Hes been the worst QB Ive seen on the Bills in over 35yrs. 

• Like (+1) 1

The reason why Peterman won the job was because he looked good in the preseason & by the looks of the Bills secondary last week it's no wonder he looked good that should say something ! 

All that said they still should have kept AJ just incase something like this happened & they didn't want to throw Josh in right away it would have given him at least 2 weeks to see how things go in game speed ! 

• Like (+1) 1

Peterman NFL Scouting Report

Strengths:  Is scared of his own shadow when playing.  Has no confidence at all.  Panics like Beeker from the muppets at the slightest sight of pressure, but also holds the ball too long and gets sacked.  Throws a weak, inconsistent, slow, almost sad looking ball.  Throws interceptions every five or six throws.  Is awful.  Makes teammates much worse than they would otherwise be, even on really crap teams.  Makes fans sad about things even outside of football.  Has a stupid pouty face.  Is literally the worst statistical QB in the modern era of the NFL.  Reversing his completions and interceptions in his first start would actually improve his numbers.  Threw an incomplete pass in his third start that actually improved his QB Rating.  The most unnatural jankass QB alive.  Is to NFL offensive success what Hitler was to European peace in the mid 20th century.

Weaknesses:  The above listed strengths actually overstate Peterman's value as a quarterback.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

It rained yes, but it was not a monsoon. There were several times where the rain let up completely.

Also, if the Ravens are one of the best I assume they must have played the best QB in the world last night.

Peterman is just bad.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

He was not ready to play in the NFL.  His coaches may have ruined his career by playing him too early.  He needs to increase his arm strength before he’s ready for more than anything other than a #3 QB role.  I like McDermott but his Peterman decisions will haunt him for awhile.  

No. 

You don't ruin QB's they either have it or they don't.

Peterman doesnt have it, he overthrew a wide open crossing route last Sunday. It was nowhere near the WR and was intercepted. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Every defense is good. People are expected to make plays no matter the conditions, defense ect.

Nate didnt just fail. He was all time bad. Twice. To the untrained eye he didnt look like he belonged on the field.

I have absolutely nothing against NP. By all accounts hes a great dude. Hes not a NFL QB. Doesnt make him a bad person, just a very common tale of late drafted NFL QBs

• Like (+1) 1

The list of "cons" seems fairly accurate to me.

The list of "pros" is wildly off-base, at least if used as a description to describe his games with Buffalo.

I doubt he's morphed into a different person; I question the validity of this report.

Even if Nate gets a chance w/ another club, ,,and goes 11-12, 120 yds and 2 TDs in every pre-season game he plays in,..  his credibility is shot.  He's the punchline to every joke about bad quarterback play.. for example ,  "Well, (any QB) was bad, but he didn't pull a Peterman!"

Maybe the optics wouldn't be good if the Bills started Peterman in Week 1 and released him in Week 2. But couldn't he clear waivers and be placed on the practice squad? It would seem like Allen would benefit much more from a Chad Henne, Matt Moore, Derek Anderson, etc. veteran backup, much like the Darnold-McCown situation.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

The list of "cons" seems fairly accurate to me.

The list of "pros" is wildly off-base, at least if used as a description to describe his games with Buffalo.

I doubt he's morphed into a different person; I question the validity of this report.

Not that he morphed into a different person, it's just that the speed of the NFL game he can't handle. 

I think all "pros" on Peterman's scouting report were accurate...until he stepped on an NFL field.  He was a 3rd-5th round prospect last year.  He wouldn't have been a prospect at all if he was that bad of a college player.

• Like (+1) 1

Quarterbacks don't improve at quarterbacking from "learning on the sidelines behind a veteran QB."

That's just crap fans talk about.

They learn by doing.

As an side, I agree Peterman should be let go.  This organization should be done with him permanently at this point.

And don't hold your breath waiting for someone to pick him up off waivers.  No one will.