Kyle Williams and Sean McDermott Monday WGR Segments

26CornerBlitz

9-10: Kyle Williams with Schopp & the Bulldog (16:27)

#Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams joins Schopp & the Bulldog now for his regular Monday appearance!

Williams - Have to go through and try and correct the mistakes. Have to learn and get better because of it.

Williams - A guy like Tremaine, Taron, Harrison is letting them know that every detail is important. That way you can do your job in a clean, fast way.

Williams - Anytime Coach McDermott is critical, he's critical in our meetings. He may be close to the vest in interviews, but he's critical with us.

Williams - We need to get turnovers. We need to provide our offense a second opportunity, a third opportunity.

Williams - Things can snowball. You have a good series or two, but then they come down and score.

Williams - The worst thing you can ever do at golf is get good and raise your expectations.

Williams: "We have to go through and try to correct the mistakes"

Longtime Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams joined Schopp & the Bulldog Monday afternoon as part of installment number one of the 2018 version of Buffalo Bills Football Monday.

Williams, entering his 13th season with Buffalo, is replacing the spot previously held by retired center Eric Wood.

9-10: Sean McDermott with Schopp & the Bulldog (13:40)

McDermott on the QB situation - Ultimately I'll be the one making the decision.

McDermott - Nate got the start, couldn't move the offense as well as we would've liked. Josh came in and did do some good things.

McDermott - Always looking to improve our process. Our roster of what we inherited versus what we have now, we've come a long way. Still work to do for where we're trying to get to.

McDermott on Peterman - The thing that jumps out is he's a young player still. He's going to continue to learn & grow. What part was his versus what part were the other guys. That's not an easy place to play, or easy defense.

McDermott - Overall you can't give up those points and win a football. Tremaine early in the game could've done a better job, but as the game went on he flashed. Started to look comfortable. Forced that fumble.

McDermott: "You cannot give up those points and win a football game"

Just an hour after his scheduled Monday press conference with the Buffalo media, Bills head coach Sean McDermott joined Schopp & the Bulldog. They discussed everything from Week 1 to the ongoing quarterback carousel, as well as the state of the defense following the team's 47-3 loss at the hands of the Baltimore Ravens.

• Like (+1) 1

Williams - Anytime Coach McDermott is critical, he's critical in our meetings. He may be close to the vest in interviews, but he's critical with us.

Exactly. Some don’t seem to get this. 

McDermott gains nothing by pubically throwing his players under the bus.

But just because he doesn’t openly criticize his players to the media doesn’t mean he isn’t doing it behind closed doors. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

McDermott on Peterman - The thing that jumps out is he's a young player still. He's going to continue to learn & grow. What part was his versus what part were the other guys. That's not an easy place to play, or easy defense.

I agree. Nate will grow with experience. 

But it what I have trouble with is, why go through a throw away season struggling to overcome Nate’s rookie growing pains only to most likely have to do it all over again next year with Josh Allen? 

Now if Josh shows that he is sinking, and just truly isn’t ready to be on the field, I get it. I don’t want to ruin him. But otherwise, if Josh looks capable and this is going to be a throw away season anyway, might as well have him starting so he can hit the ground running next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

McDermott - Always looking to improve our process. Our roster of what we inherited versus what we have now, we've come a long way. Still work to do for where we're trying to get to.

That they have. Did they follow up on that statement or just let that slide? We've lost of a lot of guys that could really help us...the most damaging weren't really decisions and were on the Oline but the WR group is suffering by choice...as is the Dline. LBs always sucked and I guess they did ok w/ the secondary (hard to tell w/ no rush but even there we are missing a #2 CB)...QB is worse but so it goes nobody holds that against them. 

So is that the truth then? We just say "hey...it's ok we deliberately the WR group and Dline go from not good to trash....and the Oline deterioration wasn't our fault...and everybody was sick of Tyrod anyway and the LBs were always trash." That's basically where we are at. The "whatever" approach to roster building. 

Edited by dayman
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Exactly. Some don’t seem to get this. 

McDermott gains nothing by pubically throwing his players under the bus.

But just because he doesn’t openly criticize his players to the media doesn’t mean he isn’t doing it behind closed doors. 

Is there no middle ground between saying absolutely nothing and "throwing his players under the bus?"

3 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Is there no middle ground between saying absolutely nothing and "throwing his players under the bus?"

The modern NFL is an entertainment product. NFL followers are owed some honest insight weekly from coaches and players...it's why they are required to do interviews. To say nothing may work for Bill in NE but he's earned that...the rest should give us something (and btw nobody is more entertaining while saying nothing than Bill...maybe Marshawn but Bill is def. #2). Hell, if they give us trash on the field at least give us some gold in the presser. 

Edited by dayman

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

There is no telling if Nate will grow with experience.

The sales industry takes a lot of experience and can be an ugly business. Trust me I know. Maybe he has what it takes, maybe he doesn't. 

I don’t know that he will ever be even a backup caliber QB, but I still think he will grow from experience as most people do... that’s all I meant. 

6 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I am sure there is. 

I havw no no issue with McD’s pressers though. I think it’s smart not to give up any info to the press. Other NFL teams try to exploit any possible advantage they can find, so if McD is guarded to the press, then so be it. I’d rather have a coach handle the press like McD than one who handled it like Rex did. But that’s just my preference. I understand why a lot of people loved Rex’s press conferences. He could definitely be entertaining. 

4 minutes ago, dayman said:

The modern NFL is an entertainment product. NFL followers are owed some honest insight weekly from coaches and players...it's why they are required to do interviews. To say nothing may work for Bill in NE but he's earned that...the rest should give us something (and btw nobody is more entertaining while saying nothing than Bill...maybe Marshawn but Bill is def. #2). Hell, if they give us trash on the field at least give us some gold in the presser. 

I keep seeing people saying this, but Belichick has pretty much always been that way with the press. 

When he was the head coach in Cleveland, he was tight lipped too, and he surely hadn’t earned it at that point. 

Belichick has never believed in sharing any unnecessary information with the media. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Best Player Available said:

This coach is living in a effing  bubble

This is looking more real and is a huge concern for me.  It could explain him seemingly losing this team.  Peterman should not see the field again as a starter and I can't respect coaches who refuse to see that.

Williams: "[Yesterday] was a tale of two halves"

Buffalo Bills Football Monday has rolled around for the second time this season, and as per usual veteran defensive tackle Kyle Williams joined Schopp & the Bulldog for an afternoon discussion.

Williams conversed with the guys about the Bills' loss to the Los Angeles Chargers, Vontae Davis, Taiwan Jones and the struggles that defensive players wrestle with in terms of penalties to quarterbacks in the National Football League.

Here are some notable quotes from Williams' time on WGR Sports Radio 550.

McDermott: "Nobody said this was going to be easy"

Buffalo Bills Football Monday chugged right along as, following Kyle Williams' appearance, it was head coach Sean McDermott's turn to join Schopp & the Bulldog this afternoon.

McDermott discussed about a potential rebound for the 0-2 Bills, the progression of the youthful playmakers on the team and everything else that awaits the team as the 2018 season continues along.

Here are some excerpts from the head coach's conversation on WGR.

On 9/10/2018 at 7:59 PM, Helpmenow said:

Watch more tape and then go to the banks and cash our checks, blah, blah

I am sure when you have a bad at work you do not cash your paycheck.

On 9/10/2018 at 9:47 PM, dayman said:

Billicheat earned nothing; cheating earns you nothing.