Brian Billick on The Bills' QB Situation

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Little late to be doing that now.  I almost will give them a pass for the oline because of Wood’s injury, RI insanity, etc.  but they have sucked at evaluating wrs for 2 years!  How do you into a season again with such a garbage group?

Chicken or the egg? What FA WR was coming to Buffalo in March when the QBs were McCarron & Peterman?

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hope I’m wrong but Allen gives me Kyle Boller flashbacks.  Boller had a cannon!!!

Boller may have had a cannon, but his accuracy makes Allen’s accuracy look like Aaron Rodgers. Boller was a career 47% college passer. Boller had a year in college where he completed at a 38.6%. He actually increases that by 10% in the NFL. If Allen increases his accuracy by only half of what Boller did, he will be very good.  

Edited by Bills2ref

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hope I’m wrong but Allen gives me Kyle Boller flashbacks.  Boller had a cannon!!!

Oh, yea lets knock the kid who came in and looked halfway decent and not the WR's who couldn't get separation or catch the ball most of the time. Or the O line players that when something good did happen on offense they usually got a penalty to kill it. Or Bills DBs that can't cover.

Josh Allen was the very least of the problems...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My dad insists that they don’t value speed enough. I’m not sure that I disagree. You need to make plays over the top in this league (at least sometimes). 

Yup.  People laugh at Sammy being a decoy but he does open things for the offense.  Yet we keep Foster who has all the traits in a good wr minus the ability to catch!

4 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Boller may have had a cannon, but his accuracy makes Allen’s accuracy look like Aaron Rodgers. Boller was a career 47% college passer. Boller had a year in college where he completed at a 38.6%. He actually increases that by 10% in the NFL. If Allen increases his accuracy by only half of what Boller did, he will be very good.  

Boller’s Last year in college was 53%, 28 tds and 10 ints in the PAC 12.  Allen was 56% in the MWC.  These guys irrationally love strong armed qbs and Billick is a lot better offense coach than anyone on our staff.

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Little late to be doing that now.  I almost will give them a pass for the oline because of Wood’s injury, RI insanity, etc.  but they have sucked at evaluating wrs for 2 years!  How do you into a season again with such a garbage group?

In 2010 the Bills started the season 0-8 with Fitz running for his life every game. Buddy Nix brought in RT Erik Pears, RG Kraig Urbik to keep from going 0-16. 

Time for Beane to bring in some help. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, gridrick said:

Allen looked great under the circumstances...accurate too.   Let them keep talking about his accuracy, i believe the eye test. 

He played against a prevent defense and backups. He “led” us to 3 points.  I mean he wasn’t the reason they lost but man, he hardly did anything to suggest he is ready to start minus not being a complete tire fire like Peterman.

20 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

And should be fired. On the spot.

Cant be that stupid.....if so than after the 2nd blowout again this staff will have zero credability or respect from other teams and more importantly it will be a matter of time before the players turn.....

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

In 2010 the Bills started the season 0-8 with Fitz running for his life every game. Buddy Nix brought in RT Erik Pears, RG Kraig Urbik to keep from going 0-16. 

Time for Beane to bring in some help. 

Good call back and that would be a great sign of how good of a GM McBeane is.  It’s so hard to bring players in mid season though because it takes so much time to get them up to speed.

He played against a prevent defense and backups. He “led” us to 3 points.  I mean he wasn’t the reason they lost but man, he hardly did anything to suggest he is ready to start minus not being a complete tire fire like Peterman.

He threw catchable balls beyond 10 yards on a field that was waterlogged for an extra 2.5 hr.

9 minutes ago, GG said:

Chicken or the egg? What FA WR was coming to Buffalo in March when the QBs were McCarron & Peterman?

It’s a good question.  Our wrs are pretty garbage but they would look better with Rodgers or Brady.  At the same point, you need a field stretcher that the defense respects.  This regime has completely neglected that though I guess Coleman was a shot at it.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s a good question.  Our wrs are pretty garbage but they would look better with Rodgers or Brady.  At the same point, you need a field stretcher that the defense respects.  This regime has completely neglected that though I guess Coleman was a shot at it.

I was referring specifically to John Brown, who said he turned the Bills down in FA.

Just now, GG said:

He threw catchable balls beyond 10 yards on a field that was waterlogged for an extra 2.5 hr.

I mean Flacco had no problem with the same football. 

But it you’re right.  I’m being tough on him.  I do feel like fans would rip EJ for the same performance.

• Like (+1) 2

they should of kept 3 QB's.....this now is not a good situation at all.....you got a raw rookie that did some good things in live action compared to a QB that has no business ever stepping on an NFL field again......even if Peterman was still in against the prevent D and backups for the remainder of the game i really dont see anything different from him....he was just garbage as far as the QB position goes.....

• Like (+1) 2

Good call back and that would be a great sign of how good of a GM McBeane is.  It’s so hard to bring players in mid season though because it takes so much time to get them up to speed.

Look, I know you didn't like Josh Allen before the draft and still are attempting to discredit him. Let it go as he was the least of the teams worries against the Ravens as the Bills players actually rallied around him from what I heard.

It's not MIDSEASON...it's the first game and it shouldn't take that long for any player to do better than some of those linemen like Vlad the horrible. 

Just now, JPP said:

they should of kept 3 QB's.....this now is not a good situation at all.....you got a raw rookie that did some good things in live action compared to a QB that has no business ever stepping on an NFL field again......even if Peterman was still in against the prevent D and backups for the remainder of the game i really dont see anything different from him....he was just garbage as far as the QB position goes.....

I don’t think AJ is a good and a 5th round pick is good value for him.  But he won’t have looked as bad as Peterman.  Plus, who is the vet QBs for Allen to talk to?  Peterman?

this franchise still undervalued the qb position.  Why not have 3 of the most valuable position on the roster? To have an extra KR?

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

Look, I know you didn't like Josh Allen before the draft and still are attempting to discredit him. Let it go as he was the least of the teams worries against the Ravens as the Bills players actually rallied around him from what I heard.

It's not MIDSEASON...it's the first game and it shouldn't take that long for any player to do better than some of those linemen like Vlad the horrible. 

Fair point.  Not a fan of the pick and didn’t see anything super exciting about his play.  But he wasn’t unwatchable like Peterman.  So that’s a plus.

I completely forgot about him.  Not a big fan of his anyways.  Struggles to stay healthy and probably won’t be much of a player here.

No bigs.  Just pointing out that the end result of free agency may not reflect the effort.  Woods' injury and Richie's crazytown really hampered what they could do in March.