Which singular player were you most disappointed with?

Bockeye

1 hour ago, Bockeye said:

I'm going to have to go with Star. He was supposed clog the middle so our boys could wreak havoc on the QB, esp with the size of his contract. 

Trent stunk but is coming off injury.  Peterman has never been good in the regular season.  Only other I could think of is Benjamin, esp with his mouth in the preseason.

(no fair pointing to McDermott and Beane because they don't count ...even thought they get D grades at this point). 

I went back and watched Star specifically today and I wasn't upset with his play at all. He was doubled damn near every play and still pushed the Ravens line back at times. I don't know what more he could have done. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't know who picked the wide receivers but they all seemed to be  a bit sluggish with no separation . I don't know if it is coaching or lack of talent but you se e wide  receivers getting open  for all teams except the Bills,.  Benjamin ,Kerly and Holmes are  all rejects from another team. Get somebody that wants IT.  Soooo.........

My list is Benjamin and Terry Robiske  the WR Coach

Those who are ragging on Star have no idea how to evaluate him. He and Kyle are supposed to occupy up to 4 O linemen opening the backfield for the ends & LBs. Looked to me like they did exactly that. The Ravens running game was held in check. If you have a criticism you might want to direct it to others on the D.

22 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Those who are ragging on Star have no idea how to evaluate him. He and Kyle are supposed to occupy up to 4 O linemen opening the backfield for the ends & LBs. Looked to me like they did exactly that. The Ravens running game was held in check. If you have a criticism you might want to direct it to others on the D.

I’ll accept that to an extent. I based my reaction on just watching the game and expecting a whole lot more from the D. Was it the DE’s that stunk?  It seemed like Flacco had TONs of time back there. I figured if Star was eating up all those double teams, then our DE’s would be putting on the heat. 

From all the comments, seems like Benjamin was the most disappointing.  Can’t argue with that. We need/should grab Perriman.....can’t do worse that what we have. 

Peterman is like that Single A pitcher who throws 85 who should never make it to the bigs.....

Benjamin is now exposed as slow, unmotivated with stone hands....

Lotolala was basically quoted today that he's here to 'do his job and go home". In other words do the bare minimum and pu your paycheck....

This is why I'm so glad the NFL dosen't hand out 100% guaranteed contracts (for the most part)....

Trent Murphy thanks for coming....

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I'd say Star, but he stunk in preseason also and is washed-up.   I did not expect anything from him.  

Benjamin is my offensive disappointment.  Poyer/Hyde on D.  The secondary, esp. safety play was bad.  

Wasn’t Star rated one of the worst DTs last year by PFF?  And the Bills “braintrust” gives him a big free agent deal?!

2 hours ago, artmalibu said:

Its not fair to go with Star.  He was drought in to help stop the run and the D gave up less than 50 yards of rushing.  

Easy to pick someone in the secondary the Ravens receivers were open all day.  

And 3 different TEs caught 3 passes each.   That’s what I hate about zone defense.  Who was responsible?

7 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

we don't have the QB talent to have a WR like Benjamin. Cam would toss the ball up to him and let him make plays. I know he had a drop or two yesterday in the rain, but we don't put him in a position to make plays. He gets the ball when he's college open (which isn't often) and that's it. 

valid point, but this is about yesterday.   He was disappointing yesterday (not overall, to which your point is valid).  Yesterday he should have had a TD, ended up causing an INT, among other miscues.    

4 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Wasn’t Star rated one of the worst DTs last year by PFF?  And the Bills “braintrust” gives him a big free agent deal?!

yep.   Like  a FA Hail-Mary I think.   Were there other DL out there?  I have no idea.  

7 hours ago, Bockeye said:

I'm going to have to go with Star. He was supposed clog the middle so our boys could wreak havoc on the QB, esp with the size of his contract. 

Trent stunk but is coming off injury.  Peterman has never been good in the regular season.  Only other I could think of is Benjamin, esp with his mouth in the preseason.

(no fair pointing to McDermott and Beane because they don't count ...even thought they get D grades at this point). 

Benjamin was my biggest disappointment.  He's in a contract year, he's been acting as though he likes working with Peterman, he needs to catch those