Conversation with A Bills Executive

COTC

1 minute ago, COTC said:

Yeah. That quote gave me goosebumps. 

And its so true and very unfortunate. 

I believe you had a conversation with someone there. Can you expound upon this: “ And the total dysfunction behind doors which is causing extreme frustration”. Describe dysfunction and between whom? Owners involved??

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm having trouble parsing this, can you clarify?

The total irresponsibility to role with just a rookie and Peterman, and the stubbornness involved in making such a decision. 

1 hour ago, COTC said:

This is not insider knowledge...this is an opinion of someone who works for the Bills org. And the total disfunction behind doors which is causing extreme frustration.  

The organziation, just like the team, is in shambles and just getting worse. 

Is your source willing to Deepthroat a NY Pre-Op Ed, so to speak? 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, COTC said:

The total irresponsibility to role with just a rookie and Peterman, and the stubbornness involved in making such a decision. 

Thanks for looping back.  So the line I'm having trouble with is "There is no plan for Allen, however, will now remain the starter”

What's meant by "There is no plan for Allen" is that keeping only Peterman didn't constitute much of a plan?

I could agree with that.

Is the second half of the sentence saying that Allen will now remain the starter (which is confusing to me because he hasn't been the starter)

Or

Is the second half of the sentence saying that Peterman (who has been the starter) will now remain the starter?

Thanks again

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Can you ask them when the  new stadium is going up? I bought a bunch of land in South Newstead and I'm getting antsy...

I think you got the wrong guy.

12 hours ago, COTC said:

This morning, I had a conversation with a Bills Executive, who wishes to remain anonymous. This was his thought on the game and general status of the team. 

“Allen showed composure. I like some of the movement under Dabol.

The free agents, o-line and peterman are a waste.

Tampa 2,3 zone 8 yards back made Flacco look like Montana. This is what happens when a insecurity replaces judgement in turning over roster.

Darby for Jordan Matthews. Marcel for a 5th, Watkins, Tyrod and Glenn for picks never selected. Coleman cut Even Benjamin for a third looked like a bust.

Let's just hope I am overreacting and next week we rebound against a team flying west to east. Last night, on a podcast,  Mel Kiper predicted the Bills to have the worst record in football, losing their first 8. Let's hope not.

There is no plan for Allen, however, will now remain the starter”

What is "no plan for Allen" supposed to mean???

10 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...any news on his dome?............

Buying land in Letchworth.

11 hours ago, COTC said:

Yeah. Just trying to share what I heard. Obviously this is nothing breaking, just a thought of an exec with the Bills. 

Really shows the disfunction. 

I don’t think They are happy with Beane or McD. 

Calling BS.

They aren't displeased with them after one game, plus they changed the whole organizational  structure according to McDermott, they aren't going anywhere.

14 hours ago, COTC said:

This morning, I had a conversation with a Bills Executive, who wishes to remain anonymous. This was his thought on the game and general status of the team. 

“Allen showed composure. I like some of the movement under Dabol.

The free agents, o-line and peterman are a waste.

Tampa 2,3 zone 8 yards back made Flacco look like Montana. This is what happens when a insecurity replaces judgement in turning over roster.

Darby for Jordan Matthews. Marcel for a 5th, Watkins, Tyrod and Glenn for picks never selected. Coleman cut Even Benjamin for a third looked like a bust.

Let's just hope I am overreacting and next week we rebound against a team flying west to east. Last night, on a podcast,  Mel Kiper predicted the Bills to have the worst record in football, losing their first 8. Let's hope not.

There is no plan for Allen, however, will now remain the starter”

These are your thoughts, you didn’t talk to anyone

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, COTC said:

This is not insider knowledge...this is an opinion of someone who works for the Bills org. And the total disfunction behind doors which is causing extreme frustration.  

The organziation, just like the team, is in shambles and just getting worse. 

Uhhhm. The opinion of someone who works in the organization, especially in the executive ranks with access to decision making,  is indeed insider knowledge.  

You are Terry Pegula and so far you have dealt with Marone quitting, Polian backing out, the Whaley/Brandon/Rex/Rob clown show ...   your new coach and GM make the playoffs in Year 1, draft a QB prospect and a stud MLB in round 1, clean house to clear cap space to sign players -  how is this frustrating?  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, COTC said:

“...

Let's just hope I am overreacting and next week we rebound against a team flying west to east. Last night, on a podcast,  Mel Kiper predicted the Bills to have the worst record in football, losing their first 8. Let's hope not.”

Show me the podcast from Sunday night and then we can talk about this being real.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, COTC said:

Yeah. That quote gave me goosebumps. 

And its so true and very unfortunate. 

Goosebumps, guy it's really uninspiring line about a dumb football team. That gives you goosebumps? 

I also find it odd that this executive is shouting out the Mel Kiper podcast and how he says how bad they might be. That doesn't sound like a football executive to me.

If this guy actually exists he's probably some nobody working in the ticket office who loves the attention and feeling of importance. 

17 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

This page is filled with insiders

Yes it is and this faction will only grow as the season wears; NFL FO scouts need to pay attention to TBD, this is where the talent is!

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Uhhhm. The opinion of someone who works in the organization, especially in the executive ranks with access to decision making,  is indeed insider knowledge.  

You are Terry Pegula and so far you have dealt with Marone quitting, Polian backing out, the Whaley/Brandon/Rex/Rob clown show ...   your new coach and GM make the playoffs in Year 1, draft a QB prospect and a stud MLB in round 1, clean house to clear cap space to sign players -  how is this frustrating?  

Thank you, I needed this post, an adult in the room!!!!

3 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Agreed.   

I can't believe this thread is still going.    The following quotes from the ultimate "insider" don't sound anything like what the OP was belching...

Kim Pegula from August 30, 2018:    https://buffalonews.com/2018/08/30/confident-kim-pegula-were-getting-the-right-people/

"So knowing that every season is different, knowing every year you can't always re-create everything that happens in that (previous) year, but feeling that we're building something," she said. "And whether it transpires into what we want this year or next year, I'm feeling a lot more confident that we're taking the right steps."

"I feel a little bit calmer this year, maybe more so than I have in previous years because I feel like, ‘You know what? We're getting the right people,' " Kim Pegula said. "Sean and Brandon are putting together the right team. Is it perfect? By all means, no. As you know, you also have to have some luck in this game."

"But besides all that, I feel like we are doing the right things and we are building on what we built in Year One. And that gets me excited."

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Agreed.   

I can't believe this thread is still going.    The following quotes from the ultimate "insider" don't sound anything like what the OP was belching...

Kim Pegula from August 30, 2018:    https://buffalonews.com/2018/08/30/confident-kim-pegula-were-getting-the-right-people/

"So knowing that every season is different, knowing every year you can't always re-create everything that happens in that (previous) year, but feeling that we're building something," she said. "And whether it transpires into what we want this year or next year, I'm feeling a lot more confident that we're taking the right steps."

"I feel a little bit calmer this year, maybe more so than I have in previous years because I feel like, ‘You know what? We're getting the right people,' " Kim Pegula said. "Sean and Brandon are putting together the right team. Is it perfect? By all means, no. As you know, you also have to have some luck in this game."

"But besides all that, I feel like we are doing the right things and we are building on what we built in Year One. And that gets me excited."

This sounds like the opposite of the OP's "source" is saying. 

What to believe ... comments directly from the owners mouth to a Buffalo News Reporter on the record or from some internet insider.? 

I don't sense frustration from Kim at all, instead I sense understanding and patience.