Conversation with A Bills Executive

COTC

1 hour ago, Jaraxxus said:

No offense intended, but in today’s environment I don’t put much stock into anonymously sourced information. ?

No offense, but in today's environment I put zero stock in what anyone says anymore. What he posted is true regardless who said it. It would be nice if it was true. Would at least prove there is someone there not looking through rose colored glasses.

27 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Judging by the off-season oline additions I think tanking must be the plan.

The 5 year 50 mil contract to Star however, makes me think that maybe these guys just don't know what they are doing. Regardless of if it was planned, with the worst o line and wr corps in the league and a sieve of a defense, the Bills will almost certainly have a top 5 pick in next year's draft. 

I disagree.  You can say that perhaps they overpaid Star but he definitely filled a need.  Adolphus Washington was the starting 1 Technique DT.  He sucked.  Also if you noticed last season how easily it was go QB’s to step up inside the middle of our D.  It’s because the DT’s got no push.  

33 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

What mess.  Oh the one from the last front office they are dealing with.  Look a lot of the players from the last regime didn't fit what they are doing.  50 mil in dead money.  One starting OL forced to retire another lost his mind   I remained optimistic but I'm also realistic.  Some people are just not as logical as others I guess.  Maybe you thought we were going to the Superbowl or something. 

This season for me will be watching our young people so develop.

I am not sure what youre getting at.  I 100% expected them to be terrible.  Think I posted I expected them to have the 1st pick as early as May or June.   I honestly am not emotional about it at all.

I am fervently aware that this all goes as Josh Allen does.

16 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I disagree.  You can say that perhaps they overpaid Star but he definitely filled a need.  Adolphus Washington was the starting 1 Technique DT.  He sucked.  Also if you noticed last season how easily it was go QB’s to step up inside the middle of our D.  It’s because the DT’s got no push.  

I didn't notice Flacco having any trouble stepping up in the pocket, I didn't see Star applying any pressure either. Hankins has been a far superior run stuffer the last few years and is still a fa. He also pressures the QB.

2 hours ago, COTC said:

This morning, I had a conversation with a Bills Executive, who wishes to remain anonymous. This was his thought on the game and general status of the team. 

“Allen showed composure. I like some of the movement under Dabol.

The free agents, o-line and peterman are a waste.

Tampa 2,3 zone 8 yards back made Flacco look like Montana. This is what happens when a insecurity replaces judgement in turning over roster.

Darby for Jordan Matthews. Marcel for a 5th, Watkins, Tyrod and Glenn for picks never selected. Coleman cut Even Benjamin for a third looked like a bust.

Let's just hope I am overreacting and next week we rebound against a team flying west to east. Last night, on a podcast,  Mel Kiper predicted the Bills to have the worst record in football, losing their first 8. Let's hope not.

There is no plan for Allen, however, will now remain the starter”

I talked to Jesus ( he was ok with me revealing my source) and he said the Bills are in trouble this season . These threads and posts are always so awesome.

54 minutes ago, COTC said:

I think most of everything in my op can be “proved”. 

Pay no attention to some of these people… I don’t know why they get their rocks off questioning other people and being dick-ish about it.  It’s as if nobody at 1 Bills Dr. has a circle of friends or neighbors or acquaintances. ?

If they don’t believe you then they should just not respond and move onto another topic. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am not sure what youre getting at.  I 100% expected them to be terrible.  Think I posted I expected them to have the 1st pick as early as May or June.   I honestly am not emotional about it at all.

I am fervently aware that this all goes as Josh Allen does.

Sounded like you were saying this is a result of McBeane incompetence.  Maybe I misunderstood or your words came out wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, COTC said:

Yeah. Just trying to share what I heard. Obviously this is nothing breaking, just a thought of an exec with the Bills. 

Really shows the disfunction. 

I don’t think They are happy with Beane or McD. 

Who cares, unless it's Terry or Kim they don't much matter. 

McD, Beane jobs are in their own hands now going forward. Beane better bring in some decent help and McD had better kick some butts on his coaching staff.