Either McD can't evaluate QB talent or....

CoachT

The man is a genius. Hear me out..

It's no secret this offense is going to struggle. If you start Allen, he will likely struggle and the fans would start calling for Peterman to come in. This would likely create a distraction and hurt Allens confidence. 

So you start Peterman and wait for him to stink it up, which didn't take long. And now if Allen struggles, no-one will want to see the other guy(hopefully).

Now this theory doesn't explain why he benched TT last year for this guy. Both Allen and TT are clearly better than Peterman. But i can't think of any other reason he would start Peterman. He is terrible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, CoachT said:

It's no secret this offense is going to struggle. If you start Allen, he will likely struggle and the fans would start calling for Peterman to come in. This would likely create a distraction and hurt Allens confidence. 

So you start Peterman and wait for him to stink it up, which didn't take long. And now if Allen struggles, no-one will want to see the other guy(hopefully).

Now this theory doesn't explain why he benched TT last year for this guy. Both Allen and TT are clearly better than Peterman. But i can't think of any other reason he would start Peterman. He is terrible.

Your reaching there. 

McD is just another 1960s old school ultra conservative coach.  That thinks you win with Defense and Running games 

Listen to him in Pressers. Close your eyes you will see Dicky J 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CoachT said:

He could REALLY drive the point home by starting Peterman again this week.

• Haha (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, CoachT said:

McD undermined the team and is essentially forfeiting games just in case Allen stinks up the place?  Did he also blow up the OL and WRs to make sure Peterman would fail? 

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Your reaching there. 

McD is just another 1960s old school ultra conservative coach.  That thinks you win with Defense and Running games 

That is how you win unless you have a good QB. If Allen is good you'll stop hearing it.

• Like (+1) 1

Peterman started because he won the preseason battle and looked better than Allen behind a garbage O-line.  However, Peterman is a backup.  I like the guy, but preseason isn't the regular season, and Allen demonstrated last game that he is better in the regular season.  Or at least Peterman showed that he is Peterman in the regular season.  

Start Allen, even though thoughts of him getting killed like Carr scare me a bit.  But I think Allen handles it.  

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Your reaching there. 

I could absolutely imagine "I thought we punted well" coming out of McDermott's mouth this season

Allen is a top 10 pick. People have accepted he has work to do. He has a very long leash with the fans. 

Peterman on the other is a 5th round pick. He has shows what he can do and it should be clear he is not an NFL starter.  It is insane to have him starting. 

• Like (+1) 3