I believe yesterday was a bit of a fluke

Steptide

30 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Go through the schedule and find me 4 wins.  Not happening.  I will gladly eat crow if they get to 4

I hope you're right. 6-10 would be terrible. Yesterday made me feel good that the plan is going exactly as it should. Nick Bosa plus 9 other draft picks plus $65 million in cap space plus a year of experience for Josh Allen. Anyone paying attention can see next year is when this thing is supposed to turn on.

1 minute ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

One out of three McProcess losses have been by 20 points or more.

And yes, we are definitely a “parody” of an NFL team. In a league with “parity”, you gotta be really trying to be as bad as we are.

read to your children folks... 

anyhow.... if your calculations are correct our next 2 losses will be much more competitive. 

I just love Bills fans who ride other fans for being "too negative" and then they pivot to this way the plan all along. 

Even though their beloved Coach McDermott and GM Beane say all the time that they are trying to win now.

I think what you really are seeing is a Coach who honestly thought running the football and playing defense still wins in the NFL. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

Sorry, I don;t think it's a fluke.  I'm typically fairly optimistic, but what I saw yesterday didn't look like a fluke.  It looked like a High school JV team going against the Varsity. 

A rookie QB starting behind a weak O-line.  An aging RB who does not look as quick as he was. Throwing to a lack-luster receiving corp led by a dude who looks like he's half-assing his routes.

And on the other side of the ball...

A non-existent pass-rush, line backed by a rookie Mike, and undersized weak side and an aging slower strong.  The secondary plays way too soft and looses relievers wide open in holes in the zones.

25 minutes ago, zow2 said:

McD is getting pretty good at one thing in Buffalo.  Having his team get blown out!

But anyway, I'd go ahead and roll with Allen.  You could see at the game yesterday, his passes have more velocity than Peterman and get there half second quicker which makes all the difference in the world.  Allen's throws from the end zone view had that same look as Flacco's passes.  It seems obvious, but when you see it in person the point gets hammered home that Allen has special physical talent.  Now, when he can read a defense and have good pocket awareness he'll be a good QB,

I was at the game yesterday and I agree when Allen came into the game his passes had more zip like Flacco's. He showed some pocket presence. He also made noticeably quicker decisions and over all looked more comfortable than Peterman who was playing scared. He was better than Peterman in all phases. Let the rookie play, put a FB back there to protect him.

Edited by VADC Bills

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I also would like to give a shout out to “Culture” and “DNA”. Because of those the players didnt quit by halftime. Oooooo wait Nevermind

Apparently the "culture" that McCoach is building is one where our guys get manhandled.

• Like (+1) 1

The team was dominated in every way. It was definitely a hard game to watch. The team didn't look competitive. They looked like a bad joke. 

I'm a Buffalo Bills fan. I'll follow the team this season but that game was beyond the worst case scenario I expected. I thought my team would be bad not an embarrassment. 

Think you're dead wrong! This was not a fluke and the Bills are a very bad team! They lack NFL calibre talent at virtually EVERY position.

The GM has made a complete bust of virtually everything so far, in several cases, giving up draft picks for little or nothing! He isn't the first this entire Millennium!

The Coaching I'll pass on so far. They coach trash and they know it.

Will they win a few games? Sure- think blind squirrels. 

Lucky to be better than 3-13. (From from my own 5-11 Pre season evaluation.)

Several prognosticators said this BEFORE the Season began. They were and are correct!

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think what you really are seeing is a Coach who honestly thought running the football and playing defense still wins in the NFL. 

We have spent exactly 0 draft picks on RBs since McDermott took over and we traded up for a QB. We let Gillislee go for a 5th round pick. They know you can find RBs like Murphy in FA. I don't know what you're talking about.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Except that Taylor is a better QB than Peterman and the OL wasnt missing 5 Pro Bowls across it through 3 starters no longer here.  Anyone who thinks Peterman is better than TT should never post again.  It was time for a change and I think Allen has a great future, so glad we traded TT and got back that 3rd round pick.  But Peterman is not an NFL QB, period. Big difference.  

No where in my original post did I imply Peterman is better than Tyrod. The point was, that even last year when we won 9 games and got to the playoffs, we had a game just as ugly as yesterday. I'd even go as far to say last year's was worse because it was at home, and in the middle of the season when you shouldn't have these kind of games 

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

No where in my original post did I imply Peterman is better than Tyrod. The point was, that even last year when we won 9 games and got to the playoffs, we had a game just as ugly as yesterday. I'd even go as far to say last year's was worse because it was at home, and in the middle of the season when you shouldn't have these kind of games 

I understand what you were saying, and I stand by my response on why its NOT an equal comparison of last year to this year.  This team is worse than last year, not a fluke performance IMO.

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We have spent exactly 0 draft picks on RBs since McDermott took over and we traded up for a QB. We let Gillislee go for a 5th round pick. They know you can find RBs like Murphy in FA. I don't know what you're talking about.

You don't know what I'm talking about?

McDermott was asked what his ideal offense is: he said: running the ball and playing physical in snowy Buffalo. 

His first OC hire was 900 year old Rick Dennison who ran a 1970's offense. 

And if yesterday is any indication, we'll be doing the same this season, dumping the ball off on 3rd and 9, and trying to run McCoy straight into the line out of Shotgun. 

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

His first OC hire was 900 year old Rick Dennison who ran a 1970's offense. 

And if yesterday is any indication, we'll be doing the same this season, dumping the ball off on 3rd and 9, and trying to run McCoy straight into the line out of Shotgun. 

Yes and his first fire was also Rick Dennison, who he replaced with a Saban and Belichick disciple. If anything we didn't run the ball enough yesterday. You can criticize plenty of things about this regime so far but they definitely have not overvalued RBs.