Who Is the Worst Starting QB in Bills History (NFL)?

Gugny

Who Is the Worst Starting QB in Bills History (NFL)?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is the Worst Starting QB in Bills History (NFL)?

• Dennis Shaw
    • Joe Ferguson
    • Vince Ferragamo
    • Jim Kelly
    • Todd Collins
    • Doug Flutie
    • Rob Johnson
    • Drew Bledsoe
    • JP Losman
    • Trent Edwards
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • EJ Manuel
    • Kyle Orton
    • Tyrod Taylor
    • Nathan Peterman

Just now, Gugny said:

This is only QBs who've "won" the starting job.  Not backups who took over due to injury.

*** I effed the last one up, then effed it up some more.  So I needed to re-start. ***

And I had just tried to post my inspired defense of Jeff Tuelegittosit

Peterman, and not even close. Guy is brutal. He does not belong in the NFL. Yesterday showed just how little preseason football matters. 

AJ should of stayed.

All those guys on the list from Ferguson on i can personally recall watching. They all showed entire games of being  a professional quarterback. Peterman has shown fleeting glimpses in mop up duty or preseason. I would take some kids in college right now with a weeks practice over Peterman. 

You can't do this poll without Gary Marangi. (edit: I didn't see your qualification - he took over because of injury)

"In 1976, Joe Ferguson was leading all quarterbacks in most statistical categories going into the 7th game against the New England Patriots, Ferguson sustained a back injury and was sidelined for the season. Marangi replaced him and finished the season completing only 82 of 232 passes (35.3%) for 998 yards, 7 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. His 35.3 completion percentage is the worst all-time completion in a season (minimum 200 attempts)."

Edited by Tisker A Tasker

Gary Marangi, set futility records that still stand today.  It doesn't matter that he came in because of an injury, he was #2 for multiple seasons and was proven to never have deserved to be #2.  Never played another NFL down after starting. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

Dan Darragh get's my vote...

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
Career       17 11 1-10-0 127 296 42.9 1353 4 1.4 22 7.4 53 4.6 1.5 10.7 79.6 30.4 16 139 3.89 0.97 5.1 1 0 -2
1968 22 BUF QB 10 11 7 1-6-0 92 215 42.8 917 3 1.4 14 6.5 41 4.3 1.6 10.0 83.4 33.0           1 0 -3
1969 23 BUF qb 10 3 2 0-2-0 24 52 46.2 365 1 1.9 6 11.5 53 7.0 2.2 15.2 121.7 36.6 11 103 4.16 0.19 17.5     1
1970 24 BUF qb 10 3 2 0-2-0 11 29 37.9 71 0 0.0 2 6.9 19 2.4 -0.7 6.5 23.7 17.5 5 36 1.03 -1.62 14.7     0

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I voted Peterman. He is in the running as the worst ever based on what he’s “accomplished.” I’m not even sure that you could make a case for anyone else at this point.

Peterman petered out quickly so in that respect I suppose we should probably thank Nasty Nate for doing what he does best, 

or worst in this case...

• Haha (+1) 1

Ed Rutkowski, was a disaster QB after Buffalo lost 3 QBs in row

The majority of Buffalo's games were started by backup quarterback Dan Darragh, after injuries claimed the seasons of long-time starter Jack Kemp and new addition Tom Flores. Even Darragh and new addition Kay Stephenson were injured. Ultimately, running back Ed Rutkowski, who hadn't played the quarterback position since college six years prior, ended up starting at quarterback for the Bills.[4]

Buffalo's only win of the season was a home victory over the New York Jets, in which the Bills held a 16-point lead in the fourth quarter before giving up two late touchdowns to the Jets. Ultimately, the Bills were able to hold on to the two-point win.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Buffalo_Bills_season

Edited by THE SLAMMER

i dont know what you guys were watching to think Peterman looked good in the preseason.   I saw half a dozen snaps against the browns and he'd almost turned it over twice.  No need to watch anymore. They need to get another quarterback on the roster or some desperate team is gonna do whatever they can to the starter to make peterman enter the game. These guys are penetrating ass clowns for dumping mccarron. 

5 minutes ago, gridrick said:

i dont know what you guys were watching to think Peterman looked good in the preseason.   I saw half a dozen snaps against the browns and he'd almost turned it over twice.  No need to watch anymore. They need to get another quarterback on the roster or some desperate team is gonna do whatever they can to the starter to make peterman enter the game. These guys are penetrating ass clowns for dumping mccarron. 

I think the Bills need to put Beane behind center until we find new guinea pigs.

• Haha (+1) 1