QB competition

mynmisoli

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

8 interceptions in 8 quarters of League play.

Thats gotta be some kind of record, right? 2

dubious NFL records in less than 2 full games.

Indeed, what more does he have to do for McBeane to finally realize their mistake?

I think it's going to have to be something REALLY BAD like getting zero first downs in an entire half.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Are we all finally in agreement that he’s the worst QB we’ve ever started? 

I certainly think so.  I opined that in another thread and was countered with Billy Joe Hobert.

Nope.  Peterman's worse.

• Like (+1) 1

Ever?  Ever is pretty strong, but yeah, Peterman is bad.  But was he as bad as say Jeff Tuel?  Or EJ Manuel?

By far and it should not be hard to see. I am troubled how this coaching staff does not see it. He should not have made the roster. I dont care how he looked good completing easy passes in preseason. Look at preseason stats over the years and you see tons of guys that never make a team have good games. 

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Ever?  Ever is pretty strong, but yeah, Peterman is bad.  But was he as bad as say Jeff Tuel?  Or EJ Manuel?

If you think it’s a question don’t put them side-by-side. Those guys did WAY more than Nate (and that’s saying something). He’s not even close to them. Hobert is a fair comparison but Nate is worse.

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

EJ 16 ints in 590 attempts

Tuel 3 ints in 59 attempts

NP 7 ints in 67 attempts

8 in 70 if you include the Jags

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Well then, that is pretty bad.  I guess the only reason Peterman even registers in YPA and has 2 TDs is the snow game vs the Colts.  

1, his other was the Saints when we were down by 91.37

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

1, his other was the Saints when we were down by 91.37

That's right, forgot about that.  He relieved Tyrod when the game was well out of hand and NO had their backups in.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Would you say center is as bad as our guard play?

I think so personally, but I also think that all the play across the line is below par and we right now don't have anyone I can confidently say does not need to be replaced with a better starter.  I feel like at all 5 spots we got guys playing like they are career backups at best.

i think JA never really had a shot to win the starting job.  he never got the number of snaps w the 1s required to show his stuff and win the job, it was always the plan to bench him to start.  this was a horrible stupid plan by the bills brain trust.

now that we know NP IS WHAT WE THOUGHT HE WAS, it's time to lose with the rookie rather than with the total waste of roster space.  if peterman starts while JA is healthy, it shows our coaches are just automatons who follow a retarded "process" which means they can't make decisions.  i also think starting peterman next week will lead to the coaches losing the locker room.

a bounce back win by the bills would be huge right now, and starting JA is the only way to make that even possible.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think so personally, but I also think that all the play across the line is below par and we right now don't have anyone I can confidently say does not need to be replaced with a better starter.  I feel like at all 5 spots we got guys playing like they are career backups at best.

Even Dawkins?

I'm primarily a Wyoming and Josh Allen fan, and I was happy the Bills took Allen in the first round.  I really didn't expect Allen to be a starter for at least half a season. 
But after seeing the Bills play I think they should have signed a seasoned QB instead and not a 2nd year rookie and a non seasoned backup like they did.  

Allen is a raw rookie quarterback and he doesn't have a proven qb to learn from.  I hope he survives his first year. 

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Even Dawkins?

Yes, even Dawkins.  What has he down to show he is a quality starter?  Dumb penalties, guys blowing by him.  He could be a victim of the lack of talent around him, but he certainly hasn't shown to be anything more than serviceable IMO right now.  I will say this about Dawkins though, I dont know how plausible it will be to find 5 new starters on the OL next offseason (although we got plenty of cap room and draft picks to potentially do it), so if I had to pick one guy that I think could still be starting within a new group of players for us next year, it would be Dawkins.  He is our best OL player right now, but thats also not saying a whole lot IMO.