QB competition

mynmisoli

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The problem is that they didn't go get a vet. They got 3 guys with a total of 6 starts. They decided to wager on all young 'upside' instead of bringing in at least one who has proven they can play a few games at QB without vomiting all over themselves.

They could have kept Tyrod or signed Bridgewater for a song after his trade to the Browns to give them time to properly develop Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

They could have kept Tyrod or signed Bridgewater for a song after his trade to the Browns to give them time to properly develop Josh Allen. 

I don't think they were planning on keeping Tyrod at his price. But they could have looked at Teddy, or brought in Anderson or Moore, both of whom Beane and Daboll are familiar with.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I think Peterman had a large portion of us fooled. Including the coaching staff. After watching his performances in preseason, I thought he was a capable QB. I was very wrong....

Almost every article I read on Peterman this offseason is he looked sharp.  I think he absolutely had us fooled.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

No one (except SaviorPeterman) thought he was good, even McBeane which is why we took Allen but I don't think we expected an even worse performance that he had at LA.  

I wasn't expecting much from him with how limited he is and the expectations should have been even lower given the poor talent surrounding him.

I wasn't expecting much from him with how limited he is and the expectations should have been even lower given the poor talent surrounding him.

He was supposed to be able to get the ball out early.  He didn't do it yesterday at all.  

He was supposed to be more pro ready because that's the style of offense he ran in college.  He looks like as raw as Lamar Jackson....but Jackson looks like in one summer is more ready.  Nate just freezes up after the snap if his first read isn't there.  

He was supposed to be able to get the ball out early.  He didn't do it yesterday at all.  

He was supposed to be more pro ready because that's the style of offense he ran in college.  He looks like as raw as Lamar Jackson....but Jackson looks like in one summer is more ready.  Nate just freezes up after the snap if his first read isn't there.  

Much different from the preseason with 1st team defenses and complicated pressure/coverage schemes as I have been saying to not much avail.   Peterman is a marginal NFL talent as he has been since he entered the league last season.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Exactly. It’s an indictment on Beane/McD if they honestly thought Peterman was a viable option as this team’s starting QB AND if they weren’t trying to lose (which they weren’t evidenced by putting Allen in).

The whole situation really puts a dent in my faith of  them.

Much different from the preseason with 1st team defenses and complicated pressure/coverage schemes as I have been saying to not much avail.   Peterman is a marginal NFL talent as he has been since he entered the league last season.

I wouldn't even say marginal for Peterman.  He his marginally physically talented but mentally, he's even more south there.

I wouldn't even say marginal for Peterman.  He his marginally physically talented but mentally, he's even more south there.

Maybe in the QB room or on the chalk board, but that has not been reflected in the heat of battle where he is in no way composed or poised enough to make good decisions. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Maybe in the QB room or on the chalk board, but that has not been reflected in the heat of battle where he is in no way composed or poised enough to make good decisions. 

Yeah I think Peterman could actually coach.  He's just that guy that can't apply it on the field with live ammo.  

• Like (+1) 1