QB competition

mynmisoli

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes, even Dawkins.  What has he down to show he is a quality starter?  Dumb penalties, guys blowing by him.  He could be a victim of the lack of talent around him, but he certainly hasn't shown to be anything more than serviceable IMO right now.  I will say this about Dawkins though, I dont know how plausible it will be to find 5 new starters on the OL next offseason (although we got plenty of cap room and draft picks to potentially do it), so if I had to pick one guy that I think could still be starting within a new group of players for us next year, it would be Dawkins.  He is our best OL player right now, but thats also not saying a whole lot IMO.  

As I stated before, I can't critique offensive line.  Never played the position or watched film on it.

I was going off that Dawkins played well enough last year to make Glenn expendable.

I don't know if replacing all 4 is possible in one offseason.  We can replace all 3 interior, hopefully Teller steps up after this year and then replace Groy/Miller.

Do you have any confidence that Connor McDermott could develop into a serviceable RT?  They seem to like him with keeping him around for year 2.

43 minutes ago, ngbills said:

EJ 16 ints in 590 attempts

Tuel 3 ints in 59 attempts

NP 7 ints in 67 attempts

Awesome.  So Peterman is on pace to match EJ's interception number in  1/5 the number of attempts.  I would give him two more games just to allow that record to be set.

51 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Are we all finally in agreement that he’s the worst QB we’ve ever started? 

Nope.  You need to get sign off from the Bull brothers and  possibly suorangefan4.   I don't think we've given Nate enough starts yet to make that proclamation =)

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Awesome.  So Peterman is on pace to match EJ's interception number in  1/5 the number of attempts.  I would give him two more games just to allow that record to be set.

Nope.  You need to get sign off from the Bull brothers and  possibly suorangefan4.   I don't think we've given Nate enough starts yet to make that proclamation ?

3D8DF077-336E-4E50-909B-44590CF84441.jpeg

I had had to send @BurpleBull $56.30 because of Peterman starting. I should be refunded that plus interest!! Ha ha

The other bull brother doubled down last night. He really might be in love with Peterman or at least related to him. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Let's try and remember that Peterman has exactly the skill set the Bills need right now.  Namely, he's expendable - getting him killed behind this line protects Allen.

any qb for the bills will need to learn this word---AFLAC

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

As I stated before, I can't critique offensive line.  Never played the position or watched film on it.

I was going off that Dawkins played well enough last year to make Glenn expendable.

I don't know if replacing all 4 is possible in one offseason.  We can replace all 3 interior, hopefully Teller steps up after this year and then replace Groy/Miller.

Do you have any confidence that Connor McDermott could develop into a serviceable RT?  They seem to like him with keeping him around for year 2.

In all honesty, my confidence is really low on the whole roster of OL right now.  

Last year I felt the OL was not good at all, especially at pass protection.  I kept saying that TT's legs masked the lines deficiencies big time.  Not just in his ability to escape, but also in how the D planned against the Bills offense which had to account for defending TT as a runner on both designed runs and when he escapes.  

However, when ever a team decided to bring the house all game they got to the QB with unbelievable ease.  Both TT and Peterman.  The line got abused, even with Glenn, Wood, and Incognito out there when teams had the gusto to bring the heat consistently instead of trying to guard against TT's ability to run.  So even though Dawkins appeared to be a starter last year, I don't really know if he is a quality starter yet.  But like I said, I do think he is the best OL on the team right now, which is a scary thing to say.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

In all honesty, my confidence is really low on the whole roster of OL right now.  

Last year I felt the OL was not good at all, especially at pass protection.  I kept saying that TT's legs masked the lines deficiencies big time.  Not just in his ability to escape, but also in how the D planned against the Bills offense which had to account for defending TT as a runner on both designed runs and when he escapes.  

However, when ever a team decided to bring the house all game they got to the QB with unbelievable ease.  Both TT and Peterman.  The line got abused, even with Glenn, Wood, and Incognito out there when teams had the gusto to bring the heat consistently instead of trying to guard against TT's ability to run.  So even though Dawkins appeared to be a starter last year, I don't really know if he is a quality starter yet.  But like I said, I do think he is the best OL on the team right now, which is a scary thing to say.  

How much would you put it on Castillo?  Could a really good Offensive Line coach work with the talent we have now and make them at least below average instead of atrocious like it is now?

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

3D8DF077-336E-4E50-909B-44590CF84441.jpeg

I had had to send @BurpleBull $56.30 because of Peterman starting. I should be refunded that plus interest!! Ha ha

The other bull brother doubled down last night. He really might be in love with Peterman or at least related to him. 

There's someone defending Peterman?

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How much would you put it on Castillo?  Could a really good Offensive Line coach work with the talent we have now and make them at least below average instead of atrocious like it is now?

There's someone defending Peterman?

I dont know if its Castillo or the talent level.  While I firmly believe coaching is very important, its hard to look at this s**t show and think a better OL coach would turn it around.  I liked guys like Dawkins and Miller, but to me they have been a let down, especially Miller.  But maybe its coaching, but honestly most of our line is made up of guys who were cut by other teams or not retained by teams when they were FA's.  Tells me they were not valuable to others either.  

And yes... BullBuchanan, BurpleBull, and I believe someone also said SaviourPeterman are certain still defending NP.  Its hysterical.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I dont know if its Castillo or the talent level.  While I firmly believe coaching is very important, its hard to look at this s**t show and think a better OL coach would turn it around.  I liked guys like Dawkins and Miller, but to me they have been a let down, especially Miller.  But maybe its coaching, but honestly most of our line is made up of guys who were cut by other teams or not retained by teams when they were FA's.  Tells me they were not valuable to others either.  

IMO...we have to address this line with our $80mm that we have in cap.  Don't need a Derrick Dockery signing but at least 2 new starting vets...solid starting vets.

I know we need playmakers at WR but to me it starts up front first.  

Do you have any idea what the crop of WR and OL look like next year in FA and the draft?

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

IMO...we have to address this line with our $80mm that we have in cap.  Don't need a Derrick Dockery signing but at least 2 new starting vets...solid starting vets.

Do you have any idea what the crop of WR and OL look like next year in FA and the draft?

Unfortunately, I don't know much about next years WR and OL crops at this point, I have been so busy lately I just haven't had time to dive into college lately.  But will start watching here soon as my schedule eases up a little.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

He has thrown for 148 yards, his interceptions have something like 131 yards in returns. That’s sad. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

30/70 for 290 Yards (4.14 YPA) 2 TDs and 8 INTs in roughly 2 games worth of action. Translates to a 25.0 Passer Rating and a negative ANY/A.

So, a net total of 30/70, 131 yrds, 2 TD’s, 8 picks in 2 games.

What do these #’s translate to the Passer Rating?

and what is ‘negative ANY/A?’

24 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, a net total of 30/70, 131 yrds, 2 TD’s, 8 picks in 2 games.

What do these #’s translate to the Passer Rating?

and what is ‘negative ANY/A?’

ANY/A is, in my opinion, a pretty good indicator of a QB's performance.

Here is every QB who has attempted at least 65 passes from 1998-2018 sorted by descending ANY/A

Here is the same list, sorted ascending...

There are 241 qualifying QBs. He is the only one with a negative score.

• Like (+1) 1

Guys lets not overreact its only 1 game Peterman looked so good in  preseason and he looks like a legit starter in this league....................... HAHAHAHAHA sorry I cant write this crap anymore. They need to bring in a Vet and cut their losses on him now. Matt Moore comes to mind for me. Been around knows the league and can help along Allen

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Unfortunately, I don't know much about next years WR and OL crops at this point, I have been so busy lately I just haven't had time to dive into college lately.  But will start watching here soon as my schedule eases up a little.

I'm going to keep posting this link.  There is not a lot next year in FA.

Also as I keep saying, this is the starting FA list.  A lot of teams will resign their own.

Plus there is always other teams looking for OL in FA.

The only advantage having a lot of FA money (which a bunch of teams have more or almost as much as the Bills) is to overpay.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/offensive-line/

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm going to keep posting this link.  There is not a lot next year in FA.

Also as I keep saying, this is the starting FA list.  A lot of teams will resign their own.

Plus there is always other teams looking for OL in FA.

The only advantage having a lot of FA money (which a bunch of teams have more or almost as much as the Bills) is to overpay.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/offensive-line/

I saw that list earlier.  It's not great but it's still better than we have.

Plus you'd expect a few vets to be cap causalities as well.  Whatever it is, either through FA or the draft....we need to have better talent up front.  Just something above suck would be nice.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I saw that list earlier.  It's not great but it's still better than we have.

Plus you'd expect a few vets to be cap causalities as well.  Whatever it is, either through FA or the draft....we need to have better talent up front.  Just something above suck would be nice.

Well at least the Bills have Ducasse signed for next year.             Sorry!

I'm sure they will pursue as many decent upgrades as possible.

The thing is who they end up with is in question.

Could always trade for an OL, but the Bills don't have a lot of ammo there.

Signed Bills OL going into FA as of now is:

Bodine

Dawkins

Ducasse

Teller

McDermott

Not much of a core.