WNYTBDGPS pre-home opener Luncheon

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Before I forget, we better do this for Monday Night Football

I'm hoping to get into town Thursday and spend Thursday through Saturday in Brockport possibly going to Buffalo for the Metallica concert. Then end up Sunday in Orchard Park to go to Niagara Falls Fort Niagara Etc

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Before I forget, we better do this for Monday Night Football

I'm hoping to get into town Thursday and spend Thursday through Saturday in Brockport possibly going to Buffalo for the Metallica concert. Then end up Sunday in Orchard Park to go to Niagara Falls Fort Niagara Etc

curious what is in Brockport. used to be my old stompong grounds back in the day.

14 minutes ago, Foxx said:

curious what is in Brockport. used to be my old stompong grounds back in the day.

My family, that is in my dad's side.

If you're familiar with anyone from Brockport and do my family then you'd recognize it by my name

But if you go over to Rockport fire department protective's you can see a statue of my great grandpa, and there are several things around town that my family helped build in Brockport. I go back as often as I can. If it was not for my farm in North Carolina my mom's side but I inherited I would be up in New York. 

Just now, westside said:

Not much. A college, a small movie theater, some stores. A lot of college kids. That's about it. 

It's  a cute little town though.

There is Weggies, Tim Hortons, Brockport Diner, three generations of my family buried there, one of the most beautiful main streets in the world, and lots of college co-eds that are fresh meat (to look at, since I'm taken)

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

If you're familiar with anyone from Brockport and do my family then you'd recognize it by my name

But if you go over to Rockport fire department protective's you can see a statue of my great grandpa, and there are several things around town that my family helped build in Brockport. I go back as often as I can. If it was not for my farm in North Carolina my mom's side but I inherited I would be up in New York. 

There is Weggies, Tim Hortons, Brockport Diner, three generations of my family buried there, one of the most beautiful main streets in the world, and lots of college co-eds that are fresh meat (to look at, since I'm taken)

I've seen that statue at least 100 times. That is pretty awesome!

I like Brockport, it is a canal town that seems to be doing well. My inlaws lived there, my wife was from there. I have a lot of great memories there. From the festivals, bars I used to hang out at. Little towns like that are what makes America great. 

Thanks for sharing your family history, I really enjoyed reading about it.

34 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

But if you go over to Rockport fire department protective's you can see a statue of my great grandpa, and there are several things around town that my family helped build in Brockport. I go back as often as I can. If it was not for my farm in North Carolina my mom's side but I inherited I would be up in New York. ...

alright, cool. kinda figured it had to be family.

as i said that was one of the old stomping grounds. loved, loved, loved chasing the college girls all around town. some of the best years of my life there. 

i hope you enjoy the stay. you can take the boy out of the farm, but you cant take the farm out of the boy (a reference to Brockport, not your current place).

cheers.

4 minutes ago, westside said:

I've seen that statue at least 100 times. That is pretty awesome!

I like Brockport, it is a canal town that seems to be doing well. My inlaws lived there, my wife was from there. I have a lot of great memories there. From the festivals, bars I used to hang out at. Little towns like that are what makes America great. 

Thanks for sharing your family history, I really enjoyed reading about it.

My cousin is a cop there, another was a captain for the FD but resigned that post to serve a lower post due to health issues, my uncle is an exempt from the FD, my aunt a former special needs teacher at BPS (cousin's wife is a teacher there now, the other cousins husband has the great pumpkin patch in bport).

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

alright, cool. kinda figured it had to be family.

as i said that was one of the old stomping grounds. loved, loved, loved chasing the college girls all around town. some of the best years of my life there. 

i hope you enjoy the stay. you can take the boy out of the farm, but you cant take the farm out of the boy (a reference to Brockport, not your current place).

cheers.

I need to post the pork for Patriots thing they do every end of September

• Thank you (+1) 1