Is it time for Kaepernick?

mynmisoli

16 minutes ago, bubba_2ba said:

2016 - 16 TD's, 4 Int's, 90.7 QB Rating.

If not for the #MAGA racists, this guy would be the Bills starting QB.

So if you disagree with Kaep, his protests and his ideas you are racist ? Got it. 

7 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

Why is this even a topic? Some shill for kaep comes on the air with Murphy and Tasker and now we have to discuss this? Give it a rest, he's not coming here or any other team. He had one maybe 2 good years and fell off a cliff after that. Not happening, nor would I want that. 

The OP started this thread days before Peter King was on WGR. 

On 9/10/2018 at 11:13 PM, Dr.Sack said:

Of course they should sign Kaepernick unless they honestly think Peterman is better. Kaepernick on his worst day is 10x better than Peterman & 5x better than Allen are now. 

He lost his starting spot to Blaine Gabbert.  Does he know the playbook?  Is he in football shape?  Would he even sign a contract knowing he's in the middle of a collusion case with the NFL?  He's not worth the headache.  If we're really desperate, I'd rather them trade a 7th rounder for RG3.

Kaep is the best QB available, probably affordable since he doesn't have any NFL prospects, and is mobile.

Given how  bad Peterman and our OL are - he's a perfect fit.

I don't care about his politics.  This is football.  

19 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Some people buy all of Kaep’s BS. Even his backtracking....No way I want this clown on any team I root for. 

You rooted for the Bills when Richie played despite Richie's racist remarks?

But you won't  root for Kaep who's campaigning to end racism (albeit in a misguided way)?

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He lost his starting spot to Blaine Gabbert.  Does he know the playbook?  Is he in football shape?  Would he even sign a contract knowing he's in the middle of a collusion case with the NFL?  He's not worth the headache.  If we're really desperate, I'd rather them trade a 7th rounder for RG3.

Derek Anderson or finding a QB they like on a PS makes sense. But if it came down to Kaepernick or Johnny Football the choice is simple, Kaepernick. A player who has demonstrated the game is not too big for him to put up decent stats & a RPO offense can be installed around him. 

Edited by Dr.Sack

He'd have to go to a team with tremendous stability or it would become a huge circus of distractions .  If he ever signs to play again I could see him in New England.  Honestly that guy is so polarizing I worry some nut would shoot him.  Plus did he or didn't already turn down some opportunity to return?

On 9/11/2018 at 11:08 AM, Boatdrinks said:

Some people buy all of Kaep’s BS. Even his backtracking....No way I want this clown on any team I root for. 

....his early rise to success went to his head.......tats and poses took away his focus from what the hell he was getting paid for....FOOTBALL......

14 hours ago, bubba_2ba said:

2016 - 16 TD's, 4 Int's, 90.7 QB Rating.

If not for the #MAGA racists, this guy would be the Bills starting QB.

It’s so stupid how some fans pretend like he was so terrible his last year.  That 49ers team was more garbage than this Bills team.  Kerley was the best wr.  If Josh Allen had those numbers, people would be losing heir minds with excitement.

so sick of fake patriots.  Plastic faced Jerry Jones would sign a player if he beat his wife but Kaepernick is where he draws the line.  

I want  the best football team of non criminals.  But let’s stick with scrubs like Peterman.  So entertaining.

13 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

He'd have to go to a team with tremendous stability or it would become a huge circus of distractions .  If he ever signs to play again I could see him in New England.  Honestly that guy is so polarizing I worry some nut would shoot him.  Plus did he or didn't already turn down some opportunity to return?

Haha, what a bunch of losers in this country.  They get more upset about a silent protester than women beaters and school shootings.  So many losers in this country. 

• Like (+1) 1

If we can keep this strictly to football, his career is over. Along with Tebow and any other flash in the pan washed up quarterback out of the league for years. You don’t just hop back into a starting or even backup quarterback job after being away from the league for years at a time. 

There is ZERO reason to sign him. Zero.

Plenty of other quarterbacks who are capable backups who have been active in the league and also have that thing called “potential and upside” 

Kap has none of that. We seen what he is when he played and it wasn’t very special minus one playoff game against the packers where he looked like a god (Tebow vs Steelers) 

This is Josh Allen’s year to sink or swim, nobody brought in should distract from that or even threaten his job security this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not only is he better option then NP but the Bills franchise could win over many black players as future free agents .  End of the day not the worst idea,  he is mobile and any QB needs to be mobile behind our line.   Start Allen and if he is not ready to have an option which NP is not

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 1

I support the idea of signing him but no significant free agent is gonna be like “Well the Bills have a really crappy team but they did sign Kaepernick to be a backup QB. I’ll go there.”

Free agents will come if and only if Buffalo is willing to pay them a lot of money. 

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Not only is he better option then NP but the Bills franchise could win over many black players as future free agents .  End of the day not the worst idea,  he is mobile and any QB needs to be mobile behind our line.   Start Allen and if he is not ready to have an option which NP is not

How about we make Al Sharpton special teams coach too.

Kaep has been out of football for 2+ years and would be a huge distraction at this point. Also, now that we've named Allen QB1 you don't want to turn around and immediately give him a vote of no confidence by signing a guy who's perceived to be good enough to take his job. That needed to happen before Allen was named starter. At this point, you want JA to be the undisputed guy that the locker room rallies behind.

McBeane made their bed and now they have to lie in it.

I support the idea of signing him. Even if I disagreed with his reasons for protesting, I would still support it because I'm an adult and able to separate things.

He checks the boxes of what they need. Veteran, experience starting, mobile, not Nathan Peterman.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I agree, but there are two problems with it:  1) Kaep hasn’t played in a while and is going to be VERY rusty; and 2) I can’t think of a fan base in league that would be less likely to accept him.