Is it time for Kaepernick?

mynmisoli

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

Apples and oranges, man. 

Kaep was protesting police brutality, then orange-man donny boy makes it about the military. Kaep never said he sacrificed his life for his country. 

That commercial was awful. I agree with his cause, I think he's an idiot though and a terrible leader. Most people can't understand that though.

I wouldn't sign him. If his skill set was something the team wanted, they would have kept Tyrod, or drafted Jackson.  I respect Kaep for making his position as impactful as possible.  I also wouldn't support an organization that employs someone that promotes a blanket negative perception of law enforcement.  Or promotes a brutal dictator like Fidel Castro, while saying he meant just the investment in education portion of his agenda.... imagine some racist a$$hat whereing a David duke shirt saying he only agreed with his pursuit of public service through political office.   

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, Mr. WEO said:

It would be difficult for Kaep to turn down any NFl roster offer, I would think.  He can't claim persecution/collusion if an offer is made and he refuses it.

My guess would be vis a vis any collusion case that rather than accept any offer to him he just

1. Shows due diligence in considering the offer by traveling to the town of the team (and takes any additional steps that due diligence demands based on the siz of the offer and any terms demanded- such as he agrees not to kneel)

2. Turns down the offer and publicly declares the Bills offer was below the market rate (the market rate he requires is some # well above the NFL minimum if only cause he Bills are so desperate for an NFL vet QB with some past success  and certainly if the Bills require in anyway he sacrifice his right to be an American if the Bills want him to not protest silently and reverently.

3. Use the Bills offer but failure to reach (in his opinion) as clear evidence he can still play and contribute but in addition collusion between the owners has resulted not only in a failure to make him an offer but the one case an offer was made it was an obvious lowball offer.

Thinking about it I think there is a fair chance that even if we wanted him (which I don't think we do Kaep would almost certainly not want to play behind our sad OL.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Dopey said:

Apples and oranges, man. 

Kaep was protesting police brutality, then orange-man donny boy makes it about the military. Kaep never said he sacrificed his life for his country. 

Good point. I'm biased coming from a military family. However I dont  need Trump to say anything to feel how I feel. Here's food for thought: Some folks say the Redskins need to change their name based on how people FEEL about it....right or wrong. Same with kneeling, right or wrong there are some folks with intense feelings about seeing that. Originally I was against the Redskins pressure to change their name. But now....if I'm for standing for the anthem because of people (military) expressing feelings that it disrespects their sacrifice, then so be it. It's a convoluted topic for sure. So how do you really feel about Trump? Lol.....

8 hours ago, JM57 said:

Note to you...Pat Tillman's friends and family want people like you to stop invoking his name in topics like this.

I am not the type of sports fan that worships players. I don't have sports heroes. Tillman is probably as close as it gets. The more I learned about him, the more I admired him as a person. Yeah, he went overseas after 9/11 out of a sense of duty. But by the time he was done, he thought it was all a waste of time and money and complete BS. He was planning on speaking out against the war. Because that's who he was. He refused to be put in a box, into any kind of stereotype. He wouldn't want to be a martyr for discussions over patriotism, so don't disrespect his legacy by doing so

Because I bring receipts:

Marie Tillman 2017

Marie Tillman 2018

Deadspin: Stop Using Pat Tillman

Regardless of the outcome....I do have a certain respect for someone who decides to join the military knowing what the potential outcome could be. With that respect and your information in the post, it was not the best idea to invoke his name. Thanks for the info.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, KingRex said:

My guess would be vis a vis any collusion case that rather than accept any offer to him he just

1. Shows due diligence in considering the offer by traveling to the town of the team (and takes any additional steps that due diligence demands based on the siz of the offer and any terms demanded- such as he agrees not to kneel)

2. Turns down the offer and publicly declares the Bills offer was below the market rate (the market rate he requires is some # well above the NFL minimum if only cause he Bills are so desperate for an NFL vet QB with some past success  and certainly if the Bills require in anyway he sacrifice his right to be an American if the Bills want him to not protest silently and reverently.

3. Use the Bills offer but failure to reach (in his opinion) as clear evidence he can still play and contribute but in addition collusion between the owners has resulted not only in a failure to make him an offer but the one case an offer was made it was an obvious lowball offer.

Thinking about it I think there is a fair chance that even if we wanted him (which I don't think we do Kaep would almost certainly not want to play behind our sad OL.

If I was him, I wouldn't pay my lawyer to say make this opening statement: "the proof of the NFL's collusion to deny my client's employment in the league will be proven not by lack of an offer of employment, but by an  offer an NFL team made that was less than he feels he is worth"...

6 hours ago, The Process said:

Good point. I'm biased coming from a military family. However I dont  need Trump to say anything to feel how I feel. Here's food for thought: Some folks say the Redskins need to change their name based on how people FEEL about it....right or wrong. Same with kneeling, right or wrong there are some folks with intense feelings about seeing that. Originally I was against the Redskins pressure to change their name. But now....if I'm for standing for the anthem because of people (military) expressing feelings that it disrespects their sacrifice, then so be it. It's a convoluted topic for sure. So how do you really feel about Trump? Lol.....

Regardless of the outcome....I do have a certain respect for someone who decides to join the military knowing what the potential outcome could be. With that respect and your information in the post, it was not the best idea to invoke his name. Thanks for the info.

I don't want any warnings here, so I'll leave that one alone. I hear you on the respect aspect. I am ex military and a former 1st responder with Florida's DEM and I never took offense to Kaep Kneeling. He was quietly and peacefully protesting. True story: I used to attend basketball games with a buddy who would not stand for the anthem. I didn't like it, but respected it...until he started to mumble stuff as the anthem was playing. I told him in no uncertain terms "that will not work with me! You have the right to not stand, but now you are taking it too far." He apologized and we haven't had an issue since.

12 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

That commercial was awful. I agree with his cause, I think he's an idiot though and a terrible leader. Most people can't understand that though.

And I respect your opinion.

See folks, this is how it should work.

13 hours ago, the skycap said:

Trying to appeal to Fox News viewers is a waste my man!! #fakenews. #voteforchange

?

Edited by Dopey
typo

43 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

We should sign him Mike Vick got a second chance for committing felonies Josh Gordon on his 3rd and 4th chance just imagine how much it would stick in the crawl of the man who wanted to steal our team 

Oh yeah it would stick in the crawl of POTUS, and surely harm his self of steam. Too many it would be a fresh of breath air !

1 hour ago, Rufridr101 said:

We should sign him Mike Vick got a second chance for committing felonies Josh Gordon on his 3rd and 4th chance just imagine how much it would stick in the crawl of the man who wanted to steal our team 

Vick served his time and could still play

Don't you believe in another chance for someone who has served his time and hopefully learned his lesson?

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Don't you believe in another chance for someone who has served his time and hopefully learned his lesson?

Absolutely believe in second chances does kapernick need to do time

It's definitely time to bring kapernick in as a backup to Allen cut Peterman this would have free agents wanting to play for buffalo it would give the organization a boost in profile and class 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Putin said:

Brah this is NOT Russia people choose to join the military , for various reasons and I prey for every one of them to come home safe regardless of  their political view , religion, color , financial situation , 

quit freakin politicizing everything! 

God Bless USA ?? !!!! 

Brah, it's "pray" and not "prey".

36 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

A good idea, IMO.

Eisenhower warned about the influence of the 'Military Industrial Complex' in his 1961 'Farewell' speech.

(Check it out on YouTube)

Since the 1960's, (at least) Wars are fought for resources, and $$$. Places like Darfur are ignored, since there is no profit motive to go in there.

That being said, our men, and women who step into combat, will always fight on a field of Valor, and Bravery.

The people sending them there, will shout from the hills, that the Troops are fighting for "freedom", as they count up their windfall...  They don't care about the Flag, Freedom, or the Constitution...

It's a Madison Avenue con job, and kids from the lowest economic wrung of the ladder, buy into it, and bear the brunt. The Anthem is part of that public reinforcement. Many home towns, have banner's of 'Hometown Hero's' hanging from light poles. We paint too many things in drab Olive, (etc.) while insulating Americans from the media coverage of war, and even denying the public reporting of returning Flag draped, caskets

Bring out the Anthem everywhere, for July 4th. Make it special......

This is all more or less correct.

You get it.  Most folks don't.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What to know why players kneel??? A guy got killed in his own apartment by a cop who was on the wrong floor.  Now the police used a search warrant to discover weed in his apartment!!!

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Keapernick= Al Bundy sucked at football now selling shoes !!! 

Kaepernick has achieved a lot more at his career than you have.  

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

It’s crazy that Kaepernick is getting compared to felons.  Even crazier is some fans are more ok with felons playing for their team than a silent protestor.

you are such a great American!!!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What to know why players kneel??? A guy got killed in his own apartment by a cop who was on the wrong floor.  Now the police used a search warrant to discover weed in his apartment!!!

Kaepernick has achieved a lot more at his career than you have.  

It’s crazy that Kaepernick is getting compared to felons.  Even crazier is some fans are more ok with felons playing for their team than a silent protestor.

you are such a great American!!!

So, in a country of 330m people an incident involving two people we don’t know any details about vaidates a highly questionable narrative perpetuated by tactics from a book called “rules for radicals”? 

Got it. 

??‍♀️ 

Colin Kaepernick's lawyer hints that two teams might be interested in adding the free-agent QB

For the second year in a row, Colin Kaepernick's lawyer, Mark Geragos, is predicting that his client could soon be back in the NFL

During a recent interview with TMZ, Geragos was asked if he thought Kaepernick would be making a return to the NFL in 2018, and he gave a very interesting answer.

"This is what I'm going to predict," Geragos said. "I would just say stay tuned, that next week there may be some news."

So is Geragos predicting that he's going to sign with someone?

"That's as far as I'm going to go," Geragos said, before going farther.
  • Like (+1) 1