Is it time for Kaepernick?

mynmisoli

24 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

If you really think he's bad for business, you may want to rethink that. The country is changing, and the a-hole who milks the issue the most has very low approval ratings. I'm not saying he's great for business, but I think the idea that he's bad for it is not based on any real evidence.

That a-hole you refer to has very strong approval ratings amongst citizens who would describe themselves as Republican. Obviously Nike thinks Kaep is good for business. They just are going after a different demographic. The owner of Nike May also lean towards Kaep on the issue, where many NFL owners don’t. Nike got some backlash, but they chose to not care about those customers. I’m not the one who needs to re think anything here. We’re talking about multi billion dollar corporations. There is evidence that many NFL fans are turned off by Kaep. It’s just who you choose to listen to. 

33 minutes ago, mannc said:

Kaepernick denies the Ravens offered him a contract and Ray Lewis’s comments support that denial.

...he thinks he is starter material......not a very good football player...success came way too early and he lost his focus and work ethic.......opposing DC's figured him out in short order.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You see, there you go.  No one said anything about Nike (and they make more than shoes) before this Kap ad.  Jus like how you didn't rant online about it, didn't lecture your friends or family to protest Nike, etc.  It was a non issue, just like ALL the crap people buy thats made over seas in poor conditions, because if you think its limited to just Nike or shoes, then you are naive.  

So sorry, I dont want to hear about no sweat shop garage from people who wear, eat, and use all kinds of things daily made in poor conditions across the world by all kinds of brands.  And why should Joe Mixon get kept out of the NFL if guys who did worse have not?  I find this selective reasoning fascinating to be honest.  If Mixon cant play, then none of the others should have been allowed to play either.  And, Kap never harmed a single person, while these others killed animals, people, and abused women and children.  So its not even comparable circumstances.

I also find it interesting you called Kap scum when he has done more good for kids, communities, and people than probably this whole board combined BEFORE he ever even started kneeling.  Let me know when you give millions to kids and communities...let me know when you give countless hours of your time to help children, youth programs, and charities.  I actually do some myself, but even I cant hold a candle to how much Kap actually did.  You think he is scum because he stood for something he believed just because you dont approve of the forum he chose to do it.  Yet you dont know Kap at all as a person, he is a media creation you have bought hook line and sinker.  

Im ok if people disagree with his choice of forum, but to call him scum shows me you know nothing about the man and choose to make this about you not about the reality of what really happened.  I would bet everything I own in my life that 98% of the people upset that he doesn't stand are also NOT standing when watching the game at home or in a bar.  Every single person I know closely that is pissed he doesn't stand, has never even once stood themselves when I have watched games with them, unless in the stadium.  Country full of hyorocites who aren't standing themselves.  The last 2 years, I have yet to be in any bar where anyone has stood for the national anthem even once, in fact, they dont even have the courtesy to stop talking, drinking or eating during it.

PS:  He never trashed the country, he never trashed the military...what he said was trash is our social injustice, and he is right, it is trash and something that still needs to change here.

I will only reply to this once because i feel that your last portion is so ignorant- but you do not get to disrespect the american flag and then pretend you are not disrepecting the people it applies to the most( the military) that would be like saying i am going to pee all over the buffalo bills flag due to some fans but mean no disrespect to the players themselves. Kapernick is not a horrible thug but he is not very bright if he thought kneeling would not insult the majority of soldiers. 

19 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Peterman has no arm.  If that concept ever required proof, today was the day.

and yet the bills drafted him and he ended up being our starter. I blame peterman not one iota. The blame is on pegula,the GM and the coaches.

cripe a 10 yr old kid looking at film could tell that peterman cant play football. The bills have serious problems with common sense.--

Lets hope Beane can clean this up.

5 minutes ago, paulbills said:

oh god... ? I don't know what's worse, the possibility of even signing Kaepernick or the fact that people legitimately want him on this team. ?‍♂️

Kaep could restore us to mediocrity

1 minute ago, Tcali said:

and yet the bills drafted him and he ended up being our starter. I blame peterman not one iota. The blame is on pegula,the GM and the coaches.

cripe a 10 yr old kid looking at film could tell that peterman cant play football. The bills have serious problems with common sense.--

Lets hope Beane can clean this up.

Kaep could restore us to mediocrity

...so could Testaverde......besides mediocrity breeds contempt................

17 hours ago, StrikeParry said:

Peterman is toast. He’s trent edwards after the adrian wilson hit. And unless he has the iron will of someone like winston churchill or someone comparable, he ain’t ever coming back.

Would Kaep cost that much at this point?

He’s backup caliber? Do we really know that though? When various NFL teams today started people like Nathan Peterman, Sam Bradford, Case Keenum, Tyrod Taylor? Is Kaep a ‘backup’ on every team? I don’t think so. 

The way which NFL contracts are structured.. a 5th round rookie vs a vet who has many years in the league? The difference would be a lot. And this is based on union contacts, minimums, etc. 

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

PS:  He never trashed the country, he never trashed the military...what he said was trash is our social injustice, and he is right, it is trash and something that still needs to change here.

1st off, thanks for taking the time to write what you did, as it gets exhausting I know. But it's sad but true when I say that you're never gonna change that segment of the population who 'believes' that bs is true. Propaganda is a powerful tool & the message has been hammered into them over & over again. Not to veer too far from this subject, but 70% of Americans believed Saddam Hussein was behind 9-11. 2 years after that horrible day. That doesn't happen by accident, nor would those who believed that, ever admit to being duped by their sources. Most likely for the fear of feeling wrong or just plain ignorance.

But whats happened with Kap is ironic on all sorts of levels, for various reasons. But one thing that comes to mind is how you always hear people say that these athletes only care about the money. Well here's a guy who has given up all that money for taking a stand on what he feels is an injustice in our society & he gets bashed non stop for being this or being that.

Kap has never said he hates America, he never stuck his middle finger out & said: 'screw you flag'. He's repeatedly stated what his protest was about, but all you hear from these people is what the pundits say it is, & not what the guy doing it has told you it was about.

Perhaps people are listening to the wrong people lol.

But on the issue of CK playing in the NFL. Nobody in their right mind can say that Kaepernick isn't a better QB than the Nathan Peterman's of this league. The people that say CK would be a career backup, are either deluded or missing the point. But ok then, Frank Reich was a career backup. Nick Foles is a career backup, dude won a SB last year. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a career backup. Dude threw for over 400 yards & 4 TD's Sunday. Career backups don't always stay as backups & they're vital to a teams success. And CK is 100% more talented than Peterman & a lot of other QB's out there.

Proof he belongs in the NFL with his career statline:

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.221547f09ddd1c345f665bb52839b85d.png

• Thank you (+1) 1