Is it time for Kaepernick?

mynmisoli

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If we cared about putting the best players out there, he would be on our team.  Allen should be delayed playing as long as positive.

if only Kaepernick beat a woman!

If only Kaepernick hadn't quit, he might be playing.

People forget that: he walked away from his team.  No one wants to sign a player that does that.

• Like (+1) 1

Look, I like Kaep well enough, and I think he's been treated unfairly. There is no way that he is a worse starting QB than Peterman.

That said, we drafted Allen and invested in him. At this point, he seems to be alright with checking his reads, and his accuracy is nowhere near as bad as predicted. His biggest flaw seems to be that he still needs to feel where pressure is coming from. The only way that we are going to see that is getting him on the field. It can't be worse than what we saw from Peterman to lead us to 40-0.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsblood said:

Do I dare say it...... it may be time for Colin Kaepernick to come in for a work out.

The media circus it would bring may be just what this team needs,

It would divert attention away from this sad roster and give Allen a back up who has played it this league.

If you put aside his politics: there is no way he is not a better QB than Pickerman.

Ill be the first one to buy a pair of nikes with a bills logo on it.

No, just stop

4 hours ago, billsblood said:

Do I dare say it...... it may be time for Colin Kaepernick to come in for a work out.

The media circus it would bring may be just what this team needs,

It would divert attention away from this sad roster and give Allen a back up who has played it this league.

If you put aside his politics: there is no way he is not a better QB than Pickerman.

Ill be the first one to buy a pair of nikes with a bills logo on it.

Yes.

Plus, and this is not the reason I said yes, I like his politics. 

6 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Look, I like Kaep well enough, and I think he's been treated unfairly. There is no way that he is a worse starting QB than Peterman.

That said, we drafted Allen and invested in him. At this point, he seems to be alright with checking his reads, and his accuracy is nowhere near as bad as predicted. His biggest flaw seems to be that he still needs to feel where pressure is coming from. The only way that we are going to see that is getting him on the field. It can't be worse than what we saw from Peterman to lead us to 40-0.

Knock on wood.

knock on wood hard.

Beating the s*** out of a piece of wood with my head!

That being said, if anything were to happen to Allen...what the hell, why not.  I'd do it.

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

You missed the entire point. I'm saying his talent does not outweigh the headaches. That wont work. Never has.

The original point of the thread is that there is no way Kapernick is worse than Peterman, who has started NFL games, which means there are other reasons he has been offered an opportunity to join a roster.

Him being a distraction isn't an excuse because there are multiple players, good and bad, who have caused distractions.

It's obvious that he's being black listed.  He might not be among the best 32 QBs in the league, but after watching Peterman try to play QB, you can't argue that he's not among the best 64 QBs in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Can we call the Raiders and get AJ back? We haven’t used the draft pick yet?

LOL I know what you mean.  "Hi, Gruden?  This is Beane.....um, AJ just failed his exit physical, can we rescind that trade?  What do you mean, there's no such thing as an exit physical?  Well there ought to be.  Look, we haven't used the draft pick yet, so can we just have a do-over?"

Just now, DC Tom said:

Yes, he did.  He opted out of his contract.

That’s not “quitting”.  It’s opting out of his contract to become a free agent.  Plenty of players have done it.  It turned out to be a poor decision for his career but it hardly makes him a quitter.  Your post is intellectually dishonest and you know it.

4 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

Never, he's trash on and off the field, this staff would never ever sign that guy.

"Trash", really? For protesting? I personally think "trash" should be reserved for somebody like Jameis Winston rather than a decent dude who never hit a woman, but I guess we have different standards.

Kaepernick is light years beyond Peterman, but would clearly be a terrible fit for this fanbase...

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

That’s not “quitting”.  It’s opting out of his contract to become a free agent.  Plenty of players have done it.  It turned out to be a poor decision for his career but it hardly makes him a quitter.  Your post is intellectually dishonest and you know it.

He had a job and voluntarily left it. He quit.

• Like (+1) 3