Is it time for Kaepernick?

mynmisoli

It's time to panic if you were expecting anything more than what you saw from the 1st team in the preseason.  This isn't just a one off poor performance.  After the Carolina game the 1st team on both sides looked challenged to say the least.  At this point they will be lucky to win even one game.  They could possibly set some dubious records this season.  I don't see them being even competitive in any game this year.  Brings back bad memories from the 80's.  At this point why not bring in Kap?  This season is a slow motion train wreck.  Just find something better to do on Sunday and look forward to the 1st pick and getting out of cap jail.  No amount of coaching and scheming will make up for how little NFL talent is on the roster right now.  The only perplexing thing is the D.  The offense ya we all expected them to be this bad but the D?  They're getting gashed for over 10 a pop.  So getting back to the subject ya why not?   

Absolutely not...and I am someone that SUPPORTS his right to the protests he has done.

Let me run my own "process" on him. First and foremost, would he upgrade the roster? Yes, he would likely be an upgrade on Peterman. Not seeing him play in 2 years I would need to work him out. See uf hes in shape. 

Second, would he fit in with the locker room? That I cannot answer as I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. For the sake of argument let's say he is a fit. Third, does he have any off the field issues that would detract from his availability (pending suspensions) or ability to play? I would say no to this as well.

Now on to the intangibles. Would he want to come here? Unknown. Would he cause a distraction? Absolutely. Does his talent warrant the distraction? Absolutely not. 

At the end of the day, he really showed promise as a young player. Once Harbaugh bolted for Michigan, he regressed. I also would have a hard time justifying tothe league why I am bringing in a guy that is taking them to court and wouldn't want to risk being on the bad side of Goodell.

All things considered, when players like Geno Smith and Peterman have a job, talent wise Kap has a place. When you add in the circus he would cause and the negative attention it would bring...his talent does not outweigh the negativity.

I'm not a fan of his as a player or a protestor

But that said, let the protests work in our favor.  After a few weeks of getting beat up behind this line (and sucking in general, as CK has been known to do), he would inevitably play the race card.  Old whitey defensive players are out to get him, thus neutralizing any white defensive player from being allowed to touch him.

White starters will be subbed for black backups.  After a few weeks of punishment by black only defensive players, it will of course be the white plantation owners punishing him with the help of Uncle Tom defenders.

At which point CK will have a bubble of Ref protection comparable to Brady.  In hindsight we really should have signed him sooner so The Narrative could have started in training camp and we'd be on our way to another Wild Card

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Perry Turtle said:

Kapernick isn't the first NFL player who caused a distraction, there's list a mile long of players (and Owners) who caused distractions, who were welcomed back into the locker room.

NFL teams have dealt with distractions for decades.  Many outstanding teams thrived despite those distractions.  So claiming that Kapernick is untouchable because he might cause a distraction is just not believable.  

You missed the entire point. I'm saying his talent does not outweigh the headaches. That wont work. Never has.

6 hours ago, Idandria said:

I hate saying this but captain checkdown was WAYYY better than Peterman has ever shown. Edwards had good games and even won a few. Peterman.. do I need to even go there? 

You mean except when he ran out of bounds on 4th and 10 on the opposition 40 yard line when were down a score late in the 4th quarter behind the LOS instead of throwing the ball up there? I mean it might have been picked...can't have that...

1 hour ago, THE SLAMMER said:

Last time he played he looked no better then Petermen

Kaepernick's stats in his last game.  You're RIGHT.  Looks almost identical to Peterman's line.  122.3 QBR compared to um...let's see....uh...zero.  Yep.  Identical.

Sun 1/1

vs

L 23-25 17 22 215 77.3 9.77 29 1 0 35.1 122.3 5 16 3.2 11 0
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't think Colin Kaepernick would do anything that would disrupt his status as the world's wealthiest perpetual victim. 

But no reasonable person could conclude Nate Peterman is a better QB than Kaepernick.  Also no reasonable person could conclude that Peterman is better than Tim Tebow or Johnny Manziel.