Scott Van Pelt on ESPN

10 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Need to tweak the formula or they won't be doing it much longer.

Similar to mid-size papers like The Buffalo News.

It's incredible to me that ESPN was so successful so long trying to do that. As soon as Chris Berman, Dan Patrick, Keith Olberman (before he turned into an !@#$), etc. exploded on the scene they were fresh and funny and reported sports a new way and it was extremely entertaining for a few years. Everyone they hired since then tries to be funny and sucks balls at it. It's been tired for 20 years. But only the last few have they really been hit hard and that has been due to a lot of variables. 

2 hours ago, Idandria said:

Saying we are the worst team isn’t a hot take. It’s the truth til we prove otherwise. 

This is true. It's where I'm at. Until we prove everyone wrong, they have every right to say we suck, because we do.  I Billieve that Allen will help lift the offense from disgustingly putrid to pretty bad and at times watchable. We make some moves on the O-line and pick up some decent WR, then I'm thinking we to move up to respectable.

The D is another story. They need to get pass rush help and someone to cover, but that's probably not going to happen. We need Murph and Star to step it up.

5 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Just said that we’re the worst team in the NFL. But he also said “there is some good news Billsmafia, you all like to drink. And break stuff. And light stuff on fire”.....

A lot of people on TV, radio, Twitter and anyone else that can have their opinions known will all say the same thing.

And They aren't wrong.

5 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's incredible to me that ESPN was so successful so long trying to do that. As soon as Chris Berman, Dan Patrick, Keith Olberman (before he turned into an !@#$), etc. exploded on the scene they were fresh and funny and reported sports a new way and it was extremely entertaining for a few years. Everyone they hired since then tries to be funny and sucks balls at it. It's been tired for 20 years. But only the last few have they really been hit hard and that has been due to a lot of variables. 

The old-timers reported the story and the facts then added in some relevant commentary.  Now everybody on sports news and news in general is compelled to tell their opinion and are more entertainers than sportscasters.  I don;t even know who Scott Van Pelt is nor do I care to know or what makes him qualified to conclude anything.  Yeah, the Bills were absolutely awful yesterday but if you're not part of the 'Bills family' then keep your mouth shut and don't insult one of the best fan bases in sports.   

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Van Pelt is kind of an expert on worst in the league type of things.  The company he works for is the worst in their league, and the show he hosts is abysmal.  Glass house there Scott.

Dissing SVP doesn't change the fact that the Bills sucked, and don't look like they'll improve any time soon.

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Well at least there are the Sabres and Rasmus Dahlin, Jack Eichel and Casey Middlestadt to look forward to...they assuredly cannot be last place in the NHL bad anymore with that type of elite level talent in the lineup now...

They got any big guys over there than can play OL?

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Well at least there are the Sabres and Rasmus Dahlin, Jack Eichel and Casey Middlestadt to look forward to...they assuredly cannot be last place in the NHL bad anymore with that type of elite level talent in the lineup now...

and if that doesn't work, at least there's the season premiere of "young sheldon" to look forward to.