Taking a look at Brandon Beane's acquisitions.

Klaista2k

32 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yeah, let's bring back 7 years of failure over 1 bad game. :doh:

We had good talent with Whaley but I felt that Rex keep us out of the playoffs for 2 years.

Granted we didn't look like SB champs under Whaley but today was total incompetence.

I went to the game today and if i see McDermott or Beane in person I will ask for my money back!

13 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The AJ signing was pretty cheap and a decent idea. The mistake was playing Nate, which wasn't Beane's call. I thought all along that they should start Allen, get him some experience and AJ is a mediocre but decent backup on a cheap contract. That wasn't a bad idea. 

After one game there there is no way to evaluate Star and Trent Murphy. Neither played well but it is one game. 

Newhouse and Bodine were terrible signings. They weren't good players before, and they have shown that since. Not addressing the OL seriously even though he was dealt a bad hand with Wood and Richie, is inexcusable. Combined with McD not keeping our guy who beats up teenagers on pool lounges for Juan Castillo who is awful, is a double whammy. 

The Coleman trade to me isn't really fair to criticize too much unless you didn't think it was worth it when it happened. The fans were the ones so excited about the apparent steal. I think Beane and McD knew there was a good chance that Coleman was not going to make the team, and the $3m risk was worth it at the time. That said, not having any legit speed guy, which necessitated the trade, was on Beane and McD. They didn't address a glaring weakness. 

Beane and McDermott have yet to prove they know anything at all about offense. I do like Josh and if he is good that goes a LONG way, but the 20 or so moves so far, not counting Josh, have been awful. 

Im with you 100%.

27 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

So you're crediting Benjamin with breaking the drought, but blaming Tyrod for the lack of his production? 

That's a very convenient stance.

Not at all....I’m saying Benjamin was traded for because the team was making a push for the playoffs.  They got there.  It wasn’t because of Benjamin but he did help, so you are being over dramatic with your assessment.  

5 minutes ago, VADC Bills said:

We had good talent with Whaley but I felt that Rex keep us out of the playoffs for 2 years.

Granted we didn't look like SB champs under Whaley but today was total incompetence.

I went to the game today and if i see McDermott or Beane in person I will ask for my money back!

If Whaley is such a good GM why hasn’t he been hired in two years.  Case and point, John Dorsey was fired by KC, and hired months later by Cleveland.

48 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

he spend a decent amount of money this offseason a solved zero problems.    It is great that they will have 60 plus million to spend this off season but will there be any players worth buying?  Can Beane identify the players to sign.  Don't forget he gave up a ton of draft capable to move up twice.  He made his bed let's see how it plays out,   

Players have to want to come here too. The way they treated Richie was shameful. Players take notice.

14 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The AJ signing was pretty cheap and a decent idea. The mistake was playing Nate, which wasn't Beane's call. I thought all along that they should start Allen, get him some experience and AJ is a mediocre but decent backup on a cheap contract. That wasn't a bad idea. 

After one game there there is no way to evaluate Star and Trent Murphy. Neither played well but it is one game. 

Newhouse and Bodine were terrible signings. They weren't good players before, and they have shown that since. Not addressing the OL seriously even though he was dealt a bad hand with Wood and Richie, is inexcusable. Combined with McD not keeping our guy who beats up teenagers on pool lounges for Juan Castillo who is awful, is a double whammy. 

The Coleman trade to me isn't really fair to criticize too much unless you didn't think it was worth it when it happened. The fans were the ones so excited about the apparent steal. I think Beane and McD knew there was a good chance that Coleman was not going to make the team, and the $3m risk was worth it at the time. That said, not having any legit speed guy, which necessitated the trade, was on Beane and McD. They didn't address a glaring weakness. 

Beane and McDermott have yet to prove they know anything at all about offense. I do like Josh and if he is good that goes a LONG way, but the 20 or so moves so far, not counting Josh, have been awful. 

Honestly.........I had no idea Coleman's money was guaranteed when they first swung the trade.

That would have been a deal breaker to me if they weren't certain about letting him develop on the roster..........and as ****ty as this WR corps is it is that seemed a safe bet.

What it shows me is all the penny pinching and "killing money now in hopes of having more later" hasn't worked out like they planned and they are finding out the dollar doesn't go as far as they were valuing it when McD first arrived.

I realize that the punch powl pissers have taken over the board while most of the sensible fans have called it a night.....but I will bite

There are names on that list that you have no idea how they are going to work out until we get more of a sample size

Todays portion of that sample size did not look good.....but it is a 16 game season

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Honestly.........I had no idea Coleman's money was guaranteed when they first swung the trade.

That would have been a deal breaker to me if they weren't certain about letting him develop on the roster..........and as ****ty as this WR corps is it is that seemed a safe bet.

What it shows me is all the penny pinching and "killing money now in hopes of having more later" hasn't worked out like they planned and they are finding out the dollar doesn't go as far as they were valuing it when McD first arrived.

It's tough to know the real story with Coleman. The $3m bothers me but I don't really think they are going to spend the money they have. Obviously they knew about the 3m beforehand, and the 7th rounder two years from now is nothing for the flyer. I just think that MCDermott's insistence on Boy Scouts hurts the team more than it helps it. And they didn't like his attitude in two weeks so they weren't willing to wait on him when they could have cut Foster and signed him to the PS in case Coleman didn't work out. If Coleman was such an ass that he didn't bother to learn the playbook then Beane should have known that and never made the trade. 

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Beane's pro personnel dept has not got off to a good start.  Maybe that will change with a better cap position next season?  Say what you will about Whaley as a GM, but he found some good FA acquisitions.

Yes and his team did the evaluations last year which got us several very good acquisitions.   

It is a shame they needed to burn the entire team to get rid of Whaley rather than just build on the good parts.  Same as for coaches who were good.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

This year's free agent class looks horrendous.

The Lotuleilei contract is terrible. Not everyone likes them, but PFF graded him as the 2nd worst DT in the NFL last year and we give a one dimensional run defender $10 mil per season. 

This is possibly the least talented Bills roster we've had over the past 20 years. 

It’s reminding me of the 2001 sad sack bunch. Avion Black and Brandon Spoon anyone?

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's tough to know the real story with Coleman. The $3m bothers me but I don't really think they are going to spend the money they have. Obviously they knew about the 3m beforehand, and the 7th rounder two years from now is nothing for the flyer. I just think that MCDermott's insistence on Boy Scouts hurts the team more than it helps it. And they didn't like his attitude in two weeks so they weren't willing to wait on him when they could have cut Foster and signed him to the PS in case Coleman didn't work out. If Coleman was such an ass that he didn't bother to learn the playbook then Beane should have known that and never made the trade. 

Foster wouldn’t have made it to the PS. Coleman is a bum.

Just now, Sky Diver said:

Foster wouldn’t have made it to the PS. Coleman is a bum.

He wasn't drafted and he didn't do anything in preseason. Why would anyone automatically put him on their 53 without trying him out? Not to mention that even if someone claimed him we could have still signed him and convinced him to stay. 

6 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Still banging this drum?

HE AGREED TO THE PAY CUT

Nobody wants to come here because we suck, and have sucked for decades now.

He signed a bad contract. He shouldn’t have been offered that contract to begin with.

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He wasn't drafted and he didn't do anything in preseason. Why would anyone automatically put him on their 53 without trying him out? Not to mention that even if someone claimed him we could have still signed him and convinced him to stay. 

And nearly everyone here gave him a zero chance of making the team. So clearly there is a disconnect between fans’ perception and his true value.

Edited by Sky Diver

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

AJ Mccarron - Disappointment and then traded away for a 5th.

Vontae Davis - Benched

Trent Murphy - Looks like damaged goods

Star Louteleli - 50 million really? Looks like a terrible signing. 

K. Benjamin - Has been a huge disappointment. Can see why Carolina got rid of him. 

Russell Bodine - Another bad signing. 

These all look like really bad signings. 

Is Beane just a bad talent evaluator or what? 

Don't you read this board?  It was all Tyrod's fault.  All of it.

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Should have kept Tyrod and used the draft capital rather than pissing it away.  Either that or <GASP> signed Kaepernick.  If you believe he is worse than Peterman you need to take a hard look at your life.

As my buddy said, if we signed Kaepernick and made him play behind this line it would be considered racist. 

• Haha (+1) 1