The bears stole mack wow

Rufridr101

19 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

It sure wouldve helped having him on the field vs The Ravens. But it wouldve been even better if we drafted him instead of Watkins. Hindsight is 20/20 & all that jazz. Good for him, i wish him the best but as long as it isnt versus us.

Based on what we saw today, unlike the Bears, we're not one big (non-QB) impact player away from being a playoff competitor. So I'm glad we passed on Mack, even though he is a fantastic player (and now that he's off the Raiders, I can actually root for him)

Reminds me of the Herschel Walker trade.  Bears gave away a ton and in his first game, first carry rattled off a huge run and looked unstoppable.  I know Mack is a good player but he will not dominate every game like tonight and as they usually come back to Earth.  Either way if we had him it wouldn't have helped us win when we can't even get a first down in the first half.  We were pathetic.  So pissed we're as bad as everyone in the sports media said we were.  I really thought we might be able to compete in games.  Not happening this year!?

Edited by BuffaloButt
Spelling

17 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Based on what we saw today, unlike the Bears, we're not one big (non-QB) impact player away from being a playoff competitor. So I'm glad we passed on Mack, even though he is a fantastic player (and now that he's off the Raiders, I can actually root for him)

Yep I agree, we're not 1 player away from being a competitive team consistently. We're not even a few players away. The price for Mack in a trade with Oakland would've cost too much. Thats why i said i wish we wouldve drafted him, because that is the only scenario where I could've seen him on our team. But like i said hindsight is 20/20.

That same line of thought makes me wish we had a better team around Allen to be our starter. Because he HAS to be the starter now, but this team is no where ready for the guy. Our offense isnt 1 player away either. We need help everywhere. The time table McBeane had is now all up in the air. And while Allen will learn, he will get a hard knocks education on what its like playing on a team with inferior talent. Suppose thats the quickest way to learn, as long as he survives it haha.

16 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Is Mack playing in the 2nd half?

This.  He had a big first half, almost entirely came against a failed Cleveland Browns QB that was retread as Rodgers backup.  Once Rogers came back, Mack was a ghost.  

I think Mack is a great player, but...lets be real...he didn't make the Raiders D better.  On a much much more talented Bears D, he was unable to impact the game once Rogers got the offense back on track when he returned.  

So for all that money they paid him...all those picks they gave up...they still LOST the game, even while up 20, having Rogers miss a chunk of the game and finish on one leg.  And the D couldn't protect a 20 point lead.  Normally a 20 point lead is enough to win in the NFL.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2