Peterman Stats - Historical Ranking?

ngbills

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:cry:

Yes! I knew there was some way to

slice and dice the stats to wind up with Peterman where he belongs - at the very bottom of the list. This one wasn’t even that hard, since no one as terrible as Peterman in his first start gets a second start. That’s why the minimum 50 passes is key. And he “passed” Brian Brohm in doing so. That makes it even sweeter. Nate Peterman, Worst QB Ever. 

45 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yes! I knew there was some way to

slice and dice the stats to wind up with Peterman where he belongs - at the very bottom of the list. This one wasn’t even that hard, since no one as terrible as Peterman in his first start gets a second start. That’s why the minimum 50 passes is key. And he “passed” Brian Brohm in doing so. That makes it even sweeter. Nate Peterman, Worst QB Ever. 

As someone else said - You always want to strive to be the best at something. He is the best at being awful in record breaking fashion. 

On 9/10/2018 at 9:04 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Stupid fans said EJ Manuel was the worst qb they have ever seen.  Guess what, preseason football is completely meaningless.  I’m sure Nate is a a great guy but he doesn’t belong on a nfl roster.  I don’t if any other QB in the league could have been as bad as him.  

If McDermott cares about Peterman, he should bench him so he even has a chance to make a roster in the future.

Well, to be fair to NP (I am not a fan btw),  he is still on an NFL roster right now.  EJ is sitting on his couch waiting for phone calls which may never come.

On 9/9/2018 at 9:10 PM, pimp on da' net said:

AJM was not anything special... that is a push, imo.

I'll take not anything special over especially bad. Peterman is rewriting the history books on worst quarterback to keep getting the umpteenth chance to start in the NFL.

Like we didn't even invest much in him why are we clinging onto him like he's a no 1 overall pick rather than a 5th rounder we took a flyer on. It's like Beane is thinking "this 5th round pick has to be good my job is on the line if he doesn't pan out. My God we set ourselves back for years to get this guy"

On 9/9/2018 at 9:53 PM, Dr.Sack said:

I’m all for playing him next week to prove to himself that he can be an NFL QB. I am totally a Peterman hater but at this point I’d like to see him have some success for his own sake. I truly feel bad for this guy. He’s had 2 games in horrible conditions & another where Bosa & the Chargers destroyed him on the road. Give the kid a home start in favorable conditions & maybe he can save face.  

I honestly believe this is all he's capable of. He's not a real NFL talent, he lacks the physical and mental ability to play at this level. It's not his fault he sucks, he has no business playing in the NFL and the coaches are to blame for putting a replacement level player out there and trying to feed it to us that he belongs. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Well, to be fair to NP (I am not a fan btw),  he is still on an NFL roster right now.  EJ is sitting on his couch waiting for phone calls which may never come.

EJ is a complete upgrade over Peterman and he’s great in the locker room.  He got cut after throwing 3 tds.  It will never happen but I would much rather have EJ than Peterman.  Think about that.

of course, it won’t happen because Whaley drafter EJ and this regime drafted NP.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

EJ is a complete upgrade over Peterman and he’s great in the locker room.  He got cut after throwing 3 tds against  players now bagging groceries.  It will never happen but I would much rather have EJ than Peterman.  Think about that.

of course, it won’t happen because Whaley drafter EJ and this regime drafted NP.

Clarified those 3 TDS.  But I don't disagree with you that EJ is an upgrade over the kind of play we ve gotten out of Peterman..  

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

Clarified those 3 TDS.  But I don't disagree with you that EJ is an upgrade over the kind of play we ve gotten out of Peterman..  

EJ played against the “starters” and the Raiders traded a 5th for AJ who had to “rally” against the grocery baggers’ backups.  

I felt the same way about EJ as Peterman. He was not good enough. I do agree that EJ would be an upgrade. It is that sad. I would have been pissed if they signed Fitz and he was starting over Allen. But at least he is capable. Instead we are going with a guy that just has no business being on the field. 

Edited by ngbills

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, ngbills said:

Has any QB had a worse start to their career? He has three starts and all under 100 yds passing. Basically all under 50% passing. 7 picks in 42 passes. Has there ever been a worse three starts? 

6-14, , 66 yds, 0, td, 5 int

5-10, 57 yds, 1 td, 0 int

5-18, 24 yds, 0 td, 2 int

....sorry, but this one stands alone......a .7 QBR ?......72 FEET of passing?.......priceless Twitter rant: " I walked to the 7-11 at halftime and had more total yards than the Bills"....OUCH..

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....sorry, but this one stands alone......a .7 QBR ?......72 FEET of passing?.......priceless Twitter rant: " I walked to the 7-11 at halftime and had more total yards than the Bills"....OUCH..

Will Peterman's stats improve if we count the yards after each interception in his production?   Seems like we should give him credit for that.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/9/2018 at 6:53 PM, Dr.Sack said:

I’m all for playing him next week to prove to himself that he can be an NFL QB. I am totally a Peterman hater but at this point I’d like to see him have some success for his own sake. I truly feel bad for this guy. He’s had 2 games in horrible conditions & another where Bosa & the Chargers destroyed him on the road. Give the kid a home start in favorable conditions & maybe he can save face.  

I'm kind of in this boat as well. 

Peterman's #1 problem is that he's just not that good. But at the same time is he really this bad? Historically bad? Chargers don't have Bosa this week and the game is in Buffalo and not likely to be a blizzard. Got to think he can at least muster a normal bad game by NFL standards. I know a lot of people don't want to see Peterman start but I am okay with it for two more weeks. Let Allen start @ Green Bay after we get through the Purple People Eaters.

• Like (+1) 1