Week 2: Chargers Game Preparation - Beautiful Day for Football!

26CornerBlitz

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Did you guys really think he'd make the announcement today?

Unlike his decision last year when he benched Tyrod, this is one he pretty much can't go back on so he'll need to make sure he talks with the players and his team. 

Why would he address the issue with the media and fans first?

They have Monday morning meetings where he could have informed the team 1st then subsequently made an announcement via Twitter or at the afternoon Presser as they did last week when Peterman was named the starter. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

McD - Playoffs.  

Everyone Else - Zilch.  

He has earned the benefit of the doubt.  I love how everyone was sucking on the tit of McD after every Embedded episode, and now same people turning on him after an EXPECTED bad loss.  We got rid of a veteran QB, lost 5 pro bowls worth of OL help, have a weak WR group and rolling out unproven QB's. This team is not going to be as good as last years because we gutted it to make cap space moving forward and to draft a high QB and high LB, both for the future.  Yet everyone is piling on McD now when he has to work with the hand he is dealt.  

agreed and it's one game out of 16. i think he should give nate another half of play time. he was in a 3 hr. downpour yesterday as well as seeing defenses he (they) haven't seen before. they aren't facing amateurs.  i think nate deserves to start sunday for once in decent conditions. if he poops the bed right off the bat, then it's josh from here on out.

if i were mcd, i would try to give one more try to protect the rookie at least for now. if we can squeak out a win or 2 before a home game against the titans, that would be ideal.

let's  not get stupid right off the bat. we've seen fitz have games....or tyrod for that case, have these kind of games and look what  the beard did yesterday.

as for the 56-10 thing, brady threw down on us for badmouthing him the week before the game. that was a grudge f...k. he woulda done that to anybody.

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Nope.

A leader knows WHEN to stay even keel and when to throw some fire out there. After yesterday he's going to stand there, say the effort was fine. Really? 

I have to partly agree with that.  A number of us saw stamps go on envelopes and mailing it in go down.  So McD would get points with the press and the fans if he acknowledged that.

On the other hand, what he says as a coach gets back to the team, and "acting as if" is a time honored leadership strategy.

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Unlike his decision last year when he benched Tyrod, this is one he pretty much can't go back on so he'll need to make sure he talks with the players and his team. 

I hope he starts Peterman. It will be interesting to see the starting qb and coach get lustily booed at intros of the home opener.  Of course they could just choose to intro the defense after their inspiring performance. I might be talking myself into going to this game. Morbid curiousity.

i hope they give nate one more chance...in front of a home crowd on an 80 degree day. if he sucks then, there is no argument whatsoever and josh will be the man come hell or high water.......of course ya need receivers to get open and make catches.

Edited by billsredneck1

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i hope they give nate one more chance...in front of a home crowd on an 80 degree day. if he sucks then, there is no argument whatsoever and josh will be the man come hell or high water.......of course ya need receivers to get open and make catches.

That would be a GWOT.

1 hour ago, rpmfla said:

After Wednesday Night's BBE everyone will be back on the wagon.

Pretty sure BBE is done for the year 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-announce-new-behind-the-scenes-video-series

Which is fine - saves them the embarrassment of shutting it down and burning any new footage after yesterday 

6 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

I can’t look away from car accidents either but I’d rather watch a WNBA preseason game than that scrub. He’s literally the worst QB ever!! He has already been handed more of an opportunity than anyone with his resume deserves and failed each time. Release him now and let him get his Insurance career jump started. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All fair points, but McD didn’t make those trades, Beane did wouldn’t you agree?  

And my question to the other poster was what his prediction was given that most were pretty negative once the Sammy and Darby trades happened.  Yet he still took that depleted roster and won 9 games, and likely 10 if not for his big mistake of starting Nate in SD.

Yeah but after they made the Watkins and Darby trades it was pretty clear to me they were going to play Jauron Ball and Tyrod was a great fit for that so I still felt they'd be competitive.    After they traded Dareus the run defense fell apart which undermined their play-not-to-lose approach significantly.     

34 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not sure what the issue is with addressing it now.  Peterman and I both had the same QB rating yesterday.  It appears to be obvious to everyone but McD that Peterman cannot even finish an NFL game due to historically bad play.  If it wasn't his boy McD would have announced it.  He is just stubborn and loyal to a fault.

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I actually kind of feel like he said it without saying it. 

I didn't listen to his PC and won't bother, but I believe if he were seriously starting Peterman again, he would have announced it today in order to try to let the fire kinda die down all week.

Viewing almost anything McDermott says in public as anything other than coachspeak is just kinda funny.  When listening to a PC by that guy you need to make sure you're on a very high sodium diet.

Waiting for the Wednesday announcement just brings me back to the Trent/JP/Fitz days when we got all those announcements on Wednesday. 

I'm really going to be shocked at this point if Peterman is still the starter.  This is our home opener and I could seriously envision the team getting booed before kickoff if Peterman is the starter.

My bigger question isn't who our starting QB is this week, it's what we do about backup QB(s) for the rest of the year.

36 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

There's no argument now.

Peterman is absolutely awful and it's unfortunate that even our coach was deceived by the mirage of preseason production when it was pretty obvious that all that production was manufactured in the most vanilla setting there is.

45 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

He got that chance LAST year in Los Angeles.  It was at least 80 degrees and more than half the fans were rooting for the Bills.  I was there....and then everything fell apart.