Week 2: Chargers Game Preparation - Beautiful Day for Football!

26CornerBlitz

Just now, Heitz said:

I think he chose the third career where you can do that...

Except not - as I’ve been saying - the fans really aren’t ready for this - lots of folks talk about patience and suffering but it only took one game for all of that to fly out the window - “well yeah but I didn’t know we’d have to suffer THIS much...” - don’t underestimate fan anger making its way up to a fragile owners’ box.  It’s about to get HOT around McBeane’s collar and if this continues through October, watch out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Except not - as I’ve been saying - the fans really aren’t ready for this - lots of folks talk about patience and suffering but it only took one game for all of that to fly out the window - “well yeah but I didn’t know we’d have to suffer THIS much...” - don’t underestimate fan anger making its way up to a fragile owners’ box.  It’s about to get HOT around McBeane’s collar and if this continues through October, watch out.

Which is the funniest part to me - how many times have I read on TBD "I'd rather lose EVERY game and get the number 1 pick, than win 7 or 8 games and pick in the middle of the draft."  

Well, good news everyone, looks like we're not going to be middling this year!

As for it getting hot, just the nature of the NFL (or pro sports).  I mean the Eagles, in their first game after winning the freaking Super Bowl got booed at half time.  Fans are impatient and are going to B word no matter what happens.  As has been joked, we could win the Super Bowl (clearly this is in some galaxy far far away) and fans would still say "We only won by 3, we got lucky!". ?

McDermott is live on Schopp and the Bulldog, right now, FWIW.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I have been pretty open about not liking some of the moves this FO has made. That said they’re safe this year pretty much no matter what. They put a TON of pressure on themselves next year with this plan. If we hit an early skid like we are seeing now, they’re toast. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Real question:  What record did you predict last year before the season began?  Be honest?  I bet it wasnt a winning record.  

So how can you take away that he took a mediocre team that plays a tough schedule into the playoffs with a winning 9-7 season?  And lets be honest, had he not benched TT in SD, we probably were 10-6 (and yes, I agree now and then that benching TT for Nate while sitting on the 6th seed at the time was a mistake).  

I felt like they had 10-11 win talent even going into training camp.

They were coming off a season where they were 7th in the NFL in scoring with the fewest turnovers in the post-merger history of league.......thru 15 games prior to the debacle with Cardale/EJ in Meadowlands.    And they did that with a very beat-up WR corps.    And they had a fairly talented maturing defense that had been hampered by scheme for the previous two season.     It was a veteran team with some high draft picks to bolster it.   Like Mularkey taking over for Greggo.........it was a team poised for improvement.

Enter McProcess.........exit the offensive approach that had provided their best scoring results in a quarter century.......exit the entire WR corps and league most productive per carry AND short yardage RB........trade two MORE very talented young players off of the defense in Dareus and Darby for very little.........and at that point the roster was in a bad way.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Then fans can choose to stop following the team.  You may have heard of a couple guys named Polian and Levy.  They were fond of saying you don't listen to the fans when making decisions.

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I felt like they had 10-11 win talent even going into training camp.

They were coming off a season where they were 7th in the NFL in scoring with the fewest turnovers in the post-merger history of league.......thru 15 games prior to the debacle with Cardale/EJ in Meadowlands.    And they did that with a very beat-up WR corps.    And they had a fairly talented maturing defense that had been hampered by scheme for the previous two season.     It was a veteran team with some high draft picks to bolster it.   Like Mularkey taking over for Greggo.........it was a team poised for improvement.

Enter McProcess.........exit the offensive approach that had provided their best scoring results in a quarter century.......exit the entire WR corps and league most productive per carry AND short yardage RB........trade two MORE very talented young players off of the defense in Dareus and Darby for very little.........and at that point the roster was in a bad way.

All fair points, but McD didn’t make those trades, Beane did wouldn’t you agree?  

And my question to the other poster was what his prediction was given that most were pretty negative once the Sammy and Darby trades happened.  Yet he still took that depleted roster and won 9 games, and likely 10 if not for his big mistake of starting Nate in SD.

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Then fans can choose to stop following the team.  You may have heard of a couple guys named Polian and Levy.  They were fond of saying you don't listen to the fans when making decisions.

Yep. That'd be an organization that just blows in the wind.

None of us truly want that.

19 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Bills will win this game by double digits.  1-1 followed by two serious NFC North beatdowns.

i wonder how Aaron's knee is doing?

I usually don't listen to Coach McDermott 's.PC cuz they're so boring. But I made an exception today. The it's only the 2nd year excuse was used several times. Lame.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Yep. That'd be an organization that just blows in the wind.

None of us truly want that.

They stunk yesterday.  That's on everyone from McD down to the last guy in the roster.  Let's see what they do to fix it.  But they sure as hell aren't going to do things because they think the fans will like it the most. Thank God.

1 hour ago, zonabb said:

One thing I don't get is this idea that media and the fans are entitled to every answer they want from a private company. Odd. McD owes no answers and I have no problem with however he or any coach, GM, or owner interacts with the media. 

It's gone beyond just not being entitled to answers. If a coach doesn't show the same level of outrage and mirror the emotions of the fans on his sleeve, he's got to go in the opinion of some. McD may have to go for a lot of reasons given what he's shown his first 17 games at the helm (and he's been far from perfect), but not going apeschit at the podium after bad losses because that's how we feel, is far from one of them. 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Oh look, he’s saying nothing again

Lol McD just said he thought Peterman made some good decisions yesterday. The dude completed 5 passes for 24 yards and threw 2 picks...

Yea but did you see those throw aways.  I mean they were pure textbook tosses.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, donbb said:

And let the media rip his decision apart for a week? No matter who plays QB coach process won't announce it until Friday IMO.

The SAD thing is the Chargers probably won't change their plan no matter who starts at QB. It will likely be a light practice week for them.

Chargers: "So let the Bills score a couple of touchdowns - with their defense it should be a piece of cake running up the score on them..."

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:huh: Is that the only alternative? 

I responded to a comment suggesting that fan's feeling should affect who the coach is or how things are run.  Which would be a nightmare.  If you are a fan and you don't like it, walk.

Yesterday was terrible.  They all deserve criticism for that.  Last season the same coach took a team everyone thought would be terrible and made the playoffs.  You don't throw that out because of one bad game

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am not saying you are wrong by any means, but in fairness:

1. Coaches don't just throw guys under the bus in the media to appease fans.  Good coaches handle their business behind closed doors direct with players.  
  2. Coaches don't make reactionary decisions without doing their same due diligence.  For instance, when pros play poker, they take the same decision making process into every decision, even ones that seem easy or obvious.  McD is going to consult with the other coaches, watch the film and then inform Allen and Peterman FIRST who is going to start BEFORE the media.
  3. He is right, the WHOLE offense sucked something fierce last night, not just the QB play.  Again, not defending NP, he blows and shouldn't be on an NFL roster, but what McD said is true, its the whole group that struggled.  And again, he isn't going to start singling out one player in the media when there are a lot of people who played bad, several very bad, Peterman included.  

So people need to stop over reacting to press conferences.  McD is not the kind of coach that is going to do his business in the media, he is going to handle it with professionalism in the locker room.  He won't say who will start until both QB's have been told.  He also isn't going to elaborate or trash talk Peterman once he makes that decision, thats locker room suicide.  

But you are kinda saying I'm wrong lol.

And it might be an assumption to think McD handles it with professionalism in the locker room.  He seems to have a huge man crush on Peterman and I worry it's going to get him in hot water.

Edited by Johnnycage46

52 minutes ago, Heitz said:

As for it getting hot, just the nature of the NFL (or pro sports).  I mean the Eagles, in their first game after winning the freaking Super Bowl got booed at half time.  

Same fellas who booed Santa Clause. I basically agree with you, but Philadelphia is particularly eggregious.