Week 2: Chargers Game Preparation - Beautiful Day for Football!

26CornerBlitz

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I would rather have a smart motivating coach which McD is

We have absolutely no idea what is being told to the players AWAY from the podium.....and I will say it again...McD can stand on his results as well (for a while)

Smart is debatable if he stays with Peterman. 

Oh, I can imagine hes saying something different behind closed doors. Thats the teams business. Sorry, but standing there positive and happy go lucky and trying to tell us the pure crap he's shoveling now is an insult to a very passionate fanbase. 

Last year he did a wonderful job coaching up the roster. Just like last year he's showing he is a wishy washy coach. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

He went 9-7 and showed he can coach in this league. 

Hes also showed he doesnt have a !@#$ing clue offensively.

Peterman shouldn't be in the league. Let alone starting. 

Peterman showed his ass.....again...I dont think ANYONE is disputing that

but come on lets be realistic.....while Josh Allen is the MOST talented QB we have you can see the line of thinking in not starting him immediately.

People say McD is stubborn......stubborn would be continuing to start Peterman when he is clearly showing his ass in real games......I want to see what McD does next.  Josh Allen is going to be the starting qb this season at some point sooner or later.

This is probably not going to be a winning season anyway.   The sooner fans accept that the better their bood pressure will be.

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Smart is debatable if he stays with Peterman. 

Oh, I can imagine hes saying something different behind closed doors. Thats the teams business. Sorry, but standing there positive and happy go lucky and trying to tell us the pure crap he's shoveling now is an insult to a very passionate fanbase. 

Last year he did a wonderful job coaching up the roster. Just like last year he's showing he is a wishy washy coach. 

So basically you want instant gratification

I want results

I hope and trust that McDermott doesn't care what any of us think of his answers. Everything he says and does should be strategic and designed to give the Bills all competitive advantage possible and minimize any advantage opposing teams may be able to gather from his remarks and the NFL-required reports. That's it; nothing more needed.

Yeah, Bellycheat has earned the right to do exactly what I am hoping McDermott is trying to do. And I pray someday football fans will say the same about McDermott someday. Until then, do what you do, Coach.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

McD just cannot let go of Peterman...asked point blank about QB and he essentially makes the argument that it's the whole offense's fault.  Yes the O sucks but so does Peterman.

I am not saying you are wrong by any means, but in fairness:

1. Coaches don't just throw guys under the bus in the media to appease fans.  Good coaches handle their business behind closed doors direct with players.  
  2. Coaches don't make reactionary decisions without doing their same due diligence.  For instance, when pros play poker, they take the same decision making process into every decision, even ones that seem easy or obvious.  McD is going to consult with the other coaches, watch the film and then inform Allen and Peterman FIRST who is going to start BEFORE the media.
  3. He is right, the WHOLE offense sucked something fierce last night, not just the QB play.  Again, not defending NP, he blows and shouldn't be on an NFL roster, but what McD said is true, its the whole group that struggled.  And again, he isn't going to start singling out one player in the media when there are a lot of people who played bad, several very bad, Peterman included.  

So people need to stop over reacting to press conferences.  McD is not the kind of coach that is going to do his business in the media, he is going to handle it with professionalism in the locker room.  He won't say who will start until both QB's have been told.  He also isn't going to elaborate or trash talk Peterman once he makes that decision, thats locker room suicide.  

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Nope. 

The leader stays even keel. It's stupid to get fired up for the media. It's a !@#$ing PC, for christssake.

I've seen the behind the scenes videos and player interviews. They respond well to McD and the other coaches.

Fans just want lip service. 

Nope.

A leader knows WHEN to stay even keel and when to throw some fire out there. After yesterday he's going to stand there, say the effort was fine. Really? 

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I would bet he told them at his first interview that it will take 3 years to rebuild the team, and that it will take a couple hard years to get there. He's alluded to that line of thinking a few times the past couple years. I'm sure he didn't trade Sammy Watkins without Pegula's blessing. He has a blank check for 4-5 years before Pegula even thinks about firing him.

Wow.

No.

Wrong.

I don't think you've seen how Pegula's operate their sports teams.

They have no idea what they want or how to get there........so they empower professionals and just sign off on decisions but at the end of the day they just give people enough rope to hang themselves with if they aren't smart.

Trying a massive roster overhaul is a VERY risky maneuver.........especially for a new HC.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ngbills said:

5 losses by more than 20 points in 17 regular season games.

Rex Ryan had zero in his two seasons.

Doug Marrone had one in his two seasons.

McD - Playoffs.  

Everyone Else - Zilch.  

He has earned the benefit of the doubt.  I love how everyone was sucking on the tit of McD after every Embedded episode, and now same people turning on him after an EXPECTED bad loss.  We got rid of a veteran QB, lost 5 pro bowls worth of OL help, have a weak WR group and rolling out unproven QB's. This team is not going to be as good as last years because we gutted it to make cap space moving forward and to draft a high QB and high LB, both for the future.  Yet everyone is piling on McD now when he has to work with the hand he is dealt.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

Nope.

A leader knows WHEN to stay even keel and when to throw some fire out there. After yesterday he's going to stand there, say the effort was fine. Really? 

He needs to throw fire to media and fans??

Haha, okay.

Gee, I'm SOO PUMPED! I'm going to will the Bills to victory from my couch!!!

1 minute ago, Jaraxxus said:

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

McD - Playoffs.  

Everyone Else - Zilch.  

He has earned the benefit of the doubt.  I love how everyone was sucking on the tit of McD after every Embedded episode, and now same people turning on him after an EXPECTED bad loss.  We got rid of a veteran QB, lost 5 pro bowls worth of OL help, have a weak WR group and rolling out unproven QB's. This team is not going to be as good as last years because we gutted it to make cap space moving forward and to draft a high QB and high LB, both for the future.  Yet everyone is piling on McD now when he has to work with the hand he is dealt.  

It's great that he made the playoffs but lets not think it was b/c of great coaching. We played pretty bad last year, got lucky in a few games, and barely lucked in to then play the worst playoff game in recent memory.

For the Bills, that kind of season is amazing I'll give you that. But it was really just a random fluke that happens to most teams every few years. Says nothing about his coaching ability. 

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

McD - Playoffs.  

Everyone Else - Zilch.  

Lets just give him 17 years of sucking then. He can start Peterman for 17 years too. 

2 minutes ago, dayman said:

It's great that he made the playoffs but lets not think it was b/c of great coaching. We played pretty bad last year, got lucky in a few games, and barely lucked in to then play the worst playoff game in recent memory.

For the Bills, that kind of season is amazing I'll give you that. But it was really just a random fluke that happens to most teams every few years. Says nothing about his coaching ability. 

Real question:  What record did you predict last year before the season began?  Be honest?  I bet it wasnt a winning record.  

So how can you take away that he took a mediocre team that plays a tough schedule into the playoffs with a winning 9-7 season?  And lets be honest, had he not benched TT in SD, we probably were 10-6 (and yes, I agree now and then that benching TT for Nate while sitting on the 6th seed at the time was a mistake).  

10 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Nope.

All that matters is what's said the players behind closed doors and none of us know that...

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

McD should’ve been either an evangelical pastor or a general contractor - two professions where you can promise elusive results way off in the distant future but only after a massive tear down and reconstruction...

I think he chose the third career where you can do that...

• Haha (+1) 1