Week 2: Chargers Game Preparation - Beautiful Day for Football!

26CornerBlitz

On 9/10/2018 at 5:16 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

All fair points, but McD didn’t make those trades, Beane did wouldn’t you agree?  

And my question to the other poster was what his prediction was given that most were pretty negative once the Sammy and Darby trades happened.  Yet he still took that depleted roster and won 9 games, and likely 10 if not for his big mistake of starting Nate in SD.

Do you really think that the Bills would have beaten the Chargers in that road game with Tyrod at QB? After the completely embarrassing performance by him in the New Orleans game at home, where when he left the field  the Bills were behind 47-3

Yes, the Peterman meltdown was an embarrassment, but that was only after the previous embarrassment of Tyrod's miserable play against New Orleans. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Game Preview: Chargers vs Bills (1:34)

John Murphy examines the Week 2 matchup between the Chargers and Bills at New Era Field.

Well that's already wrong.  Tyrod Taylor beat the Colts in his first ever start for the Bills in 2015.  Ryan Fitzpatrick first start for the Bills was when Trent went down.  He won the game against the Jets in OT.  His first full start was the next game against Carolina, which he also won. How do people post stupid stuff like this without homework. (not you Corner, I am referring to Trey Wingo.)  I mean he only had to go back 1 starter to see it.  

Edited by Scott7975

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Well that's already wrong.  Tyrod Taylor beat the Colts in his first ever start for the Bills in 2015.  Ryan Fitzpatrick first start for the Bills was when Trent went down.  He won the game against the Jets in OT.  His first full start was the next game against Carolina, which he also won. How do people post stupid stuff like this without homework. (not you Corner, I am referring to Trey Wingo.)  I mean he only had to go back 1 starter to see it.  Please don't give me it doesn't count because of stupid Matt Cassel first play.

They are saying that Matt Cassel started that game, despite not registering a single QB stat in the game.

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

They are saying that Matt Cassel started that game, despite not registering a single QB stat in the game.

Yeah I figured it would go there.  I don't buy the logic.  It would still be Tyrods first start for our franchise.  Obviously a gimmick play anyhow.  Then we have FitzMagic in 2009.

Scouting Report Week 2 - Bills vs. Chargers

Dm_0smLXcAEUn66.jpg

Top 3 Individual Matchups
1 – Kelvin Benjamin vs. Casey Hayward
2 - Dion Dawkins vs. Melvin Ingram
3 – Tre’Davious White vs. Keenan Allen

Bills Top 2 Advantages
Good advantage – Punt return
Best advantage - Kick return

Bills Number 1 Must
Get takeaways

To continuously improve the game day experience for fans at New Era Field, the Buffalo Bills are excited to introduce several new elements for the 2018 season. To make the most of your game day and to find out what’s new for transportation options, pregame festivities, partner offerings and more, see below.

24 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Well that's already wrong.  Tyrod Taylor beat the Colts in his first ever start for the Bills in 2015.  Ryan Fitzpatrick first start for the Bills was when Trent went down.  He won the game against the Jets in OT.  His first full start was the next game against Carolina, which he also won. How do people post stupid stuff like this without homework. (not you Corner, I am referring to Trey Wingo.)  I mean he only had to go back 1 starter to see it.  

Maybe he meant to say drafted QB?

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Do you really think that the Bills would have beaten the Chargers in that road game with Tyrod at QB? After the completely embarrassing performance by him in the New Orleans game at home, where when he left the field  the Bills were behind 47-3

Yes, the Peterman meltdown was an embarrassment, but that was only after the previous embarrassment of Tyrod's miserable play against New Orleans. 

This is the narrative that was so frustrating last year.  The Chargers were 3-6 going into that game on a 2 game losing streak.  There only  3 wins were against the 3 of the worst teams in the NFL.  When people say this, it just comes from the over exaggeration of their negative feelings about Tyrod not the reality of our team last year.  Peterman made the Chargers look like the greatest team of all time, but they were not.  

So YES I firmly believe we likely beat them had they not played Nate.  Nothing is for sure, but they were certainly very beatable and Tyrod led Bills beat better teams than the Chargers last year.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Scouting Report Week 2 - Bills vs. Chargers

Dm_0smLXcAEUn66.jpg

Top 3 Individual Matchups
1 – Kelvin Benjamin vs. Casey Hayward
2 - Dion Dawkins vs. Melvin Ingram
3 – Tre’Davious White vs. Keenan Allen

Bills Top 2 Advantages
Good advantage – Punt return
Best advantage - Kick return

Bills Number 1 Must
Get takeaways

To continuously improve the game day experience for fans at New Era Field, the Buffalo Bills are excited to introduce several new elements for the 2018 season. To make the most of your game day and to find out what’s new for transportation options, pregame festivities, partner offerings and more, see below.

At least we have 2 advantages.  Punt and kick returns.  SD will likely just put Allen on the Gaines’/Johnson’s (if he even plays) side of the field.  

Has anyone broke down the tape and tracked where white was lined up?  Always as the left CB if playing zone?  I’d love to see him shadow more. If I were our opponents I’d never throw at him unless he’s clearly beaten.  No reason to.  

This has the makings of a classic upset game:

1. Nobody thinks the Bills have a chance... I’m betting we wind up getting favorable officiating 

2. Josh Allen is probably prepping like you wouldn’t believe

3. Revenge game for last year’s thrashing 

4. West Coast team traveling East

5. Trap game for Chargers

6. Fired up fans and team for Allen’s first start

I think somehow we beat the spread and the win comes down to a coin toss.

• Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Could be but I don't think we drafted 5 QBs between Edwards and Allen that started for us.  Have we?  I could be wrong about that.

Did he say 5 QBs?

if Edwards counted, it would be 

1) Edwards 

2) EJ

3) Cardale

4) Peterman

5) Allen

but Allen hasn’t even started yet 

Edited by Buffalo716

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

At least we have 2 advantages.  Punt and kick returns.  SD will likely just put Allen on the Gaines’/Johnson’s (if he even plays) side of the field.  

Has anyone broke down the tape and tracked where white was lined up?  Always as the left CB if playing zone?  I’d love to see him shadow more. If I were our opponents I’d never throw at him unless he’s clearly beaten.  No reason to.  

The Bills would blow SD out.   As a matter of fact, I don't think they'd even show up. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Did he say 5 QBs?

if Edwards counted, it would be 

1) Edwards 

2) EJ

3) Cardale

4) Peterman

5) Allen

but Allen hasn’t even started yet 

Cardale didn't start a game for the Bills either. But there's also a lot more than 5 QBs since Trent...

Fitz and Brohm both started a game in 2009

EJ, Thad Lewis, and Jeff Tuel all got starts in 2013

Orton in 2014

Tyrod and technically Cassel in 2015 (regardless of whether you count Indy as Tyrod or Cassel it was their first start and we won)

Peterman in 2017

So Allen will be the 10th new QB to start for the Bills since Edwards.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Cardale didn't start a game for the Bills either. But there's also a lot more than 5 QBs since Trent...

Fitz and Brohm both started a game in 2009

EJ, Thad Lewis, and Jeff Tuel all got starts in 2013

Orton in 2014

Tyrod and technically Cassel in 2015 (regardless of whether you count Indy as Tyrod or Cassel it was their first start and we won)

Peterman in 2017

So Allen will be the 10th new QB to start for the Bills since Edwards.

I said drafted. Fitz and Brohm weren’t drafted... neither was Thad, or Orton, or Cassell

Tuel I will count as UDFA... forgot about him for a second 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I said drafted. Fitz and Brohm weren’t drafted... neither was Thad, or Orton, or Cassell

Tuel I will count as UDFA... forgot about him for a second 

Oh, I know. I'm just trying to figure out the qualifier since there clearly is one. Maybe he meant it literally. QBs who got their very first start as a Bill?

Brohm, EJ, Tuel, Tyrod, Peterman

If they want to use the Cassel technicality for Tyrod he lost to NE in week 2.