Week 2: Chargers Game Preparation - Beautiful Day for Football!

26CornerBlitz

rodak_mike.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Bills injury report Wednesday: DE Shaq Lawson (hamstring), CB Taron Johnson (shoulder), WR Ray-Ray McCloud (knee), DT Kyle Williams (rest) and LB Lorenzo Alexander (rest) did not practice. LB Julian Stanford (nose) was a full participant.

The Joey Bosa effect: Chargers need more pass rush

Eric D. Williams ESPN Staff Writer

COSTA MESA, Calif. -- Los Angeles Chargers defensive end Isaac Rochell had the tough task over the weekend. He tried to replace one of the best defensive players in the game in Joey Bosa.

A seventh-round selection in last year’s draft out of Notre Dame, Rochell finished with four tackles and no sacks in a 38-28 season-opening loss against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.

Without Bosa in the game for the Chiefs to focus on, his counterpart Melvin Ingram recorded three quarterback hits but no sacks.

Must have been tough for McD to make the easiest decision of his coaching career.

Anyway,  I think Allen will be OK.  It's simply impossible to perform worse than the backup.  And that SD defense just layed down for over 400 yards passing....by Mahomes (a kid with 2 more career starts than Allen).

What really will make or break the Bills Sunday is no the O-line, it;s the Defense.  They gave up 47 points on 8 scoring drives (including ones of 66, 80, 85 and 89 yds) to Joe Flacco and the Ravens.

Edited by Mr. WEO

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Must have been tough for McD to make the easiest decision of his coaching career.

Anyway,  I think Allen will be OK.  It's simply impossible to perform worse than the backup.  And that SD defense just layed down for over 400 yards passing....by Mahomes (a kid with 2 more career starts than Allen).

What really will make or break the Bills Sunday is no the O-line, it;s the Defense.  They gave up 47 points on 8 scoring drives (including ones of 66, 80, 85 and 89 yds) to Joe Flacco and the Ravens.

Defense will do a lot better  They had some stops early against the ravens but the offense just went three and out plus there was the stupid penalty during a punt.  Then it all got out of hand

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Joey Bosa effect: Chargers need more pass rush

Eric D. Williams ESPN Staff Writer

COSTA MESA, Calif. -- Los Angeles Chargers defensive end Isaac Rochell had the tough task over the weekend. He tried to replace one of the best defensive players in the game in Joey Bosa.

A seventh-round selection in last year’s draft out of Notre Dame, Rochell finished with four tackles and no sacks in a 38-28 season-opening loss against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.

Without Bosa in the game for the Chiefs to focus on, his counterpart Melvin Ingram recorded three quarterback hits but no sacks.

KC is actually an NFL caliber offense though, and one of the better ones.

I'm sure Melvin will have at least 5 sacks and 7 QB hits against our "line".

These morons couldn't even block somebody on Facebook.

57 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I'll have to take your word on it, I guess.

These first three games for the Bills are against defenses that make average to good o-lines look bad.  Peterman and Allen would both be working under pretty significant pressure.  Both did last weekend.  Personally, I was hoping Josh wouldn't get the nod until after game three.  These next two game I don't think it matters much who's under center.

5 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Defense will do a lot better  They had some stops early against the ravens but the offense just went three and out plus there was the stupid penalty during a punt.  Then it all got out of hand

Early stops??  Nope.

The Ravens had an 80 yard TD scoring drive as their first possession.  On their 3rd possession, they went 66 yards for another TD----all in the 1st Q.  If they can't get off the field in the 1st Q, that's pathetic and on them alone.

The D sucked.  The secondary sucked.  They need to play a lot better or Allen will be starting from his own 35 or worse on every drive.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Is he wearing Charlie Casserly's piece?

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

These first three games for the Bills are against defenses that make average to good o-lines look bad.  Peterman and Allen would both be working under pretty significant pressure.  Both did last weekend.  Personally, I was hoping Josh wouldn't get the nod until after game three.  These next two game I don't think it matters much who's under center.

Allen's pocket mobility, playmaking ability once plays break down, and arm strength will make a difference in comparison to Peterman's limitations.   How much remains to be seen. 

Yikes, Allen is going to get killed, and for what? Only to please the crowd it seems, hope we don't lose our rookie that we plan on developing to an injury similar to the one that Carson Wentz suffered. Remind me why we let go of AJ and thought having a 2 QB roster was okay?  ?‍♂️

5 minutes ago, paulbills said:

Yikes, Allen is going to get killed, and for what? Only to please the crowd it seems, hope we don't lose our rookie that we plan on developing to an injury similar to the one that Carson Wentz suffered. Remind me why we let go of AJ and thought having a 2 QB roster was okay?  ?‍♂️

We're starting Allen because we have no choice.  If we started Nasty Nate one more time I'd be afraid the league would seize contorl of the team for gross negligence and incompetence.

If he started Nasty Nate we'd have to trade away everyone for 7th round draft picks because none of the current players would ever want to play for McDermott ever again.