Week 2: Chargers Game Preparation - Beautiful Day for Football!

26CornerBlitz

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 2: Chargers Game Preparation - McDermott Presser at 11:20 AM ET with Starting QB Announcement
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 2: Chargers Game Preparation - Josh Allen Named Starting QB

Bills vs. Chargers: 7 things to know about Week 2's opponent

The Buffalo Bills face a long-time AFC rival in the Los Angeles Chargers in their home opener in Week 2 at New Era Field on Sunday.

The Chargers, former residents of San Diego, have had a couple things change about them in recent years. Some are still pretty familar.

With that, here’s an early week look at the Bills’ Week 2 opponent, the Chargers:

Former Bills Boss

Rivers Still Good

Not Doing Well in LA

Bills' Destroyer Could Be Out

Sneaky Good DB

Super Bowl Contenders

Head-to-Head

2 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Anyone else find it mildly poetic that Peterman's first start was against the Chargers and now Allen's first start is against the Chargers?

Cosmic forces at work....

Eh I guess. I mean (not that I wanted this) it would of been more poetic if they had been Peterman's last start.

Top 6 Storylines for the Bills-Chargers this Week

Dm6NKScXoAA6xG9.jpg

It’s the Los Angeles Chargers first visit to Buffalo since 1960. Of course, the San Diego Chargers played plenty of games in Western New York after the franchise moved from Los Angeles to San Diego in 1961.

But it’s the more recent history of these two old AFL rivals that is front and center this week.

Here are the top storylines for the Bills home opener this week:

1. BOUNCE BACK GAME FOR THE BILLS?
2. FUTURE OF THE FRANCHISE?
3. FIRST START FOR ALLEN, 194TH FOR RIVERS
4. HOW MUCH IS HOME FIELD WORTH?
5. A HOMECOMING FOR SOME CHARGERS
6. WHO NEEDS IT MORE?

Dm5PuxiU4AA37IS.jpg

Chris Brown sits down with Head Coach Sean McDermott for this week's Coffee With the Coach presented by Tim Hortons. They discuss the message he has for the team this week, the strength of the L.A. Chargers, and a fan asks coach a question via Twitter.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Quick Hits: McDermott Names Josh Allen Starting QB for Sunday

Dm6O4ZqWwAU0pLP.jpg

It was a little over a week ago that head coach Sean McDermott named Nathan Peterman his starting quarterback for the team’s season opener. On Wednesday morning, Buffalo’s head coach confirmed there would be a change.

“Josh will start,” McDermott said. “It’s the right move for our team. I don’t feel a need to elaborate. We talk a lot in house about decisions and what we have to do and the right move at the right time and right now this is the right move for us.

Right cornerback rotation to continue

Last week during practice, Phillip Gaines and Vontae Davis continued to rotate in and out at right cornerback as the two competed to determine who would earn the start. The nod ultimately went to Gaines and Davis was inactive.

This week that competition will continue heading into Sunday’s home opener.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 2: Chargers Game Preparation - Josh Allen Named Starting QB, Bosa Out on Sunday

I watched the Chargers game last week and if our secondary doesn't step up it will get out of hand quickly. They probably should have still lost to the Chiefs but Rivers had at least another potential 100 yards and a TD on perfectly thrown balls that his wideouts just outright dropped. He's looking very good and their offensive line was giving him great looks all day. He was unlucky to not have posted a 600 yard game imo...although KC's defense is no great shakes either. But still.

Gordon is a threat out of the backfield. He runs hard and they use him creatively in the passing game too. The #1 issue with winning this game is generating pressure on Rivers as I see it. Get McCoy and Murphy/Ivory going, give Allen some easy looks on offense, and keep it a slow, ugly, low scoring game and the Bills have a shot. Safety play will need to be much better than it was against Baltimore. Time for Hyde and Poyer to step up and build on last season's good play. This is a totally winnable game because we match up well against their offense...their wideouts are not overwhelmingly physical (something our secondary tends to struggle with), Gordon is a very good back but (at least last Sunday from what I could see) they don't use the kind of misdirection in those sweeps or counters that are still fooling Edmunds sometimes, he'll have a chance to be a difference maker. I think this one will be a lot closer than everyone's predicting.