Week 2: Chargers Game Preparation - Beautiful Day for Football!

26CornerBlitz

Something very strange happened Sunday night.  The opening line for this game was sent out at Bills +9.5.  Almost immediately after the line opened it got banged down to Bills +7 meaning the prof gamblers are all over the Bills.  I don't know how this talentless & heartless team could keep up with SD, but it tells me this game is going to be a lot closer than anyone thinks.  

• Like (+1) 3

Whatever the plan is, this roster is an unmitigated disaster.

Why sign Chris Ivory to that contract if you're just going to play Marcus Murphy ahead of him? Why no help on the OL when Ducasse, Bodine, Groy, and Miller all have proven they are not starters in this league? Why keep Kyle Williams around when it's obvious he's done? Why can't we find a half-decent pass-rusher? Why sign Vontae Davis to another money-wasting contract if you're just going to sit him? Our WRs are the worst in the league. I'd have no problem getting rid of every single one of them. 

I understand some of these might be considered hindsight, but if this is how well the FO evaluates talent, we're in for a ****-show of a team for years to come. 

I've been wanting them to start Josh Allen since we drafted him, but now, I'm not so sure. He literally has no help around him. None. 

We have one NFL caliber player on offense - one. And that's an old Shady who only got a handful of carries the other day. I guess Dion Dawkins is ok....he doesn't stink, at least. 

On defense, that squad was running around like a chicken without its head. Hyde and Poyer can only do so much. Philip Gaines? Really? The LB squad looks....decent, I guess. But how can you tell when every play against them seems to gash the defense for 15 or more yards?

As someone else said, teams like the Rams built their team and then got their QB - and now they have a few years left of a rooking contract with a great team behind Goff. 

IF Allen becomes the franchise QB...

And IF the Bills build a contender around him...

By the time this team is ready to win, we'll be having to pay Allen a fortune and let go some of the players who are actually good and helped build the team into a winner! Horrible cycle of suckitude.  

This is all ass-backwards. 

I have lost confidence in Beane and McDermott. Why would anyone think Nathan Peterman is an NFL QB?  I don't think they know what they are doing.

Daboll, who knows? Maybe his scheme sucks, maybe it's brilliant, but we're never going to find out with the piss-poor personnel we're putting on the field right now. 

This franchise is a dumpster fire, and I'm tired of it. 

LOL okay, I got that out of my system. ?

Edited by Domdab99
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Did the Bills PR really put up another picture of Stevie with THAT shirt on?  On purpose?

30 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

QB has to be the replacement

From the other side:

Scouting Report: Chargers vs. Bills

The Los Angeles Chargers (0-1) hit the road for the first time in 2018 when they head to Buffalo to take on the Bills (0-1). Kickoff from New Era Field is set for 10:00 a.m. PT.

What to Watch For…

On Offense for the Chargers

On Offense for the Bills

On Defense for the Chargers

On Defense for the Bills

Series History

By the Numbers

Milestones on the Horizon

Noteworthy vs. the Bills

Connections

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Stevie Johnson: "I'm looking forward to being in that vibe again" (13:01)

Former Bills WR Stevie Johnson joined One Bills Live to talk about his time in Buffalo and how he is looking forward to ‘Leading the Charge’ for this Sunday's game vs. the Chargers.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

okay, this is a perfect time to start Allen. Chargers are banged up on D, they have to fly across the country for an early game time, Rivers is a pick machine, and it's the home opener - the place will be rocking.

Start Allen. 

• Like (+1) 2

Sean McDermott Can't Ignore Bills' Problems Any Longer

The Buffalo Bills’ opening game of the 2018 season was a trainwreck. There were few moral victories to garner during their 47-3 trouncing at the hands of the Baltimore Ravens. It’s far from the expected start for the team.

The Bills were downright uncompetitive. The offense, defense, and special teams units all made mistakes throughout the afternoon. The talent gap was apparent, but the coaching gap relating to strategy and scheme was a canyon, as well.

This is a point where moral victories are no longer enough to sustain the insufficiency of the team.

Take 2: Adam and Vic preview Bills vs. Chargers (8:22)

WGRZ's Adam Benigni is joined by Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News to preview the Bills home opener against the Chargers.

Buffalo is coming off the worst season opening loss in its history falling 47-3 at Baltimore. As of early in the week, the starting quarterback remained a question for this game.

Vic also appears as part of our panel Sunday mornings at 10:00am on Sports Talk Sunday.

5 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

okay, this is a perfect time to start Allen. Chargers are banged up on D, they have to fly across the country for an early game time, Rivers is a pick machine, and it's the home opener - the place will be rocking.

Start Allen. 

Allen NEEDS to start for all our collective sanities.. well at least mine.

I have a bad feeling Pistol Pete will get one more start, but with an even shorter leash. Like I’m 70% certain he will.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

McDermott is a religious man.  In Nathan Peterman’s last 2 starts, he had a blizzard and heavy rain.  God is telling you something Sean.  Listen.

Are you trying to say if they start Peterman again he's going to get struck by lightning?

Should be interesting tomorrow if Allen gets the nod there should some fun reaction. Peterman on the other hand I think this place melts.

Edited by Warcodered