well TYrod Taylor LEADS the Brown to a tie

Socal-805

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

Except he did win.  He won more than he lost and he did it without a defense.  Then while completely forsaking the offense, bringing in a OC that had no plans for Taylor, and supplying no help at WR they finally get the defense to hold teams under 23ppg and lo and behold they are in the playoffs.  Now what they are trying to sell us is that they are/were trading everything to build some legit "franchise QB" led offense that will put points on the board and amaze us all.  When?  I'm not sure it's coming.  Allen looks the part, or at least you might sell me on that but with no OL, no WR's, and an OC who I'm not confident in a 5 year plan isn't what I'm looking for as a NFL fan.

I'm not disagreeing with any of this. When I said Tyrod didn't win I only meant today.

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Care to tell me what I’m wrong about ? 

Child please. I'm done with these games you and I both know your opinion and I'm done with it.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

It's Cleveland.  It's the first time they haven't lost a game since Christmas, 2016.  That's...pretty much a win in their case.

Their last win was Christmas Eve, 2016...on a Saturday. They have now gone 34 consecutive regular season Sundays without a win. Truly a 'Brownsian' feat. Congrats, Cleveland!

Image result for turd emoji cake

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm not disagreeing with any of this. When I said Tyrod didn't win I only meant today.

Child please. I'm done with these games you and I both know your opinion and I'm done with it.

So you’re telling me we could have paid TT 25 million to lose by 30 instead of 40 today ? 

Cool ??

16 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but even with everything that's been said in here if the Browns kicker makes the field goal in OT the Browns win that game?  The Browns had a chance to win.  Taylor gives you a chance to win.  If you had a better QB you might have a better chance to win.  If you have Peterman you most likely have no chance to win.  Allen is supposed to be that better chance to win.  We probably should have kept Taylor as the veteran chance to win.  Instead we went with Peterman and the least likely chance to win.  As they say it is what it is.  You have to play Allen or you'll lose the team IMHO.  Think they are bad now, wait til they've been on the field with Peterman for 3 weeks.

Browns Defense put them in position for that FG to win not Tyrod off a INT.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

No I feel you.  I was just elaborating on that.  It's frustrating because I believe worst of all this that the current front office is mediocre at best at evaluating talent.  Near as I can tell is that McDermott is great on defense and specifically coverage.  Probably decent with the secondary and LB's, jury is out on DL.  I can't think of a move yet on the offensive side of the ball that has made me say "that was great".  Allen looks like he has good potential.  After that I can't think of anything.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Best way to describe Tyrod is he's a middle reliever. He can't close games.

He's the perfect game manager.  If your team has a good defense and gets a lead, he'll do enough to protect it with conservative play.

If your team is down by more than a TD, you are pretty much screwed.  Look at Tyrod's record when he's trailed teams down by 4 points or less.  It's really bad.  I think he's one maybe 1 or 2 of those games.

I say this as someone who like Tyrod.  He's not just going to help you win from behind  

14 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

He's the perfect game manager.  If your team has a good defense and gets a lead, he'll do enough to protect it with conservative play.

If your team is down by more than a TD, you are pretty much screwed.  Look at Tyrod's record when he's trailed teams down by 4 points or less.  It's really bad.  I think he's one maybe 1 or 2 of those games.

I say this as someone who like Tyrod.  He's not just going to help you win from behind  

I think what most would say and I wouldn't argue is that he wasn't clutch.  I would trade not competitive for not being clutch any day.  I am excited that maybe Allen could someday be both but I worried that we just don't have the pieces in place or the coaching and if you are going to sell me that the future will be different I'm going to need to see more than what we just witnessed from a coaching stand point to buy it.

Edited by Maine-iac

Tyrod straight up blew this game for the Browns. On that final drive INT, that’s a TD if he doesn’t underthrow Josh Gordon.

Gordon’s got his guy beat. It’s weird because I don’t remember Taylor underthrowing the deep ball here. It was the only throw he could make!