2018 Nathan Peterman = 2013 Jeff Tuel

1 minute ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

See? That's the thing. I can be fooled. Anyone can. If I saw someone performing extremely well in practice and team scrimmages consistently and then play well in practice games, I see that the player is probably good. The competing QBs are not beating him.

That's why they play the real games to truly see. It's just one game and yes, Peterman sucked bad. But again, I need to see 2 more starts before I say bye bye to Nate. I predicted that Nate is going to start all 16 games. That doesn't look like it's gonna happen unless he turns it around. And he's only getting 2 more games from me. I don't know if he's getting 2 more starts.

That's a good enough sample size for me to jump ship.

No. That's not true. Practices and preseason is three quarters speed. If the ball is getting to the WR on out patterns and barely completed or near interceptions at three quarters speed, it's pretty easy to extrapolate those passes are incomplete or INTs at real speed. It's the same reason he was a #5 pick. 

No, Peterman is the 2010 Trent Edwards, and the end result should be the same. 

He looked good in preseason, but Gailey quickly realized that he didn't belong in the NFL at all. 

Beane needs to admit the obvious.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

No. That's not true. Practices and preseason is three quarters speed. If the ball is getting to the WR on out patterns and barely completed or near interceptions at three quarters speed, it's pretty easy to extrapolate those passes are incomplete or INTs at real speed. It's the same reason he was a #5 pick. 

Yup. It’s the old stat line vs skill set debate. Which shouldn’t exist in preseason. People posting his completion percentage and not talking about his accuracy, or zip or... totally missed the boat. Even the 5 int crowd, albeit right, many didn’t discuss his actual play.

On paper in the preseason it was roses and ice cream but if you were watching the play and thought “wow, that guys got what it takes” you just aren’t watching enough good QBs. I suspect the issue is in part that it’s been 20 years since we’ve had a good benchmark in house to use. There’s just stuff you have to do as an nfl qb that he can’t.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GG said:

No, Peterman is the 2010 Trent Edwards, and the end result should be the same. 

He looked good in preseason, but Gailey quickly realized that he didn't belong in the NFL at all. 

Beane needs to admit the obvious.  

That's exactly right. I said the same analogy earlier. I was hoping Nate would prove me wrong and show elements of his game I feared he lacked. But all of them were clear here. 

He's Tasker to me. Love the guy. Hate him as an announcer. Shouldn't be doing this job at this level. 

11 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Ok. Josh Allen did NOT beat Nate Peterman in training camp and pre-season. McDermott didn't care about three quarters speed stuff. They know more about football than me and seen more compared to me and you. That's why they get paid the big bucks. Not me. Not you.

I like rooting for the underdog. Nate was the underdog. I like to see the underdog succeed. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen here. We'll see next week if Peterman gets another start.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Yup. It’s the old stat line vs skill set debate. Which shouldn’t exist in preseason. People posting his completion percentage and not talking about his accuracy, or zip or... totally missed the boat.

On paper in the preseason it was roses and ice cream but if you were watching the play and thought “wow, that guys got what it takes” you just aren’t watching enough good QBs. I suspect the issue is in part that it’s been 20 years since we’ve had a good benchmark in house to use. There’s just stuff you have to do as an nfl qb that he can’t.

Agree with all of that. I would add that people were so frustrated with Tyrod not getting the ball out quick they WAY overvalued Nate able to do that and for some reason just ignored that he had other glaring weaknesses. Combined with thinking that his great stats and moving the chains in the preseason equated to a huge improvement in his game when all it really did was show stuff we already knew and didn't ever show stuff we should have been worrying about.  

47 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m trying to figure out when it’s acceptable to ask all of the Petermaniacs for an apology? We said that he sucked and took heat. He sucks. Is anyone going to be bold enough to own it and admit that he is trash?

Nope we're not Bills fans Kirby. BECAUSE WE AREN'T SUPPORTING OUR STARTER DAMNIT.

Just now, Buffalo Ballin said:

Ok. Josh Allen did NOT beat Nate Peterman in training camp and pre-season. McDermott didn't care about three quarters speed stuff. They know more about football than me and seen more compared to me and you. That's why they get paid the big bucks. Not me. Not you.

I like rooting for the underdog. Nate was the underdog. I like to see the underdog succeed.

Everybody loves the underdog.

Unless that underdog is not talented enough to play in the NFL and also happens to play for your favorite team.

Enough with the charade.  Peterman doesn’t deserve to wear an NFL uniform during the regular season.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

I like rooting for the underdog. Nate was the underdog. I like to see the underdog succeed. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen here. We'll see next week if Peterman gets another start.

Actually he did beat out Peterman in preseason. You and most others and McD just didn't see it. Allen showed he could allow the entire play book. Nate showed he could allow half. Allen showed he could throw short, medium and long, left, right and middle. Nate didn't show half of that, he just excelled at the half he could do. Allen was much better runner and scrambler and throwing into tight windows. 

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Unless that underdog is not talented enough to play in the NFL and also happens to play for your favorite team.

Enough with the charade.  Peterman doesn’t deserve to wear an NFL uniform during the regular season.

Allen's a great underdog though he got no offers for college starting out and even now is constantly dumped on by people obsessed with his completion percentage.

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Whoa. Slow your roll. Nate was drafted. Yes, drafted. He is talented to play in the NFL. To be a franchise superstar QB though? No. To be a starter? No. Looks like I'm wrong about that, too. It's up to Nate though. Not to me. I'm not the QB of the Buffalo Bills.

8 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Agree with all of that. I would add that people were so frustrated with Tyrod not getting the ball out quick they WAY overvalued Nate able to do that and for some reason just ignored that he had other glaring weaknesses. Combined with thinking that his great stats and moving the chains in the preseason equated to a huge improvement in his game when all it really did was show stuff we already knew and didn't ever show stuff we should have been worrying about.  

It’s a common thing here to put the last guys fatal flaw as the top priority for the next guy regardless of what else is in his overall skill set. I don’t mean that as a big knock on fans- we’ve even had GMs do it (see hardy, James or Maybin, aaron).

its easy and natural to do. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Actually he did beat out Peterman in preseason. You and most others and McD just didn't see it. Allen showed he could allow the entire play book. Nate showed he could allow half. Allen showed he could throw short, medium and long, left, right and middle. Nate didn't show half of that, he just excelled at the half he could do. Allen was much better runner and scrambler and throwing into tight windows. 

Nice.  I didn't see that. You saw that. Congrats. I don't wanna be the coach of the Bills. Sounds like you want to be. Go ahead. Go get that plane ticket and head out to Buffalo. Show us what you're made of instead typing on a message board.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Whoa. Slow your roll. Nate was drafted. Yes, drafted. He is talented to play in the NFL. To be a franchise superstar QB though? No. To be a starter? No. Looks like I'm wrong about that, too. It's up to Nate though. Not to me. I'm not the QB of the Buffalo Bills.

Slow my roll about one of the worst QBs that I’ve ever seen put on a Bills uniform?

Lots of players get drafted and then we soon realize that they had no business getting drafted or even taking up a roster spot.

The nicest guy in the locker room happens to suck at the pro game. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Nice.  I didn't see that. You saw that. Congrats. I don't wanna be the coach of the Bills. Sounds like you want to be. Go ahead. Go get that plane ticket and head out to Buffalo. Show us what you're made of instead typing on a message board.

No. I have strong opinions. I express them. I'm wrong a bunch of times but they aren't facts they are opinions. The very best thinkers in the NFL are wrong maybe 40% of the time. Predicting the NFL is hard. There is no such thing as a guy who consistently hits most let alone all of his draft picks. It's like baseball. If you're a .333 hitter you're one of the best in the league, but it still means you are out two out of three times. 

The Peterman thing was obvious to me. But I even said here a bunch of times in the last few weeks if he can show a little more arm strength, if he can show when real bullets fly he can do what he did with rubber bullets then maybe I misjudged him. I predicted in the Peterman stats thread he would be way way better than this. But all five things I was worried about and said before the game came true today. I just don't see how McD can face his veterans and play this guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

No. I have strong opinions. I express them. I'm wrong a bunch of times but they aren't facts they are opinions. The very best thinkers in the NFL are wrong maybe 40% of the time. Predicting the NFL is hard. There is no such thing as a guy who consistently hits most let alone all of his draft picks. It's like baseball. If you're a .333 hitter you're one of the best in the league, but it still means you are out two out of three times. 

The Peterman thing was obvious to me. But I even said here a bunch of times in the last few weeks if he can show a little more arm strength, if he can show when real bullets fly he can do what he did with rubber bullets then maybe I misjudged him. I predicted in the Peterman stats thread he would be way way better than this. But all five things I was worried about and said before the game came true today. I just don't see how McD can face his veterans and play this guy. 

Me, too. I was 100 percent correct about all the QBs we had since Doug Flutie left. And I pull the plug on those guys very early. But I don't do it after one game. It's somewhere around the 4-6th week is where I pull it if I don't see improvements; just to be absolutely sure in my mind. I'm not the coach. I don't see the stuff in practice and behind closed doors.

You were already dead set on Peterman sucking even before he stepped on the field. There is NO convincing you otherwise. The Josh Allen fans here were just waiting.

I give people chances just like I did with the other QBs. With me, I need suitable game samples before I make my final decisions. When Josh Allen gets his chance, I'll give him my support just like all the QBs before him. I hope I'm wrong about Allen. I didn't want him here because we have to trade 2 second rounders for him. I would have used the picks for more quality defensive players. Which to me, is the number one reason why we got handed 47 points up our arses.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Me, too. I was 100 percent correct about all the QBs we had since Doug Flutie left. And I pull the plug on those guys very early. But I don't do it after one game. It's somewhere around the 4-6th week is where I pull it if I don't see improvements; just to be absolutely sure in my mind. I'm not the coach. I don't see the stuff in practice and behind closed doors.

You were already dead set on Peterman sucking even before he stepped on the field. There is NO convincing you otherwise. The Josh Allen fans here were just waiting.

I give people chances just like I did with the other QBs. With me, I need suitable game samples before I make my final decisions. When Josh Allen gets his chance, I'll give him my support just like all the QBs before him. I hope I'm wrong about Allen. I didn't want him here because we have to trade 2 first rounders for him. I would have used the picks for more quality defensive players. Which to me, is the number one reason why we got handed 47 points up our arses.

Completely untrue. I was skeptical about Peterman because of what I saw in college and because of his draft position. He was drafted there for a reason and most of it was because he had a suspect arm. When I saw him in preseason I didn't at all see what others did. He just wasn't good. He threw weak. He didn't throw well on slants and over the middle.  All of the stuff that made him a 5th round pick were obvious. I said here 100 times show me one play when he did this or that and it was crickets. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Is that the one where you were dead wrong after trying to convince me that I had no idea what i was talking about? I deal with a lot of misinformed conversations in my life - can't keep track of them all

Yay. You were right about Peterman starting in week 1.

I just didn't think McDermott would make the same mistake twice.

I was wrong.

I'm glad he autocorrects quickly from his mistakes.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Damn. Nate Peterman got roasted today. Holy hell. I was backing him  a lot because he showed it in pre-season. Wow. I was wrong. It's just one game though. I'd give Peterman 2 more games to start. If he doesn't show any improvement and puts up stats then I yank Nate for the rest of the year and just give it to Allen.

This team will probably lay down on the field if McDermott trots Peterman out there again.