Patrick Mahomes Lighting up the Chargers

26CornerBlitz

Just now, BuffaloButt said:

Two of Mahomes TD passes were forward handoffs, gimmicks that Tom Brady does as well.  If Mahomes was in Buffalo he would be struggling with our team.  I'd rather have him than Allen any day and our old management (before Beane) botched that pick!

The TD pass to FB Anthony Sherman was spectacular.

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

The flip side is- sit him behind Tyrod and use the boat load of picks to acquire all that instead of dismantling the team to trade up for the qb. 

I dont know the thought process behind why they loved allen but traded out of Mahoney but it’s an interesting enough discussion 

I think the answer is easy. They weren't going to let Whaley draft another QB being a lame duck GM and Mcdermott wasn't going to go out on a limb and have a QB picked without having his guys in the front office in charge of helping him pick one. Plus I think they had an idea there were going to be a bunch of potential first round Qbs this year which proved to be correct. I still think Darnold was their first choice though if they had the first pick.

31 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The TD pass to FB Anthony Sherman was spectacular.

I thought it was routine. Nice pass but he was wide open. Not like he had to put it over one guy and under another. Or thread a needle. It hit him on the run. Really nice pass. But not real hard let alone spectacular. 

11 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I thought it was routine. Nice pass but he was wide open. Not like he had to put it over one guy and under another. Or thread a needle. It hit him on the run. Really nice pass. But not real hard let alone spectacular. 

He put it over the defender who almost got a hand on it.  It was a perfect pass.

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

He put it over the defender who almost got a hand on it.  It was a perfect pass.

I take that back. You and 26 were right. I just went back and watched it and the defender in front was a lot closer than I thought. I was watching the game live and saw the play and it looked like a perfect pass to be but hit him in stride and he ran in untouched. I didn't watch the replay. Again, you guys were right. It was a great pass. 

I like Mahomes. I think he's going to put up huge numbers. Hard to think of another guy in the league set up to do so except maybe Goff who has a bunch of good players and a genius coach. 

Didn't Mahomes sit all of last year behind a vet QB learning the system? He was well prepared for this year with more offensive weapons than any team in the league. Didn't Rodgers, Brady, and Brees sit behind QBS as well learning the system and growing as a QB? When will the Bills learn?!?!

Edited by Awwufelloff

12 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Didn't Mahomes sit all of last year behind a vet QB learning the system? He was well prepared for this year with more offensive weapons than any team in the league. Didn't Rodgers, Brady, and Brees sit behind QBS as well learning the system and growing as a QB? When will the Bills learn?!?!

Rodgers sat behind Farve. They had a stud already and didn't need to play him. Brady only played because Bledsoe got hurt. They had just given Bledsoe the first $100m contract in league history IIRC. It was a fluke. Brees was in a QB competition as a rookie and got beat out by 87 year old Doug Flutie. 

• Like (+1) 1

Someone had asked about the summary of the trade involving Mahomes etc...here it is....but it doesn't include any subsequent moves to get further up in this years draft for Allen.  

Chiefs Get : 

QB Pat Mahomes (R1 pick 10, 2017)

Bills Get:

CB Tre White (R1 pick 27, 2017)

Pick 91 (R3 pick 91, 2017) packaged with other picks for trade up to 37.  Rams used pick on S John Johnson.  Bills go to (R2 pick 37, 2017) and select WR Zay Jones.

Pick 21 (R1 pick 21, 2018) packaged with other picks for trade up to 16.  Ravens traded out with Titans who used the pick on LB Rashaan Evans.  Bills go to (R1 pick 16, 2018) and select LB Tremaine Edmunds.

Esentially, after it was all said and done, it was Mahomes for Tre White, Zay Jones and Tre Edmunds more or less ish.

12 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Someone had asked about the summary of the trade involving Mahomes etc...here it is....but it doesn't include any subsequent moves to get further up in this years draft for Allen.  

Chiefs Get : 

QB Pat Mahomes (R1 pick 10, 2017)

Bills Get:

CB Tre White (R1 pick 27, 2017)

Pick 91 (R3 pick 91, 2017) packaged with other picks for trade up to 37.  Rams used pick on S John Johnson.  Bills go to (R2 pick 37, 2017) and select WR Zay Jones.

Pick 21 (R1 pick 21, 2018) packaged with other picks for trade up to 16.  Ravens traded out with Titans who used the pick on LB Rashaan Evans.  Bills go to (R1 pick 16, 2018) and select LB Tremaine Edmunds.

Esentially, after it was all said and done, it was Mahomes for Tre White, Zay Jones and Tre Edmunds more or less ish.

Just came to say you are probably right about Mahomes.

1 hour ago, StrikeParry said:

Just came to say you are probably right about Mahomes.

I don't need to do that....I've made that case all over this board...no need to do it again right now....

Consider this Bills fans.....IF you all believe in the process etc....then you really need to embrace what that entails...WAY too many of you (not all) haven't honestly considered what the current FO is having to do here....

1.  You are in salary cap hell.  There simply isn't any magic that fixes that until you get past all this dead money.  

2.  You did in fact draft a QB who isn't ready to go out of the box.  That's FINE for now as long as you understand that is what you have right now...and even if he is more ready than that, your roster isn't.

3.  Your team made the playoffs in a year where you had a negative point differential and some stuff fell your way.  Matt Cassel once led one of the worst Chiefs teams I have ever seen, to a division title using smoke a mirrors one year...the schedule broke just right, every bounce went our way...the underlying stats and the eye test told us all they were awful.  The Bills are aweful, and they weren't that much less awful last year.

Given that...at this point, you are on schedule.  If you can just come to terms with the idea that THIS year is going to be miserable and it has to be that way to wait out the cap and to develope your QB, you'll be fine.  in 2019, you'll be picking top of draft and have money to spend....AND if it is meant to be, then Allen will have become more NFL ready.  You can then spend big on that roster to actually then find out if the QB you have is the man.

This may or may not work but at MINIMUM, you have to let these guys undue the cap hell and see Allen through enough to determine if they got it right or not.  Any new regime would have to carry through with the SAME plan for the first year at least anyway.  

Stay the course.  Watch a lot of college football to see wich D Lineman you like this year...supposed to be a prime D Lineman draft coming up.  Watch some youtubes of your reactions making the playoffs....it sucks, but the real progress can't begin until you get through this year.  Good luck.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

I don't need to do that....I've made that case all over this board...no need to do it again right now....

Consider this Bills fans.....IF you all believe in the process etc....then you really need to embrace what that entails...WAY too many of you (not all) haven't honestly considered what the current FO is having to do here....

1.  You are in salary cap hell.  There simply isn't any magic that fixes that until you get past all this dead money.  

2.  You did in fact draft a QB who isn't ready to go out of the box.  That's FINE for now as long as you understand that is what you have right now...and even if he is more ready than that, your roster isn't.

3.  Your team made the playoffs in a year where you had a negative point differential and some stuff fell your way.  Matt Cassel once led one of the worst Chiefs teams I have ever seen, to a division title using smoke a mirrors one year...the schedule broke just right, every bounce went our way...the underlying stats and the eye test told us all they were awful.  The Bills are aweful, and they weren't that much less awful last year.

Given that...at this point, you are on schedule.  If you can just come to terms with the idea that THIS year is going to be miserable and it has to be that way to wait out the cap and to develope your QB, you'll be fine.  in 2019, you'll be picking top of draft and have money to spend....AND if it is meant to be, then Allen will have become more NFL ready.  You can then spend big on that roster to actually then find out if the QB you have is the man.

This may or may not work but at MINIMUM, you have to let these guys undue the cap hell and see Allen through enough to determine if they got it right or not.  Any new regime would have to carry through with the SAME plan for the first year at least anyway.  

Stay the course.  Watch a lot of college football to see wich D Lineman you like this year...supposed to be a prime D Lineman draft coming up.  Watch some youtubes of your reactions making the playoffs....it sucks, but the real progress can't begin until you get through this year.  Good luck.

No no...I am saying you were right about Mahomes. Not saying you were here to gloat or anything like that. I appreciate other teams’ fans around here bud.

3 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

I don't think it's as much doom and gloom as you portray. Granted the team won games last year on a formula that is difficult to duplicate in that Tyrod Taylor only threw 4 INTs all year as he was so careful with the ball. The Bills defense was also so very opportunistic with the turnovers so they got lucky in more ways than just turnovers too.

This year can be a winning season for Buffalo as they still have a decent amount of talent on the team with McCoy and Murphy at RB. So the Bills NEED to build a run game each week to help take pressure off the QB and the defense. Running the ball will help control the clock and keep the defense off the field and fresh. this last game it was like the Bills didn't even attempt many runs. 

That pass-first offense with Peterman against the Ravens didn't even have a first down the entire first half and the team ended with 10 first downs, 5 from Allen, 3 from rushing. Shoot, Peterman went 5 of 18 for 24 yards a 1.3 average, 2 INTs, 3 sacks. A QB rating of .7 which I didn't think was possible. It wasn't that the Ravens defense was so dominating as Peterman had time to throw many times. He just stunk it up with the help of penalties from the line and WRs not getting separation or getting open. 

Beane/McD need to find a WR to stretch the field, get separation and a freaking Left guard who can actually block without getting a penalty! All is not lost, not yet anyway. 

I don’t know how much the Bills liked Mahomes or even Trubisky, but we know they traded down because a new GM was imminent. Pegulas should probably have just cleaned house and hired a GM, then a HC. Regardless, they gambled on the 2018 draft for a QB then unexpectedly made the playoffs. The job got tougher. It may or may not pan out, but if it doesn’t the seeds of failure were planted draft night in 2017. 

• Like (+1) 1